Post Pics Of Your A3/S3 8v In Here

I know :(

but I saved 14k euro, new here in Ireland they are 58K new... and it was well spec'd so I figured it was worth it.

Yeah, good saving and fortunately the S3 is so powerful that even the lunatic press couldn't really wring it out!

Reactions: illingworth22
Well After attempting to pick the car up on 31st of May and discovering that the dealer had installed dealer fit swirl marks in every panel and then the battle ensured with the dealer to get them to get it corrected to what should be brand new condition. I finally have had an amazing job carried out by a local detailer called Envy Car Care in Fareham.
He also applied Liquid Elements SHEILD ceramic coating with should help with the S3's extremely soft paint. I was told by 4 detailers the same that for some reason the paint on the 8V is REALLY soft!!
Anyway I managed to get a few snaps before the rain fell last week with dust from the dessert it seems... Enjoy!

Looks amazing. Can I ask - did you get any compensation from your dealer, or did they pay for your professional detail?

I have heard the same said about Audi paint being soft & my detailed confirmed this! Does the paint harden with time?

I have heard the same said about Audi paint being soft & my detailed confirmed this! Does the paint harden with time?

That's strange as the general consensus over the past 10 or so years is that Audi paint/clear coat is very hard.

I know :(

but I saved 14k euro, new here in Ireland they are 58K new... and it was well spec'd so I figured it was worth it.

New engines can take it anyways, hopefully they warmed up the oil first though

On a side note I'm going it make it my mission to get some "press style" in motion shots of my new car like yours cause there awesome !

Veeeight, it's a job for me and you mate !

Reactions: veeeight and illingworth22
I was chatting to one of the owners at AB Direct and they said the Audi paint was quite hard and you'd struggle to do any damage with a DA polisher....

I'm no paint expert though, my 8L imola yellow S3's paint was very hard wearing though, less chips, marks etc when compared to my 8P S3.

I was chatting to one of the owners at AB Direct and they said the Audi paint was quite hard and you'd struggle to do any damage with a DA polisher....

I'm no paint expert though, my 8L imola yellow S3's paint was very hard wearing though, less chips, marks etc when compared to my 8P S3.

Yes that's exactly what I've heard. I've invested in a DA polisher, but as my car is currently defect free I've not used it yet. There are countless threads about Audi paint being hard and people struggling to get it to cut. Apparently MF pads are pretty good at cutting Audi paint.

Looks amazing. Can I ask - did you get any compensation from your dealer, or did they pay for your professional detail?

The dealer where the worst ever known and I will never set foot in the door again even though they are 15 mins down the road and my next nearest is over 40 mins drive away to be honest. At first said there wasn't a problem with the paint, but minutes later then said that they all come from the factory like that! I had to purseude them that it needed sorting, then had to justify to them to actually sell me the car in the end, they threw around quotes like "we wont sell the car to you as the cars not right for you and your not right for the car!!!!" They were just not interested in what I wanted to have a car that's in showroom condition or brand new which is what I bought! Amongst other problems after this with paperwork etc.

Seeing as though I specced it, chose everything and waited longer than they originally said it would be, what right have they to say this!!

Anyway long story, they just wanted me out of their hair and gave me a "good will payment" which barely covered the cost of a machine polish. I paid for the ceramic coating on top as the paint is so soft. They didn't pay for time spent looking around for a detailer, the petrol driving there in my car and my girlfriends car who took me home and also the same to collect it etc etc.

Even Audi CS couldn't force them to do anything as I had been dealing with the Management team, I only spoke to the business sales manager...go figure but Audi CS seemed very sheepish when they tried to email me and it didn't work and they checked and it appears that although I am a customer for over 13 years with Audi my phone number, email and some details were deleted of the system....they all of sudden matched how much the dealer good will was :uhm:... so I maybe broke even with the coating...less the mileage on two cars and time spent.

I know about Audi hard paint previously but the Audi A3/S3 in 8V form apparently in 4 different detailers experience have had a nightmare correcting it as you as much breath on it and it marks!! I don't know if it's mainly Estoril Blue....

But I search on web and LOTS of Estoril Blue S6/S7 etc drivers in the USA have the same problem... just google Estoril Blue paint soft etc.

The dealer where the worst ever known and I will never set foot in the door again even though they are 15 mins down the road and my next nearest is over 40 mins drive away to be honest. At first said there wasn't a problem with the paint, but minutes later then said that they all come from the factory like that! I had to purseude them that it needed sorting, then had to justify to them to actually sell me the car in the end, they threw around quotes like "we wont sell the car to you as the cars not right for you and your not right for the car!!!!" They were just not interested in what I wanted to have a car that's in showroom condition or brand new which is what I bought! Amongst other problems after this with paperwork etc.

Seeing as though I specced it, chose everything and waited longer than they originally said it would be, what right have they to say this!!

Anyway long story, they just wanted me out of their hair and gave me a "good will payment" which barely covered the cost of a machine polish. I paid for the ceramic coating on top as the paint is so soft. They didn't pay for time spent looking around for a detailer, the petrol driving there in my car and my girlfriends car who took me home and also the same to collect it etc etc.

Even Audi CS couldn't force them to do anything as I had been dealing with the Management team, I only spoke to the business sales manager...go figure but Audi CS seemed very sheepish when they tried to email me and it didn't work and they checked and it appears that although I am a customer for over 13 years with Audi my phone number, email and some details were deleted of the system....they all of sudden matched how much the dealer good will was :uhm:... so I maybe broke even with the coating...less the mileage on two cars and time spent.

I know about Audi hard paint previously but the Audi A3/S3 in 8V form apparently in 4 different detailers experience have had a nightmare correcting it as you as much breath on it and it marks!! I don't know if it's mainly Estoril Blue....

But I search on web and LOTS of Estoril Blue S6/S7 etc drivers in the USA have the same problem... just google Estoril Blue paint soft etc.

That could be why they've stopped using Estoril? I've got Daytona and it's very hard paint.

8ahete8a.jpg

My drive yesterday.

Reactions: Micromecca, cocob, Louay and 2 others
IMG 0514

Is not sepang blue......Is sprint blue.

Reactions: J6YAK
Yes that's exactly what I've heard. I've invested in a DA polisher, but as my car is currently defect free I've not used it yet. There are countless threads about Audi paint being hard and people struggling to get it to cut. Apparently MF pads are pretty good at cutting Audi paint.

What DA polisher did you go for? I've been tempted but not taken the plunge yet.

What DA polisher did you go for? I've been tempted but not taken the plunge yet.

DAS6 Pro. Bought the orange, green, white and black 5.5" and 4" hexlogic pads to go with it. Not used it yet, but hopefully will do soon. Going to buy Meg's 105 & 205 polishes as well.

Reactions: Louay
DAS6 Pro. Bought the orange, green, white and black 5.5" and 4" hexlogic pads to go with it. Not used it yet, but hopefully will do soon. Going to buy Meg's 105 & 205 polishes as well.

Everyone buys that one and raves about it, I need to do my research and make a decision to take the plunge or not. I can see a good few hours reading on detailing world on the way.

He would the Evo, German cars never got any love in the F & F films

Production couldn't afford the royalties. Taken had a nice Audi A3 sportback in it, now that's a film!

Reactions: Pulp84 and The Challinor

Let us know how you get on? Pics/vid for newbs to DA'S would be great!

Everyone buys that one and raves about it, I need to do my research and make a decision to take the plunge or not. I can see a good few hours reading on detailing world on the way.

I've got the DAS6 too but to be honest I've not used it yet, I'm going to buy a bonnet from a breakers and practice with it.

Definately seems to be the one to buy.

I've got the DAS6 too but to be honest I've not used it yet, I'm going to buy a bonnet from a breakers and practice with it.

Definately seems to be the one to buy.

I've got one too, I've used it a few times now and getting used to it, I managed to remove most of a huge scratch from my sisters car which was great practice haha ( better practicing on someone else's car haha) I've also used it on my S3 and removed the free issue dealer swirls. Well worth getting one!!

I've got one too, I've used it a few times now and getting used to it, I managed to remove most of a huge scratch from my sisters car which was great practice haha ( better practicing on someone else's car haha) I've also used it on my S3 and removed the free issue dealer swirls. Well worth getting one!!

What product did you go for to remove the swirls?

Really must watch some vids on the Das 6 Pro and put some research in.

A few pics of mine following collection on Friday...;)

Reactions: ajvS3, Martinbanshee, TheFiftheElement and 1 other person
Production couldn't afford the royalties. Taken had a nice Audi A3 sportback in it, now that's a film!

Let us know how you get on? Pics/vid for newbs to DA'S would be great!

Will do, although it may be a while off as baby no.2 is due imminently so may have my hands full. Currently negotiating with my wife to have a detailing day next Sat!!

Can highly recommend Junkman vids on YouTube. He's quite a character, but really informative. I've spend hours reading how to guides and watching vids on machine polishing. I've already got 3 friends and family lining up for a session.....not sure how much to charge them yet!?!

Sorry off topic!

Meg's 105 & 205 are highly recommended as well as Menzerna. Apparently the Meg's are slightly better as they're non-diminishing and can be worked longer.

I used Chemical Guys swirl be gone, not bad stuff as it turns into a polish as it breaks down and is not a harsh abrasive.
I used it with a green hex logic pad.

Si_S3Are the alloy tipped S-Tronic paddles standard on the S3? I'd like to pep mine up a little when my new car arrives.

Si_S3Are the alloy tipped S-Tronic paddles standard on the S3? I'd like to pep mine up a little when my new car arrives.

I think they are - I'd also like to do the same so if you find out costs etc please let me know. I did the same with my TT (but bought OSIR alloy paddles) but they are not available for the A3.

As the guys above have said, yep they are standard on the S3