Chronicle

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
I'm surprised no one has posted a thread about this film, unless I've missed it.

Anyway, I watched Chronicle at the weekend and really enjoyed it. It's about a bunch a guys who end up with "special powers".
The film is shot from the perspective of a camcorder (like Blair Witch, etc).

What I liked about this film was that it didn't descend into a typical superhero film. The film follows the guys as they bond with their new powers and they do pretty much what a lot of us would do if we ended up with super powers and mucked about with them! Although there's a lot more to it than that.

For me, its the best or most enjoyable film I've watch this year.

agreed, great film.
well filmed, produced etc.
and its easy to relate to it in the sense you'd probably do the same as them.
although, what does annoy me is the source of it all, but then i guess that would take the film a little too far.

although, what does annoy me is the source of it all, but then i guess that would take the film a little too far.

I know what you mean. The lack of explanation about the source irritated me too first of all, but then I thought it could be set up like that so they can make a sequel which goes on to explain all.

I agree good film but the lack of explanation about the source of the powers was well annoying for me! lol

just watched it and the same as above really.

really enjoyed the film and the way they showed you what was happening, through the eye of cameras.

Great film, might watch it agian. 10/10
:thumbsup:

Saw this with my best mate, Andrew. Apparently the last 20mins or so were quite annoying for him when the only dialogue was the other guy shouting "Andrew!" over and over. It was well made though, not sure it got the coverage it deserved in the media, only saw it because someone else I know had seen it and there wasn't much else on when we went. Glad we did though.