Lead in time

poweller

Reaction score
Hi all,
has anyone on here ordered the new A3 yet? I have been quoted a lead in of 18-21 weeks which seems a long time although I have heard Audi are notorious for long lead in times? They are saying first deliveries will start in September.
Cheers

Audi are certainly quoting September for the first deliveries on the New A3. It may be that production has not yet started. Audi tend to change their production lines for a new model around this time of year and it may well be that the line for the New A3 is not yet fully up and running.

I wish I could start getting lease quotes for mine but, as I can't get a straight answer about the total lack of information on the phone prep options, I guess I'll not be doing anything yet.

I have ordered one, apparently it will be with me end of September/early October, no build date confirmed yet.

I'm considering placing an order and I've been told 12 weeks with delivery early October. Not sure I really believe it, my last A3 took far longer!

The dealer was quoting the first deliveries in October at the preview even I went to last evening.

My current car was a factory order and took 2.5 months to arrive so they can turn them out fairly quickly when they want to :)

Reactions: suzannec
Dealer has confirmed mine will be in stock 01 October, we'll see!

Reactions: suzannec
I think I'm going to have to take a leap of faith if I want one. The preview vehicle is doing a tour of the UK and last month it was in the Westcountry and I missed it. It isn't due in Cardiff until 11 August and I'd rather like to have placed my order by then. Grrr.

I am nervous about taking a leap of faith as I've got back problems I would prefer a test drive just to make sure it will be okay.

Well I've got my leasing quote and the order will be going in the week after next as soon as the boss gets back from holiday to approve it. Still zero information about the phone options though which is less than useful. My dealer is being hopeless so I'm going to try calling Audi UK directly tomorrow and see if I get anywhere.

My dealer (Salisbury Audi) told me that delivery will be some time in October. It was going to be September, but a note was sent round to all the dealers saying that this had slipped by 1 month.

I think I'm going to have to take a leap of faith if I want one. The preview vehicle is doing a tour of the UK and last month it was in the Westcountry and I missed it. It isn't due in Cardiff until 11 August and I'd rather like to have placed my order by then. Grrr.

I am nervous about taking a leap of faith as I've got back problems I would prefer a test drive just to make sure it will be okay.

I guess if you wait that long delivery could be pushed back until the end of the year, I was originally quoted 18 weeks! According to my local dealer they are getting a steady stream of orders. Are you worried about the sports seats with your back?

I guess if you wait that long delivery could be pushed back until the end of the year, I was originally quoted 18 weeks! According to my local dealer they are getting a steady stream of orders. Are you worried about the sports seats with your back?

I think I've done enough research to know the seats are going to be suitable, I can see from all of the available photos of the interior everything that my current seats are not. I also want the car as soon as it is first available (doesn't everybody) so if I leave it much longer you are right I will have to wait much longer. Audi promised to send me details of where I can see the A3 on preview but they've not emailed me yet. I may just have to order.....................

Do it! The reviews were good enough to make me order without viewing it in the flesh, you can't go wrong :thumbsup: