Drum n Bass

me, totally ! listening to some old school jungle from 1992 as we speak. its Nicky Blackmarket.

But, to me DJ Hype will always be the best.

My favorite tune of all time is LTJ Bukem - Horizons

Yes!!!

Im listening to all the old skool jungle from the 90's too for some reason over the past few weeks!!

Still dropping Original Nuttah on a daily basis!!!!

Also been listening to loads of ragga from the 90's too, as they were very closely linked back then....

Had loads of Mickey Finn stuff back then, but alot of it was on cassette, so having trouble getting some decent cds of them!!!

i used to have most of the helter skelter / dreamscape stuff on tape, but i stupidly threw them away as i didn't really listen to them any more.

got a few cds, but its mostly mp3's now. I usually listen to drum and bass streaming websites at work throughout the day, check these 2 out : (modern stuff, UK Bass Radio sometimes to a back to the old school mix !) :

http://www.di.fm/wma/drumandbass.asx

http://www.ukbassradio.co.uk/live/128k/listen.m3u

Dj Hype and the ganja kru is one of my all time fav ep's, Adam F circles and Roni Size also high up there.

Was talking about this to someone the other day...is it me or is all music, regardless of genre better when it's aged a few years.

80-90's hip hop, late 90's speed garage, early 00's hard house and early d'n'b is what's in my RNS-E - I don't really listen to newer music these days.

I've been a DNB DJ for years! Never done anything that big but I've always enjoyed it.
I went out the other weekend and ended up in the End, my god, what a night! It was the Babylon LP release night. Things have got dark and heavy, but still some cracking tunes played!

Cheers Olly, will check them out at home, as work are on major Lockdown!!!

S3Izzo, have to agree, am really loving the old skool tunes currently, from d&b, hip hop, ragga and even some old new jack swing, cant get enough of it at the mo!!!

DJ Hype was a DON in the day, and the Ganja Kru well what more needs to be said??

As Olly said, i threw half of my tapes away, or lost them, but some of them have just snapped due to over usage...lol!!!

Even if i look for d&b or jungle mp3's I just cant find them!!!

Two of my all time favourite Jungle albums was Ragga in the Jungle and Rumble in the Jungle!!!

Also as Decked mentioned, some of the stuff now has seriously gone dark and heavy, now i dont know if its my age, but some of it I cant even listen to as there is just too much going on....lol

Drum and bass is awesome... proper driving music. Old skool jungle is good too, one of my faves is champion sound. Badass bassline. Gotta feeling i'm gonna like this thread:yes:

Oh yea, some of the BEE lines out of the old skool tunes....good and bad memories ahoy!!!

Champion sound....man this really is taking me back.....

For a bad B line check out 'truely one', think its dj hype????? wicked tune. And m-beat's sweet love. I'm gonna dig out my old dreamscape and helterskelter cassette's, remember one of them with Stevie hyper d mc'ing on..best mc ever in my opinion. Used to blast around in my nova gte to these tapes!!

sweet Love what a choooon!!!

Got about 10 different mixes of that tune!!!

Just been listening to the burial - Leviticus.....wicked tune

Jeez, never thought I'd see this particular topic brought up and continued with such enthusiasm on here!!

i used to have most of the helter skelter / dreamscape stuff on tape, but i stupidly threw them away as i didn't really listen to them any more.

:keule: :banghead: :keule: :banghead:

Strange how this topic has been brought up now... I too have been recently listening to old '92 Hardcore (which at the time was very intertwined with Jungle/DnB before they went their seperate ways)... must be something to do with having just hit 30!!

Haha, i just turned 30 last month as well, very strange!!!

We going back to school days here now, could you remember the anticipation of getting a new tape pack!!!

I was running really late for work this morning but luckily i had original nuttah in my cd player. So that gave me the boost i needed and i arrived on time :w00t:

Favourite chooons at the moment.... Chase and Status - Hurt you, Lickrish music - Over with you and Jenna G ft Chase and Status - In Love. But i'm mainly into hip hop and rnb.

check out "London Electricity - Hanging Rock" for a cool tune too :)

In fact I might upload my 24gb worth of mp3's so you can all have a looky :)

I was running really late for work this morning but luckily i had original nuttah in my cd player. So that gave me the boost i needed and i arrived on time :w00t:

Favourite chooons at the moment.... Chase and Status - Hurt you, Lickrish music - Over with you and Jenna G ft Chase and Status - In Love. But i'm mainly into hip hop and rnb.

Haha, i was going to post that whenever the sun is out or i need to get somewhere quick the DnB CD's are guaranteed to make an appearance, whereas when im chilling and not in a rush....anything goes

check out "London Electricity - Hanging Rock" for a cool tune too :)

In fact I might upload my 24gb worth of mp3's so you can all have a looky :)

Olly...bring it on!!! :)

Floyd, you are ageing prematurely, dnt worry all is not lost as you still have good taste in music ;-)

Any ideas of where i could get some old skool jungle on cd..around about '94 would be cool. Bought a pack off ebay not so long ago but it was real bad quality that had just been put on cd from an old cassette

Decided to put some new music in the car because of this thread, i'd like to add Shy FX, Origin unknown, Ray Keith and Dillnija to the list......ooooh i've found some classics!

If you haven't done so already download the DigitalSoundboy Podcasts off the itunes website for nowt, No2 and No4 are superb !!!

Also been on jungle-ragga.com

Theres literally hundreds of free mixes on there!!!

Having read this thread quickly I've gotta say I'm proud chaps, really proud! I'm into all manner of dance stuff, some dark, some cheesey; just anything that gets my foot tapping really...

I've got to say though it very nearly brought a tear to my eye reading the names Skelter and Dreamscape on here... You dark horse Olly!

I do have a couple of DVDs somewhere with an absolute pile of MP3'd tape-packs from both kicking about somewhere. If I can dig them out (might be back up north, if they're not in the boot of the A4 I'll dig them out next trip up there) and we'll see what we can do. I guess a couple of copies for selected mates wouldn't be a problem, especially as Dave Pratley and the rest have never paid a brass bean to the MCPS/PRS for the tape packs anyway...

I used to be at Skelter, Slammin', Dreamscape and all those for each and every one. I used to spend a lot of time in Bagleys, the Sanctuary/Rollers, Bowlers and places like that 'back in the day' - I was there with one hardcore jock or the other (still keep in touch with a few of them now!), but loving my DnB too I was often found in those rooms. Having said that, the same was true for all the hardcore boys when the needle touched-down on Rap's first tune... I still giggle about the way we all seemed to congregate backstage in time for the 'swing' to start!

Regards,

Rob.

PS> We'll have no more mention of Mickey Finn and his Dm-Psh jump-up nonsense ;) Only kidding, but it was always the darker the better for me! :) I've got a reasonable pile of RAM and Renegade wax in my stacks of rekkids :)

Speaking of jump-up type stuff though... I suppose one of my favourite DnB rave tunes is leaning that way though... DJ Krust - Warhead... Mainly because it seemed to be always on whenever I stumbled into the Rollers warehouse, and in a big rave it did get everyone brockin! I was partial to the RAM trilogy remix too though...

Regards,

Rob.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2p_CQ5Xaqlw

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MBDA5sQAmkk&feature=related

Possbily my favourite 'rough' track of that era though...

RAM Triology - No Reality (RAM022 IIRC?)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SJpF1qHHaaU&feature=related

Into my d'n'b a fair bit too, LTJ's Horizon as mentioned is a pure tune, as is Champion Sound, just calls for rewind after rewind!
I missed out on d'n'b until late 90's, as I was a Gabba freak, and would not listen to anything else, ridding all my early Grooverider, Easygroove tapes, which i dearly treasured!
LTJ and Conrad's Progression Sessions mix cd's are a must for any collection, 2 xcds, 1 with and 1 without Conrad mc'ing, as he is the only mc that should be allowed to record on mixes imho!

I'm a massive DnB fan, all time fav is DJ Hype but right now it's got to be DJ Hazzard as he is droping some really jump up tracks but if you want something chilled then I dont think you can beat High Contrast (man of the moment on remixes). Bit different from the helterskelta/dreamscape tunes tho!:)

me, totally ! listening to some old school jungle from 1992 as we speak. its Nicky Blackmarket.

Saw him two weeks ago performing at some German techno festival, he hasnt changed a bit!