Chris NottAH Fabrications
Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 24272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,360 of 1671
Like Tree1537Likes

Thread: Post pics of your A3 8V in here

Neutral

Status
    Took my car out for a drive in the Southern Highlands of NSW today. It has roads such as the legendary Macquarie Pass with stacked hairpins like this:

w1200_h678_fcrop.jpg

Great fun in a car with this level of grip and precision, and once the road straightens out into esses and you can put your foot down properly, well it's just spine-tingingly brilliant. In Dynamic Mode, the exhaust flaps open rudely blapping with each angry gear change until you run out of nerve

Once you reach the top of the hill there's calm, rolling green countryside, and right now some lovely autumn colours. Here's a few pics of the my S3 looking a lot less hot under the collar after the drive than its occupants

S3_amalfi_white-8.jpg

S3_amalfi_white-7.jpg

S3_amalfi_white-9.jpg
    81llyh, Pulp84, chute1860 and 1 others like this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Looks awesome hot mate
    Trickydicky2 likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickydicky2 View Post
    It's a hard colour to pin down. I think the auto white balance in my camera is using the car to set the WB for the shot, hence the leaves in first example look too blue. Lightroom makes a decent fist of auto-correcting but ends up with a slight magenta cast in the second pic. I have no idea if my monitor is accurate, but the third one looks most like my car to me...
    I've found Adobe's auto white balance tends to give photos a bit of a warm cast compared to how I remember true to life, I usually stick closer to my camera's white balance settings, but obviously it depends how good your camera is at that!
    S3 (8V) S-Tronic Estoril Blue; A3 2.0TFSI S-Line quattro, Dolphin Grey [sold]

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by peters3 View Post
    Love to see more pics in the shade so the off-white uniqueness can be apparent. :}
    OK here's a picture taken on my phone (SGN2) with WB set to cloudy day. The car on the left is a very bright, cold white. As you can see Amalfi looks a milky white in comparison. It looks pretty accurate viewed on my phone

20140427_111515.jpg

Neutral

Status
    Amalfi white looks nice.

Hey did you ask your dealer about Audi Connect? Whether we can get it in aus and if not whether it is possible to be retro fitted?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden86 View Post
    Amalfi white looks nice.

Hey did you ask your dealer about Audi Connect? Whether we can get it in aus and if not whether it is possible to be retro fitted?
    It's not available on A3 range at present and sales person believed retro fit not possible

Neutral

Status
    That's sucks. Even though I think it's available on the sedan? Certainly available in other markets.

1st Gear

Status
    OK, this picture was taken today with cloudy skies and is straight out of the camera other than resized

Attachment 32372

This version has white balance auto-corrected in Adobe Lightroom

Attachment 32373

And this version is manually corrected to look true to life when viewed on my monitor

Attachment 32374

It's a hard colour to pin down. I think the auto white balance in my camera is using the car to set the WB for the shot, hence the leaves in first example look too blue. Lightroom makes a decent fist of auto-correcting but ends up with a slight magenta cast in the second pic. I have no idea if my monitor is accurate, but the third one looks most like my car to me...
    Amalfi is beautiful,and suits the A3 much better than the A1.The sharp crease lines cast shadows and creates those milky shades.Its a soft ,warm colour that offers two colours in one,white in bright light , soft cream highlights in dull or early evening light. It appeals much more to me than the harsh Glacier white.It looks an expensive colour on the A3 and looks exactly like Audi Heritage white racing colours from the 80s.....
    Trickydicky2 likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by holly35 View Post
    Amalfi is beautiful,and suits the A3 much better than the A1.The sharp crease lines cast shadows and creates those milky shades.Its a soft ,warm colour that offers two colours in one,white in bright light , soft cream highlights in dull or early evening light. It appeals much more to me than the harsh Glacier white.It looks an expensive colour on the A3 and looks exactly like Audi Heritage white racing colours from the 80s.....
    Amalfi only looks good on the Black Edition / S-line A1.

I went for it again on my S3 as I felt its more interesting than glacier - you have described perfectly how it changes in different light.
    Trickydicky2 likes this.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

1st Gear

Status
    Gave the car the Werkstat Acrylic treatment yesterday then took it for a quick spin.

IMG_9209.jpg

IMG_9198.jpg

IMG_9199.jpg

Took this one through the front window before to show the nice beading effect given by four layers of Werkstat Jett

IMG_9214.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Migwire; 27th April 2014 at 19:50.
    81llyh, veeeight, Pulp84 and 3 others like this.
    2014 A3 Sport 2.0TDI 184PS, Monsoon Grey with privacy glass

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Migwire View Post
    Gave the car the Werkstat Acrylic treatment yesterday then took it for a quick spin.

IMG_9209.jpg

IMG_9198.jpg

IMG_9199.jpg

Took this one through the front window before to show the nice beading effect given by four layers of Werkstat Jett

IMG_9214.jpg
    Interesting to see, I came so close to buying that spec of car (different engine), it's nice to see what I would've had. Instead I went for Red with different alloys. Neither I would/have regretted. Looks good
    2014 Audi A3 8v 1.4 COD Sport, 3 door hatchback in Brilliant Red, with Privacy Glass, Comfort Pack, Hold Assist, 17” x 7.5J ‘10-spoke Dynamic’ design alloy wheels.

1st Gear

Status
    To be honest mate I'm not struck on the wheels I've got. Tried to change them to the CJ1 option but it was too late and the dealer said it wasn't possible to change the wheels on delivery due to the warranty (talking crap).
    2014 A3 Sport 2.0TDI 184PS, Monsoon Grey with privacy glass

1st Gear

Status
    The wheels I went for I'm pleased with them, they made the difference for me:

image.jpg

Deep down I wanted the xenon lights but they were out of budget, so I've swapped all the exterior lights for upgraded whiter bulbs. so there's none of the standard yellow tinge. Makes such a difference
    2014 Audi A3 8v 1.4 COD Sport, 3 door hatchback in Brilliant Red, with Privacy Glass, Comfort Pack, Hold Assist, 17” x 7.5J ‘10-spoke Dynamic’ design alloy wheels.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MA3RC View Post
    The wheels I went for I'm pleased with them, they made the difference for me:

image.jpg

Deep down I wanted the xenon lights but they were out of budget, so I've swapped all the exterior lights for upgraded whiter bulbs. so there's none of the standard yellow tinge. Makes such a difference
    Could you tell me where you got the whiter bulbs from and part number? Thanks

1st Gear

Status
    I would recommend these:

The dipped headlights are these H7 (Philips X Treme Vision) They give out much more light than the standard bulbs and light up the whole road:

Philips 12972-XVS2 H7 X-Treme Vision 100% Kit (2 Bulbs): Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Sidelights W5W:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OSRAM-4000k-...ords=osram+w5w

The daytime running lights are H15, there aren't many bulbs currently out offering the "Xenon" look. They do however have these caps, which give off a white / blue light, I haven't tried them yet though:

H15 Upgrade Headlight Bulb Kit
    bobinder and ConnorLee like this.

1st Gear

Status
    I would recommend these:

The dipped headlights are these H7 (Philips X Treme Vision) They give out much more light than the standard bulbs and light up the whole road:

Philips 12972-XVS2 H7 X-Treme Vision 100% Kit (2 Bulbs): Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Sidelights W5W:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OSRAM-4000k-...ords=osram+w5w

The daytime running lights are H15, there aren't many bulbs currently out offering the "Xenon" look. They do however have these caps, which give off a white / blue light, I haven't tried them yet though:

H15 Upgrade Headlight Bulb Kit
    Great, thanks for that. I haven't received my car yet but how many lights are there in total in the front? Main beam, dipped beam and DRL? Is the DRL the light in the most to the grill?

1st Gear

Status
    Main beam and DRL's are the same bulb if I'm right in thinking, then you also have dipped beam, indicators and sidelights.

The dipped beams are an absolute @~#$ to put back in, they have to sit perfectly in between two holders. Sidelights literally just pull out.

The bulbs from the outside of the car in are Dipped, DRL, side, Indicator I think
    bobinder likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Main beam and DRL's are the same bulb if I'm right in thinking, then you also have dipped beam, indicators and sidelights.

The dipped beams are an absolute @~#$ to put back in, they have to sit perfectly in between two holders. Sidelights literally just pull out.

The bulbs from the outside of the car in are Dipped, DRL, side, Indicator I think
    Is it easy enough to do yourself, does anything else apart the the bulbs need changing for it to work i.e. a convertor?

1st Gear

Status
    Yes very easy, when you open the bonnet there are rubber covers on the back of the headlight unit.

Remove them and stick your hand in. The sidelights pull straight out, the dipped beams are slightly harder to access as they're up against the wings of the car. But never the less still easy to access. The dipped beams need to twist out anti clockwise, then to put back in line them up and twist clockwise. The only trouble is you can't see your hand and how the bulb is lined up.
    bobinder likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Yes very easy, when you open the bonnet there are rubber covers on the back of the headlight unit.

Remove them and stick your hand in. The sidelights pull straight out, the dipped beams are slightly harder to access as they're up against the wings of the car. But never the less still easy to access. The dipped beams need to twist out anti clockwise, then to put back in line them up and twist clockwise. The only trouble is you can't see your hand and how the bulb is lined up.
    Ok thanks mate, sounds good. Once I get the car I'll give it a go!

Reverse Gear

Status

Cool

OK, this picture was taken today with cloudy skies and is straight out of the camera other than resized

Attachment 32372

This version has white balance auto-corrected in Adobe Lightroom

Attachment 32373

And this version is manually corrected to look true to life when viewed on my monitor

Attachment 32374

Tricky,

I have replied in the Amalfi White thread.

Neutral

Status
    Louay, 81llyh, faisal_16 and 6 others like this.

1st Gear

Status
    That looks amazing! Nice to see some more 3 door S3's. Which alloys are they?

4th Gear

Status
    19s? 225/ 35? Looks stealth!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by peters3 View Post
    Tricky,

I have replied in the Amalfi White thread.
    Thanks. Good thread

Delivered 24th April 2014: S3 Sportback S-Tronic, Amalfi White

Neutral

Status
    That looks amazing! Nice to see some more 3 door S3's. Which alloys are they?
    BBS XA's

Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    19s? 225/ 35? Looks stealth!
    Yeah 19s mate but on 235/35

Neutral

Status
    Finally the SB has arrived. 5 months after placing an order. It will almost certainly never looks as good as this again. Had it Opticoated as it lives outside and the sap and birds are pretty severe.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    81llyh, driver_tim, BGS and 5 others like this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by James Chr View Post
    Finally the SB has arrived. 5 months after placing an order. It will almost certainly never looks as good as this again. Had it Opticoated as it lives outside and the sap and birds are pretty severe.
    Looks sweet, colour really pops in those shots

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by James Chr View Post
    Who needs sepang when you have crystal estoril like this!
    J6YAK likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Who needs sepang when you have crystal estoril like this!
    Is it normal Estoril or a variant?

5th Gear

Status
    Estoril is a very classy colour when clean on a dull day (lovely deep purple tinge to it), and pops in the sunlight.

Two colours really!
    Louay likes this.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

1st Gear

Status
    Picked her up yesterday evening

Had the full gtechniq detail (will be featured on detailers website soon)

Sorry for lack of pictures, was too excited to drive it

will post more this weekend!

(excuse the instagram crop)
    PhilA4 and Fiddie like this.

Neutral

Status
    Very nice! Hope you enjoy it!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ivicyrusivi View Post
    Picked her up yesterday evening

Had the full gtechniq detail (will be featured on detailers website soon)

Sorry for lack of pictures, was too excited to drive it

will post more this weekend!

(excuse the instagram crop)
    Very nice. Mines going in next Monday for the exterior gtechniq crystal serum treatment at total detail international

What did you have done?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by darkcooleo View Post
    Is it normal Estoril or a variant?
    Sorry didn't mean to confuse. There is only one audi estoril blue CRYSTAL effect colour.

5th Gear

Status
    Sorry didn't mean to confuse. There is only one audi estoril blue CRYSTAL effect colour.
    Looks totally different there, my mate has a S3 is Estoril and never seen it looking like this - must be the lighting.

4th Gear

Status
    Looks totally different there, my mate has a S3 is Estoril and never seen it looking like this - must be the lighting.
    Precisely the reason I chose the now exclusive colour. ;-)
    The Challinor and veeeight like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by trs888 View Post
    Very nice. Mines going in next Monday for the exterior gtechniq crystal serum treatment at total detail international

What did you have done?
    Basically had the "new car detail" with C1&EXOv2, L1(leather), C5 (alloys), G1 (glass)!

Got Lee from Dream Detail to do it at the dealership before my collection day. He stole the dealers hand over bay for 2 days as it needed 12 hrs between coats for the C1/EXO. He did a brilliant job! Highly recommended

Neutral

Status
    yes bog standard Estoril. I agree the lighting is different, and it is always hard to get your white balance correct with this, however in bright Australian sunshine it is a sensational colour. Looks like deep navy in overcast conditions and then just glows with a bit of direct lighting. I am personally very happy with this choice, but can see the benefits and attractions of almost every other colour available. That is one reason to turn your cars over, so you can try different colours

1st Gear

Status
    Man I just trolled through this post and found this. That is hot as balls! My guess is those are the LD Prestige wheels in 19"? Dropped for sure as well? Misano red?

Looks hawt. Probably the best looking S3 I've seen so far.