Hip-Hop

Shy19s

Oil running through my veins.
Reaction score
Recently Died out with all the RnB taking over.. Any Hip Hop Heads on ASN?

yup... love it.

Entire back catalogue owner of Beasties, plus now focussing on UK hip-hop. Love Sway, like Kano, Klash, Wileys great (fine line on hip hop tho), BrainTax, Skinneyman, and the most excellent Example.

Kontraband you've got a very good taste in uk hiphop.. i love klashnekoff.. the mixtape, listen to it for hours, his lyrics are dangerous... kinda been off the hip hop seen recently tho, need to go back to the underground of bristol and check it out!

Wiley was amazing back in the day when he was with pay as you go and roll deep.. when i was younger did alot of break dancing at the shows and raves, a friend went to school with scratchy so we performed with roll deep once, chilled out with wiley, but now hes gone commercial, i think his music has been pants.. treading on thin ice was an aweful album... its only recently the rolex tune has hit it big, and only because he or his mans didnt produce the beat.

Kano was always going to be huge, i remember when he was underground and every1 in roll deep knew kano would make it big, was only a matter of time.
But they are both garage as far as i am concerned.. too grimey to be hip hop.. who remembers the lethal B and wiley battles on underground radio, ice rink, eskimo.. how about that sick come back with lethal B on kylies "la la la"!? those where the days!!

hhahaha yeah, I hear that... some good memories...

Wiley has dumped some **** lately, but the rolex tune got me back into it. Klash is awesome, love it. I dont think I'd call Wiley hip hop... in fact I know I wouldn't cause he's down as eski in my iTunes. ;)

I kinda miss roll deep.. went a bit of the track.

Lethal B... crackin!

yeah roll deep werr the shizzle.. do you remember the old school ice rink 'chats' if not check out scratchy, kano and wileys ice rink... other members that wernt really known like snipes but dont really rate him that much..

What else is new on the UK hiphop seen??

Theres a pretty tight set coming outta my hometown area (Sheff) look after by JC whos had some praise from HHC yadda yadda. He's hooked up/producing with Hoodz Underground who had a 12" with Klash and 'SY' collaborative. Check out his myspace (http://www.myspace.com/jctrackshicker)

Im into the old skool, hip hop, 80's and 90's stuff!!!

Beatbullyz, im sure they were on Hollyoaks yesterday, did anyone else see thm, they were pretty cool :)

Hollyoaks is the ONE!!!

Me and the wifey are hooked on this more than Fletch and Sasha are hooked on Crack!!!!

Another Hip Hopper here. Just got the Lil Wayne album, 'The Carter III' - well worth buying. Producers on the tracks include Swizz Beats, Dre, T-Pain, Kanye, Bangladesh and a lot more - very good album.

I see Kalashnekoff mentioned - what about Murkston? or Sway anyone?

I thought I was in a much smaller minority!

yeah, got the Carter III... mentioned Sway earlier BTW...

Not listened to the carter 3 enough yet... still favouring TC1

Derek safoe.. aka sway.. havnt really heard anything new from him... he's clever tho.

'Little Derek's' last set was the 'One for the Journey' EP. I understood that was a gap filler to the next release... but it seems some time in coming.. Having to fill my time with Akala, PLan B and the Adulthood OST

Kontra akala is sick... lupe is clever but not really a fan, not sure why.

have you heard that charmaine song from plan B.. lol jokes.

HAHAHA Charmaine De La Rosa!! Cracking lyrics.

Im not a Lupe fan either...

Not a fan of Lupe????? He's the man! His first album was the ******..kick push is one of my fave tunes, remember hearing it on Zane Lowes show before he was even heard of...love it!
An album i bought last week that i highly recommend is public enemy.. it takes a nation of millions to hold us back.
Dont believe the hype!

Just looking on the RnB threads as some of you are going through a 90's revival. I totally recommend the good ol soundtracks that came out then, not only were the films good but the tracks were a mix a fantastic artists!! To name a few: Juice - brill tunes, Boyz In The Hood, and one of my faves - Above the Rim. Even more so for the latter when I went to the fantasy bar in Edinburgh (1994ish) and the DJ played the whole album. I think it was only us two who new the tunes and with the splendid girlies around......BLISS!!!!!!

Oh and lets not forget the kid n Play house parties!!!!..."I dont know what you gonna do".....

Gotta be all about the 80's and 90's for me!!
Grew up listening to Public Enemy, Beastie Boys, NWA, then Eazy E, Snoop, DRE, DJ Quik, 2Pac, BIG, and the mighty WuTang!

ahahaha **** yeah!! I think there was me and 1 other kid that listened to the same in our school... people had a lot to learn! ;)

and audipardner,agree on the soundtracks... and the movies... Juice is an awesome set... used to copy that wake up track style back in the day!

I was listening to this kinda stuff when my mates were into Kylie and Jason! The stick I used to get for being different.
Also watched the growth of House around this time, safe to say the music changed and shaped my life from there on!
I was once asked by a so-called hiphop fan a few years bac...what the f**k was I listening to, when I had some PE on!! I wanted to stove his head in at that very moment.

ahahaha **** yeah!! I think there was me and 1 other kid that listened to the same in our school... people had a lot to learn! ;)

audipardner!!!

What more can i say, i am going through the house partys dvd's at the mo, but am having some serious trouble trying to find class act!! Now that was a wicked film ;-)

I was once asked by a so-called hiphop fan a few years bac...what the f**k was I listening to, when I had some PE on!! I wanted to stove his head in at that very moment.

:wtf:...... :keule:

Handsome Boy Modelling School just popped up on shuffle... nice. :music:

I love R&B hiphop. I went to hip hop dance course for learn it. My favorite hiphop teacher is Luam. Do you know? She very very perfect dancer. You should be watch. you can watch on youtube.

Nas latest album is good,i liked lupe fiascos first album but his second was ****.For old skool hip-hop cant beat Outkast theyre older stuff get their greatest hits its quality,it has an early 90's feel to it plus some of their later stuff.

On the Uk front its all gone a bit downhill i reckon i remember when dizzee rascal was in roll deep that was when he was good.

Still like some of the wiley tunes and often buy a club sidewinder mixtape every now and then..

Oh and that IRONIK geeza is possiblt the worst mc to habve ever made a record cant stand the knob..

yeah, shame... and we did go back that far too... ;)

Can I kick it??

yeah, shame... and we did go back that far too... ;)

Can I kick it??

Well i suppose you can kick what you like, but if you kick my car, im comin all guns blazin' - Gangtsa Rap styleee!!!! :gun2:

Oh and you cant be forgetting that 3.......its the magic number!!!

(As we are on that era)