AH FabricationsVolks Autos
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NEW A3! Preproduction preview!! PICS!!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbey View Post
    Don't like the A7 style steering wheel though.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I like the front of the blue one, looks lovely! Not so sure of the inside but no doubt it will grow on me....

Cheers,
    Si
    Currently Driving - 2012 White 3 Door A3 170 Quattro Black Edition with loads of toys! - It's here and I love it!

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    I did brother:

That does look lovely, it is Scuba right? Also think it's the Sport, quite like the front end although I'm sure the S Line will be that little bit better.

I'll put good money on N8 NOT putting that steering wheel in the A3.... Correct me if I'm wrong haha

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

Reverse Gear

Status
    Few screenies from a video of the S-Line for those that haven't seen it...

Interior Next!!

Status
    the S3 is gonna look the muts
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

JNP
    1st Gear

Status
    The blue sport version (if it is a sport?) seems to have a smoother front bumper with less detial than the red sline one? I think I prefer it. The only wheels I like so far are the 18's from the external styling pack I saw in the brochure, love the sline spoiler though, looks a bit like the RS one.
    S3 8L AMK 51' - V3 Badger TIP - Jetex Cone w/ Heatshield - Forge FMDV008 - DS2500 Front Pads - 312/256 Discs - HR Sportkit

Reverse Gear

Status
    The red S-Line version above has a flat botton steering weel. Usually the flat bottom wheel is only avilable on the back edition. In the picture above it is also left hand drive. Will the flat bottom wheel be available on the S-Line model in the UK?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenH View Post
    The red S-Line version above has a flat botton steering weel. Usually the flat bottom wheel is only avilable on the back edition. In the picture above it is also left hand drive. Will the flat bottom wheel be available on the S-Line model in the UK?
    As far as I'm aware the S-Line does come with a flat bottomed steering wheel, although I've only seen the 1.8TFSI quattro S-Line get tested, so I can't say a 1.6TDI S-Line will come with one for sure, but I would say it will.

Reverse Gear

Status
    The car itself looks great... however i will be holiding out until they release the Black Edition. Also hopefully a little further down the line there will be a 170ps TDI version like the existing A3.

6th Gear

Status
    Going by the prices on the other thread I wont be ordering one .. £23k for 1.6 TDi S-Line without any options .. Don't think so

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by James.Asbri View Post
    I'll put good money on N8 NOT putting that steering wheel in the A3.... Correct me if I'm wrong haha
    I've got the 2012 S5 wheel in my car now, which has the same platform of buttons as the new 8V.

Quote Originally Posted by a6_chris View Post
    Going by the prices on the other thread I wont be ordering one .. £23k for 1.6 TDi S-Line without any options .. Don't think so
    It's just life though isn't it. Everything gets better & more expensive. When we went into the Porsche garage next to the Museum in Stuttgart a brand new loaded Boxster worked out to be £66k! £66k for a Boxster! Unreal.

6th Gear

Status
    IIt's just life though isn't it. Everything gets better & more expensive. When we went into the Porsche garage next to the Museum in Stuttgart a brand new loaded Boxster worked out to be £66k! £66k for a Boxster! Unreal.
    Very true - take the new A6 for example - I specced one up to £85k and that was without every option compared to the previous (C6 model) topped out about £50k with all options (excluding S6 and RS6 of course) and IMO the C6 being the better car.

It's not only Audi, BMW are doing it too with the 1series - I think specced a 120d up to £33k or there abouts. Jeez, I'd rather buy a year old car with better spec for less £££.

I think I'll be keeping my 8P for a while longer

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Yes that's right, I'm 4 years into my ownership and still going strong!

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    I've got the 2012 S5 wheel in my car now, which has the same platform of buttons as the new 8V
    I was talking about the 4 Spoke steering wheel haha

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

3rd Gear

Status
    Everything in the centre of the dash, from the air vents to the climate control panel and everything in between looks utterly repulsive to me.

It's like someone tried to make the ventilation controls resemble a retro 1970's radio, and the row of buttons between that and the vents looks like a hideous afterthought.

The screen retract mechanism may be trick, but it looks cheap and poorly-planned sticking up like that.

The interior looks worse than the god-awful Chevrolet Camaro 1970's black-vinyl-and-chrome retro-fest.

Vomit-inducing.

I like the exterior though. They fücked up with the insides though.

6+1 Gears

Status
    Wow! My thoughts exactly!!!
    DSG | Vienna Leather | Bose Sound | MFSW | Interior Lights Pack | Light & Rain Sensors | Auto Dimming Mirror Mods: LED RNS-e | FL LED Tail Lights | Bi-Xenons | Illuminated Speaker Grilles | Tinted windows | Chrome Switches | Chrome Paddles&Commands | RS4 Start Button | Cruise Control | S3 Pedals | S3 Roof Spoiler | 18" BBS CH | H&R Spacers 10/15 mm | Bilstein B16 PSS10 | H&R 26/24 ARBs | TT Arms | S3 Front Brakes+DS2500+Tarox F2000 | HEL Brake Lines | VNT20 | EGR&Cooler Delete | Custom Remap

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    the red sline looks nice, i like the bits around the fogs that stick out a little from the bumper... very mean edge there
    the blue one looks good too.
    hate the interior though... that BMW dash is just so plain and boring!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by James.Asbri View Post
    I was talking about the 4 Spoke steering wheel haha
    So was I

2nd Gear

Status
    Is that a draw or something built into the center of the back seat? The part you sit on not the through hole from the boot.

6th Gear

Status
    Pop out drinks holder

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    Those rear lights remind me of the hyundai coupe lol - is it driving forwards or backwards!? And the vents look like the ones you get in the overhead airconditioning in National Express coaches
    Red is the colour..

Reverse Gear

Status
    can someone answer this....the Audi A3 at Geneva 2012 had a completely different set of headlights which were more defined and looked better than the A3 that has just been releases and it also had s-line seats which were kind of bucket shaped/kinda Aston Martin style....

Have Audi scrapped these 2 designs? does anyone know what i am talking about? Check youtube clips Audi A3 Geneva 2012 by Autoexpress and Whichwebsite....

Audi Heaven

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenH View Post
    The car itself looks great... however i will be holiding out until they release the Black Edition. Also hopefully a little further down the line there will be a 170ps TDI version like the existing A3.
    Audi will launch the A3 with the 177PS 2.0TDi engine as found in the A6 but will come later on maybe when the Sportback is launched.

The Black Edition is available on the A4 so would imagine is will come back on the new A3 but probably a few years in. The A1 Black Edition has only just been released after 18 months.

As for pricing, I think Audi have been selling the current A3 8P too cheap compared to say VW Golf. When we ordered our 2010 A3 S-Line Sportback 170TDi DSG, it was £3k cheaper than the equivalent specced Golf GTD. Looks like the pricing has been addressed in that respect because a Golf should be cheaper than an Audi!
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah prices have definitely risen. I specced one up to the same level as my current car, which was £26.5k list price 18 months ago, and it came to £30k, so a 13% rise. Still reasonable for what it is though IMO.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Neutral

Status
    Beautifully understated, just how a premium brand should be. The king is dead; long live the king

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12