Badger5Volks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

Getting my replacement car next week

I will be picking my new car up next week, I couldnt get the same as the one that was stolen which was A3 s/line b/edition 140 in Ibis white so my new one is the 170 Quattro..Im sure I will love it but ive never owned a quattro before....whats everyone's thoughts on it...im sure its a great car but is there anything I should know?? x
    Last edited by Sarah28; 4th July 2012 at 11:37.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I owned one of these and it was excellent the whole time I had it with the only issue being one key deciding to ditch it's programming and stop working but was fixed straight away by Audi.

I test drove the 140 and found there is definitely better pull in the 170 as well as being able to launch itself out of corners with a much greater ferocity if you're so inclined. Much better in the wet and in the really bad snow of 2010 I never got stuck a single time despite choosing some snowy inclines to test quattro hill starts on!

I think that the only downside was the mpg which isn't as good as the 140 for sure, I was averaging about 35-38mpg but did almost entirely town driving. That said, I did a 62mph convoy from Silverstone to Aberdeen and averaged 61.4mpg so it can get good mileage!

I think you'll enjoy it and if it's an 8V then it seems like everything will be a bit better than the 8P2 I had.
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition

1st Gear

Status
    Oooh brilliant, you’ve made my day…I cant wait for the snow haha, we get loads where live and up top of a hill…I expected the MPG not to be as good but I mainly do motorway miles so I might not see a massive difference..its probably not a car I would have gone for (not saying I don’t like it) I love it but never thought I'd afford one.. but as there were no other black editions in white I had to get it…. But might be one of those cases where I never look back, I hope!!!

Im no good with knowing what 8V or 8P2 :-( should I know this haha x