NEW A3! Preproduction preview!! PICS!!

a6_chris

Reaction score

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul76R
Those wheels are ugly. Rest of the car seems ok, I hope the sportback has a better looking rear end.

I agree on the wheels, don't like them at all.

Rear end isn't too bad really, as I said in my op, very A1-esque.

That is stunning! Daytona? Going to place my order beginning of June for this, like it a lot!

Yep it's Daytona, forgot to say that, sorry!

Belfast have orders placed already I was told today ;)

Not loving the knurled look on knobs and the air vents look liks fans,the angles also don't grab me,jeez the 8p wasn't brilliant but this looks even worse,I like the wheels though.
Thanks for sharing

Yep it's Daytona, forgot to say that, sorry!

Belfast have orders placed already I was told today ;)
No problem! And Sport trim (sorry)? Wonder if they'll get any pre-productions over here?

Not loving the knurled look on knobs and the air vents look liks fans,the angles also don't grab me,jeez the 8p wasn't brilliant but this looks even worse,I like the wheels though.
Thanks for sharing

No problem, I had originally said to Sandra if the section could be created for this ;) Not a fan on the airvents either, but I like the car overall and dislike those wheels.

No problem! And Sport trim (sorry)? Wonder if they'll get any pre-productions over here?

What you mean by Sport trim? Dunno, I think the car was sent over by Audi UK so not sure where it will go next.

I did feel the interior quality somewhat better than my current A6, maybe because technology and materials have moved on but it did feel better quality throughout

That's really nice, could go for one myself when the S3's available

I like it.

And at a glance the wheels are Golf GTI'ish...

VW-golf-GTI_1002847i.jpg

Yep, even a sales guy yesterday said that too and so did I ;)

Not liking the interior I must say. Alloys are a no. Rest is ok suppose!

I like and will more than likely ordering once I see the first ones about hopefully this autumn!!!

im sorry but the inside looks plastic fantastic and the out side is boring . It looks like every rep car vauxhall astra,renault megan to name a few:wtf:

im sorry but the inside looks plastic fantastic and the out side is boring . It looks like every rep car vauxhall astra,renault megan to name a few:wtf:

not at all, my pictures dont do the interior justice .. good quality throughout, nice feeling to them .. better quality than my a6 imo

Have you ever been in an Audi? They don't do cheap!

Thanks for the pics - nice to see some of the details that the car websites don't show.

If I do end of getting an 8V i'll defo get an S-Line as it looks that much smarter.

Not a fan of the wheels either, but I am liking the interior LED's and the smart looking screen.

No problemo :)

I don't know what trim level that is, but I like it .. Tempted to get one but persuading the OH is the biggest task :(

Dont like that at all. Good spec list but hate the interior especially the dash and the sliding sat nav screen. Looks like an extended A1 from the back. Hopefully the S3 will be nicer looking.

I am tempted by this, I think it looks great.

Some of the other wheel designs I've seen in promo pics will look better as 18's than the ones above.

Think it will work out circa £25k for an S-line TDI though....

Audi have took the recent A3 3 Door Black Edition off the market. I wonder if they are going to release the Black Edition in this model. A bit dissapoinint that the 2.0TDI is only 150ps. Lets hope they release a suped up one!

Will have to wait for the English one to come out.

Stunning car this, I've been dreaming of owning it since seeing the leaked Geneva pictures. If I can afford it then I'll most definitely be getting it, most likely the 1.4TFSI, a friend of mine that reviewed it said it's the most true to the new A3. Average of over 60mpg. 138bhp and £20 a year tax... yes please.

I see a lot of people complaining around reviews that it doesn't have 6 exhausts, wings and a ****ing machine gun, but they clearly don't understand the history behind the A3. They sold 2.7million since launch I believe, obviously doing something right, unless those 2.7million people are all brain dead of course. Ah well, let them stick to their Ford and Poogeot meet ups at McDonalds and we'll take the good cars.

I'm counting down the days, I'm having one without doubt! N8's opinion is good enough for me

Very nice colour .. Sepang?

Edit - Sepang is lighter aint it?

Edit #2 - its Scuba Blue according to the German brouchure ;)

Last edited:
dont like the chrome trim around the window nor the lights in the tailgate if id wanted a sportback id buy one! i can see those vents possibly fitting 8p's :)