Volks AutosAH Fabrications
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 16Klappe

Thread: Autism friendly film screenings

Boo!

Status

Autism friendly film screenings

I will start by saying I don’t know much about this, but when a friend was talking about this the other day, I thought id post it in here and it may help if you know someone with Autism.

The little I know is the big named cinemas Vue Odeon etc, show a Autism friendly film once a mouth about 10am (last weekend in the mouth) where the sound is lowered and the lights are turned down but not off.

If this may help you or someone you know, please google for more info and screening times and find your nearest autism friendly cinema.

FAQs…

http://www.dimensions-uk.org/what-we-do/autism-care/autism-friendly-screenings/autism-friendly-films-faqs/#howoften

2. # ADS
    ADS

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Wow.

As a statemented autistic individual (Aspergus) I find the entire concept of an "autism friendly" movie showing frankly disgusting.

When will these nut jobs realise that autistic kids don't want to be treated any differently to everybody else and just want to be a normal kid

Going to a movie screening full of other autistic kids (which I as an autistic person myself looked down on and throught were idiots) would have been my idea of hell as a child. And still is now to be honest.
    Ghost likes this.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Boo!

Status
    16Klappe, I understand your point of view, that children or adults don’t want to be labelled, but that’s not what this is about.

Someone with autism may not understand the world around them, and may not understand the etiquette of going to the cinema.

The idea of an autism friendly screening will not only be that a person with autism can enjoy the cinema, but the Parent / Guardian can relax too knowing that they are not disturbing others.

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by spooky View Post
    16Klappe, I understand your point of view, that children or adults don’t want to be labelled, but that’s not what this is about.

Someone with autism may not understand the world around them, and may not understand the etiquette of going to the cinema.

The idea of an autism friendly screening will not only be that a person with autism can enjoy the cinema, but the Parent / Guardian can relax too knowing that they are not disturbing others.

And this amazing lack of empathy is why I never thought about the parents.

Haha!
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.