Comfort Key (keyless enrty)

I zoomed in on the image, and the bottom left button appears to be some sort of timer symbol. I wonder whether the display is a countdown clock, and this is to do with some markets having remote controlled pre-heaters for the engine / cabin in some of the more colder countries? Just a guess!

I believe that key is indeed for pre-heaters. The picture is the same one in the German A3 pdf posted on the other thread, with the following text (google translated) below it: "The heater warms up the interior and clears the windows of ice, the auxiliary ventilation system supplies fresh air and reduces the interior temperature, with timer and Abfahrzeitprogrammierung (an intelligent control system calculates time-and energy-efficient is the heating time), separate wireless remote control with illuminated display"

I believe that key is indeed for pre-heaters. The picture is the same one in the German A3 pdf posted on the other thread, with the following text (google translated) below it: "The heater warms up the interior and clears the windows of ice, the auxiliary ventilation system supplies fresh air and reduces the interior temperature, with timer and Abfahrzeitprogrammierung (an intelligent control system calculates time-and energy-efficient is the heating time), separate wireless remote control with illuminated display"

Does anyone know if it'd be possible to retro fit this? I can't understand them offering this in Germany but not in the UK.

More than likely it could be retrofitted, its a task & would require a fair bit of research, we maybe able to do it, but it wouldn't be cheap tbh.

Just a note though - that fob isn't anything to do with the key, it's a separate remote for the pre-heaters, you can set up timers and all sorts though IIRC from the manual.

List price for the option appears to be €1300. I suspect a high margin on that but doubt it could be retro fitted cheaply. I'll look into an aftermarket system from the likes of Clifford.

The display on the key in the picture is not the standard or comfort key but rather an optional heating/ventilation system that can be fitted to the car. It is a completely separate key to the normal key fob.

The display on the key in the picture is not the standard or comfort key but rather an optional heating/ventilation system that can be fitted to the car. It is a completely separate key to the normal key fob.

Yes, I know it's a separate fob. I just thought this was the most appropriate thread for my question, as the aux heating/ventialation system had already been mentioned here.

Reactions: selar