Dunlop Time Attack 2009

Reaction score
Website
www.amdessex.com
Hi

As one of the leading performance car websites I would like to gather opinion/ ideas on a new series of events starting in 2009. This will be called Dunlop Time Attack.

Dunlop Time Attack is seen as a step up to competitive, high profile motorsport without the associated running costs of running a high performance car in a "normal" race series.

The Dunlop Time Attack would have the following benefits.

6 events supporting the Dunlop Best of British motorsport events
TV coverage as part of the Dunlop Best of Britsh
Cars entered from leading car magazines
Race meeting safety procedures
GT/ High performance type cars but road registered with only basic safety modifications required, i.e. no roll cage
RAC Sprint licence needed

PROVISIONAL CALENDAR:

APRIL 18/19 ROCKINGHAM
JUNE 6/7 BRANDS HATCH
JULY 4/5 DONINGTON PARK
JULY 18/19 CASTLE COMBE
AUGUST 22/23 CROFT
SEPT 12/13 SNETTERTON

The event is planned to run as follows:

Friday-
Trackday sessions at circuit with other Dunlop championships

Saturday-
1. 20 minute timed Warm-Up (all cars on circuit)
2. Single timed lap Qualification running in Warm-Up Classification (competitors leave pitlane with 15 second gap in groups of 5, one minute gap between each group of 5 for spacing)
3. Single Timed Lap Final running in reverse Qualification Classification with the fastest car at the end being declared the winner (running as above)

Sunday- same as saturday subject to competitor interest

I have personally competed in similiar events in Holland this year with an Audi R8 and there is a real buzz of going for a competitive, single timed lap in a fast performance car. Here is some info from this years Dutch events:
Milltek and AmD's long weekend a great success with Milltek's Audi R8 coming third in Time Attack Assen - http://www.amdessex.com/

If your Dutch is up to scratch you could click here as well:
www.timeattack.nl - Home

Owners that have registered their interest have the following cars:

Audi R8, modified Golf R32, Nissan GTR, Porsche GT3, Carrera GT and GT2, McLaren SLR, Audi RS4, Ferrari F40, BMW M3, modified Audi S3 2.0T, Noble M400, BMW M3 CSL, TVR Cerbera LS3, modifed New Mini,

The entry fee is to be decided but would be similiar to the other events on the programme, £350-£400 plus trackday@£150.

Please email me directly at shaun@amdessex.com to register your initial interest and to receive further updates on 2009 plans.

Look forward to hearing your views.

Regards
Shaun Hollamby
AmD Technik (Essex) Ltd