Le Mans 24hr Qualifying

wibble111

needs to scratch the itch
Reaction score
Well just been watching the quali for Saturdays race, Audi in 5th 6th & 7th and a good second off the pace of the Peugeot's, does anyone here think Audi can win again??

I think Audi are playing games a little, I really don't think there that far behind Peugeot but Bourdais looks like he's on a mission, he looks mega quick around the Porsche curves.

I really hope Audi can win but I think they have underestimated Peugeot again this year but anything can happen over that 24hr period so roll of Saturday :icon_thumright:

I for one hope they can do it and stick it to the Peugeots, but your right Bourdais was mega quick last off in the quali. And just to spice things up a bit there's a Corvette between them lol.
Bring on the race, should be epic.

It still amazes me when you see the in car camera view and when there tanking down the mulsane straight at 230+mph, hit the brakes and turn into the corner. How the hell do they see the apex of the corner ?????

I was last there in 2003 when the Bentley's won 1,2. Those things were amazing and they were really very quite and most of time you didn't hear them coming, a Corvette on the otherhand was defning!

This was also the year when one of the Audi's ran out of fuel with Frank Biela at the wheel and because that was out of the race Perry McCarthy (who was "The Stig" at the time) came and did a talk in our hospitally tent. Someone asked him about braking at the end of the Mulsane straight and he said "there's 3 bumps right near the end and once you feel the third, you hit the brakes and turn in" :ohmy:

Just under 30 minutes to go, no more Poopgeots left in it now, looking really good for an Audi 1st 2nd & 3rd, lets have it.

Haha did you see the last one let go, it brought a smirk to my face.

Well done Audi, 1st 2nd &3rd. What a great race, deffo on my list of things to do before i die :thumbsup:

Good performance from Audi, shame about the peugeot of Davidson's though. He was flying round and drove really well, he and the team deserved a result.
I managed to watch it on tv for about 7 hours in total, 4 of them this morning from 6am thanks to my 2 year old wanting to get up! I watched it from half 11 till about 1 this morning. Watching it at night is so good. The 2 times i've been we've watched it from arnage at 3 in the morning and its something else, nothing else like it. Gives me goose bumps constantly.

Did anyone watch it at night and see the on board from the Audi? Was immense

Good performance from Audi, shame about the peugeot of Davidson's though. He was flying round and drove really well, he and the team deserved a result.
I managed to watch it on tv for about 7 hours in total, 4 of them this morning from 6am thanks to my 2 year old wanting to get up! I watched it from half 11 till about 1 this morning. Watching it at night is so good. The 2 times i've been we've watched it from arnage at 3 in the morning and its something else, nothing else like it. Gives me goose bumps constantly.

Did anyone watch it at night and see the on board from the Audi? Was immense

I saw it till about half 2 then got up at 8 and watched the rest of it. Also feel a bit sorry for Bourdais, immense qualifying then doesnt even manage to turn a wheel in the race.
Night time on board shots was awesome on all the LMP1 cars, the speed they catch the GT classes then pass them in the dark at those speeds, nads of steel.

Cracking race, tear in my eye as i watched the 3 audis roll over the finish line!