FactionOne

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
OK Folks,

We're a little over two hours into the race and the battle between Audi and Peugeot is really fierce; one of the Peugeots has crashed out of the race already (around an hour and a quarter in); the safety car was out and a few teams managed to take cars in for driver changes before the pit-lane closed. One of those cars was the Number 1 Audi R10; until that point driven by Allan McNish. After a stop McNish had been gaining pace, and starting to pose a real threat to Peugeot's lead of the series. When the car went in Dindo Capello took the wheel; but shortly after the safety car went back in, was involved in an accident with the remaining Peugeot. The dirty frog (sorry, it's getting emotional here) was able to make it out of the gravel within seconds but Capello wasn't so lucky. However, with a bit of help from a couple of burly chaps in firesuits and a Toyota pick-up he was back on the track not long after.

The number 1 car is now making time up again and re-gaining places... More soon...

-NEWSFLASH- As I write this, the safety car is out again - neither R10 involved this time though :)

lms01.jpg

lms02.jpg

At the moment the R10's are in 1st and 3rd positions, unfortunately not in the order we'd prefer for the benefit of the series standings though...

The number 2 car is currently out in front with the number 1 car still piloted by Capello trying to recover ground - it's looking promising though, as up to only a few minutes ago he was holding 5th position. The R10's quickest laps are around 1:33; current average lap times are about 1:38; however Capello just put in a pretty quick 1:35 to move up from 4th to 3rd.

We're 2 hours 40 minutes into the race...

Regards,

Rob.

NEWSFLASH! Between posting the above and walking back to the monitor Capello had moved up another place to take 2nd... He's flying!

Right, Mr McNish has just returned to the controls of the number 1 car, which now stands in second position, behind the other Audi machine; and promptly put in a 1:33 lap. His last was 1:37; but given the current traffic conditions on the circuit that is still approximately 2 seconds quicker than the rest of the field...

Mr Capello has just come in to explain how he and Mr McNish have been overcoming the challenges out on the circuit, putting in a fantastic performance to bring their car back to 2nd position.

lms05.jpg

Where are you mate, in the audi grandstand?

Well, we've been wandering around the facilities all day; but have spent the most part in the Audi hospitality building and the Audi grandstand... Are you here today mate?

Regards,

Rob.

No mate, unfortunatly i had work this morning.
Went yesterday and had a great time, even without hospitality :p lol,
met Mcnish and Capello and got them to sign one the audi flags from outside the hospitality and pose for a photo with my little lad.

Would have loved to go today though.

Has the race finished now? What are the results?

Cheers Dave

McNISH AND CAPELLO TAKE NUMBER 1 AUDI R10 TDI TO VICTORY!

Well, since I last wrote (had to charge laptop!) - The number 1 car re-gained first position and lead from that point right up to the chequered flag, winning the race around two laps ahead of the next-placed car - subject to confirmation, this means that Audi have snatched back the Series championship from Peugeout!

lms06.jpg

Hehe i knew disturbing mcnish and capello from their cup of tea yesterday, shoving a camera in their faces and a pep talk from me (thanks and good luck for the race-in quite a nervous'ish tone) would help them :ermm: