District 9

axelfols

Reaction score
Please go see this if you like sci-fi. The best film since Alien. Excellent story and amazing effects.

Was meaning too but wasnt sure, good then mate? It did look quite good.

Watched it last night, I thought it was brilliant apart from the shaky camera work in the first half. It's pretty cool how they did it like a mockumentary but shaky camera work makes me ill.

Haven't seen a proper decent alien movie in a while and this was gooooood!

I hope they make a sequel, I wanna know what happens!

Its the biggest load of poo ive seen in a long time and i own over 500 films to compaire it to. im just glad i didnt pay to see it as i would have felt mugged.

I really enjoyed it. Not sure if meant to be funny but it was :)

I loved it. Great effects and some great humour.

In fact, I'm really beginning to like these films that aren't full of hollywood actors.
Two I would say to watch are:
The Magician - Scott Ryan. Aussie Hitman. Absolutely brilliant
You Move You Die. Day on the life of a couple of small time Aussie gangster. Starts cheesy, but give it a little time. Proper funny.

I also watched this last night, must say I agree with the comments about the shoddy camera-work. But overall it was a good film I thought. (although that south african guy did say 'Man' a bit too much....lol)

watched 15 mins and switched it off

Didn't know there was an off switch at the cinema? ;)

This is the first film I have ever walked out on, although this was towards the end when he got into that robot machine left over from the Robocop set.

Guff.

Just watched it, pretty awesome film, didnt cost much to make and I agree with the poster who mentioned there arent any big movie stars in it. This film didnt need a big name to make it work, it has lots of CGI but they dont take anything away from the story classic Peter Jackson.

Some people get it, some people dont, still highly recommend it though.

Some people get it, some people dont, still highly recommend it though.

Yep, it's one of those films.

As was The Blair Witch Project. Those who got it loved it, those who didn't... didn't!
Me, for weeks I couldn't walk past a pile of stones or twigs without freaking out! :blush:

I loved this film, thought it was very well done (appart from some slightly shakey camera work thats been mentioned already). I really liked the angle of the movie, by which i mean the way aliens did not have the upper hand, like they do in almost every other movie! By the end all i wanted was for the "prawns" to be safe, LOL...:blownose:

P.S. and how cool was that armoured suit that he was using near the end!?:gun2:

Omg cant believe what some of you are saying!!!!!!!! District 9 was quality, good cgi, good action and some funny bits too, excellent film. Christopher Robertson is the alien!

It was not as good to me as I thought it would be but I did not pay for it!