Le Mans Series at Silverstone - Audi R10 TDI

LOL! I'll put you on the insurance and you can drive us home once I've tried some of that 'beer' stuff I keep hearing about! ;)

jojo - from the press release (the first link I posted :moa:):

FactionOne said:
Timetable:
Friday – 1115-1215 Practice 1, 1545-1645 Practice 2
Saturday – 0900-1000 Practice 3, 1340-1400 Qualifying
Sunday – 1120, Race

...Make sure you drag yourself along jojo - I think it stands to be a good day out!

We're going to stay over in Milton Keynes on Saturday night so we can get there nice and early for the race on Sunday.

malcom1sim : You're in the Audi hospitality facility at Copse Corner then?

We'll be floating around the Audi Team/Media facilities in the main LMS paddock, or cheering them on from the grandstand...

Regards,

Rob.

Weather permitting, I think I will have to decide on the day, did you guys pay extra to get to better seating, or is it a free for all?

I've never actually been to Silverstone before if you hadn't guessed.

I'm not sure it's going to be fantastic weather on Sunday, but if there's a bit of rain that should make for some interesting racing - and if they can race without a roof I'm sure any one of the non-cabriolet cars in your signature will be able to make a cruise down the M6 :p

As regards seating and things on the day, I think entry is a flat £25 and then it's a free-for-all; I don't know whether that includes access to stands or not; but I'm sure there'll be somewhere decent to see the action whether or not that's the case.

Anyway, all that stuff isn't worth worrying about just yet... We need to convince you that you're definitely going first mate! (In my best 'Mrs Doyle' voice - Ahhhhhh gwaan. Gwaan gwaan gwaan gwaan gwaan gwaan gwaan. Ye will, ye will ye will ye will ye will ye will ye will; gwaan...)

Regards,

Rob.

I'll be there saturday, unsure about sunday, got given some free tickets today from someone at work :yahoo:

I'm going to give this a miss, forgot the F1 is on, and I'm feeling rather knackered after a single session of :footy: with my little one... gosh I'm so unfit!

I was there, it was an excellent day, top weather, top racing, great result for Audi and I met Faction One and Ming Blue in the hospitality tent taking loads of photos but not drinking that 'beer stuff'

lol - I had drunk a lot of tea and ate a lot of food. Rob just drank plenty of coffee! Audi put on a really good show and their hospitality was second to none. I can honestly say its been the best event I've ever attended! I thoroughly enjoyed. What a brilliant day and it was good to meet you crazylegscrane!

You missed out on a fantastic day Jo. :nyah:

You missed out on a fantastic day Jo. :nyah:

Tell me about it, plus I missed the opportunity to meet you guys, but sounds like you guys had a great day out... did you take the little one along?
My missus kept on asking me if it was child friendly so we could all go, but in the end, she went back to Stratford and I stayed home to watch the F1 and footy.

It was quite kiddie friendly, but we didn't take little man, the engines were roaring rather loud! lots of kiddies wore massive ear defenders and looked really cute. I think little man would've been bored and most probably moan to go home and play footie instead.

I was there saturday with my little lad and he started to get bored after a while.
I have to ask, how did you guys get the hospitality treatment? Nearest i got was the flag bin outside the little tent! :(

just bought a new S3 and my dealer called me on last monday and asked if I was interested in going as he had some spare tickets... nearly bit his hand off
:yahoo:

it was a great day out I'll put some pics up soon

Well, we were invited to use Audi's facilities by a couple of kind gentlemen I know at Audi HQ. We were of course going to go to Silverstone to support Audi in the final round anyway, but thanks to the kind sirs with whom I'm in touch we were made a little more comfortable and given use of facilities which proved very useful in posting live(ish) updates to the site, and of course for my full write-up/photo-story of the event which will be going live in due course...

Regards,

Rob.

Finally got some pics of the day to put up
IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1536.jpg

Great photos mate! :)

We were still wandering around getting our stuff sorted out when the opportunity arose to have a nose around the cars pre-race.

Would I be right in saying you found it tricky to shoot them when they were going at full tilt around the track during the race? I'd got my camera on 1/1000th of a second initially, and that was fine while they were behind the safety car... Once that went in I found two problems...

1) Releasing the shutter while they were actually in the frame
2) Shutter still not high enough - ended up going to 1/4000th

...They were the things that realy drove home just how fast the P1 cars were accelerating out of Copse!

Regards,

Rob.

Well, we've been having a bit of technical difficulty uploading photos to the news section, but it's resolved now; so I've added a few little snaps I took to the article I wrote HERE.

...I'll post some bigger pics soon...

Regards,

Rob.

That's an absolutely superb write-up Rob, well written. I was there too and I can totally relate to it!