Daytona 500

lil_coz

Reaction score
Did anyone watch this last night?! Was a great race! Red flagged a couple of times because the track started falling apart and they had to repair it but other than that, it was edge of seat stuff! I was desparate for the toilet in the end but didn't wanna leave.

The guy that won in the end was 10th 2 laps from the end. There were about 3 re-starts too for the final 2 laps. They've got this new rule where if there is a caution with 2 laps to go, the laps under the safety car don't count. Of course as soon as the safety car came in, half a lap later there was another accident and they were back to 2 laps again! Was great to watch!

Yes all they do is go round in circles but you know what, the racing is epic! There was a race a couple of years back where one guy finished the race up side down and on fire! You just don't get that in F1 lol. The other thing I like about American racing is that a winner can celabrate by doing burnouts and doughnuts and going mental in front of the crowds. An F1 driver does that and he gets a fine.

I watched it but i thought it kept dragging... but then it was nearly 1am by the time it finished ! not bad racing though

Yea the red flags made it drag on a bit. When the second come out I was screaming at the TV telling them not to call the race! They made the right choice!