Audi wins Le Mans again

treblesykes

Reaction score
http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_9594255

well done
berlusca.gif
ringelrein.gif

I might be biased but that has got to be the best Le Mans ive seen!!
Well done to the Astons also :arco:

I got up at half 5 this morning and watched about 4 hours of it, was good from what i saw. I think a dry race would have seen a peugeot win though, sorry but they look awesome dont they? My stepdad and brother are there so i'll be getting very annoyed when they come back and tell me about it.....i so wanted to go! Next year i'm going in the audi..cant wait!
Anyone watch it on eurosport? Why some many ad breaks... at one point there was one every 10 minutes. rubbish!

Started watching it last night when the Peugeots seemed to be running away with it the dry, then found it riveting as the no.2 Audi battled back, I had the laptop on at the same time with all the live timing.
I thought it was very interesting for a long drawn out 24hr race!, although Audi now need to up their game if they are to continue their domination

Yeah the number 2 audi was quick but the number 9 peugeot got the fastest lap.. not that it counts for much when they done nearly 400 of them! Still think a dry race would have been a peugeot victory. Be interesting next year.. theres talk of audi going back to petrol engines

I got back from Le Mans at c11pm. First time I've been. Absolutely ****** awesome.

If you like motorsport its great. If you like looking at motoring exotica, its even better.

The race itself - I had a prime spot at Porsche Curves for the start, and I can honestly say I cannot get over how fast, quick and quiet the diesels are. I understand they're actually changing the rules next year because they're so fast!

Moved off after some tea to the main Grandstand Village area, and watched up at the Dunlop Curves, then on a bit further to Tetre Rouge, which is brilliant spot.

Later on, watched from Arnage and the Mulsanne straight. Watching and feeling the cars drive at 200mph, only 8m from where you're standing is an experience and a half.

The Corvette's ? They sound like WWII fighters! Incredible.

After a while I got bored at looking at Astons, Lambos, Fezzas, RS4's, R8's, 911s, etc etc. Best spot was filling up next to a Blue Ford GT40. How big are they? Nice block too, let us have a good look round and in it!

Would thoroughly recommend it...

I understand they're actually changing the rules next year because they're so fast!

I think you're right there. The other petrol teams are all complaining and I think Audi said that they are developing a whole new car for next year (I think they are calling it the R13 or something....) but they say that it'll be back to petrol power.

You can see the new R8 V12 tdi in the the Audi Corporate area, and we know that engine is appearing in a few Audi cars (R8, Q7, RS4? etc), but what about the Peugeot's HDi unit? Not aware of a large/powerful engine appearing in their production cars? Would be a big seller I'm sure. A massive market out there if they did...

;)

Still think a dry race would have been a peugeot victory.

I agree up to a point as the 908s were clearly faster during the first few hours when it was dry, but it's interesting to note that they never really regained that pace later on when it dried out after the rain stopped. I watched the whole race (apart from a few brief periods where I lost out to the sleep monster!) and at various points during the night all three 908s had to come into the garage to have dry ice pumped through them to prevent them from overheating. I wonder if they 'turned the wick down' in the later stages of the race to stop them from blowing up?

In addition the Audi Sport Teams had entered the race with a set-up that was the best compromise for both dry and wet track surfaces. Whilst Peugeot had to change their cars during the race to a rain set-up, Audi only needed to change tyres. The No.2 R10's total time in the pits was 31m56 to complete 32 pitstops, whereas Peugeot's best was 41m40 to complete 36 pit stops. Still a great effort, but the result just goes to prove that Le Mans particularly rewards reliability and efficiency as well as outright pace.