Moto GP

MattjMarsden

Reaction score
Did anybody watch the moto gp last weekend in holland?

Rossi pure CLASS!!

No I didn't watch it in holland I watched on the telly absolutely fantastic,rossi was brilliant to win from 11th on the grid.

As soon as there wasn't a long straight for the Ducati to take advantage of its top end power the doctor showed the boys how to ride. Genius :respekt:

MotoGP desperately needs more new blood,along the lines of Stoner.
The likes of Capirossi,Checa,Barros,Tamada,et al,may be experienced,but the bottom line is they're slow ! (comparitively speaking)
The grid itself is also poor,with less than 20 bikes being fielded.

yeah i agree, stoner is quality now think what he's going to be like in a couple of seasons, the thing is with stoner he's racing one the best riders ever and he will learn a lot from him.
I really don't like dani pedrosa he has no personality, also neil hodgson is coming back to gp to try again so ive been told.

I think Hodgson has signed to ride in AMA for the rest of the season so they said on BSB on sunday

What about new boy antony west on the kawasaki was 2 seconds faster than anybody in practice in the wet and finished 9th not bad for a newbie.

broomes3 said:
I think Hodgson has signed to ride in AMA for the rest of the season so they said on BSB on sunday

He's signed with the Corona Honda squad,I think the same squad as James Ellison.
It may be to replace Gary Mason (ex BSB as well,but pretty **** wherever he goes).

motorbikez said:
What about new boy antony west on the kawasaki was 2 seconds faster than anybody in practice in the wet and finished 9th not bad for a newbie.

Exactly,but I don't think his wet weather prowess is anything to get too excited about.
Look at Olivier Jacque.
Got the full-time Kawasaki ride based on getting on the podium in China in the ******* wet,but does nothing much after that.
The Kawa is now definitely good enough to be pushing for podiums and even wins,with a good rider on board.
Kudos to Ducati for taking a chance on Stoner and showing the other teams their 'safe' choices are actually weak choices.
I mean...come on...why the hell is Checa still given rides ????
I can only assume he has personal sponsors that means he can buy rides.

Westy has been about for years, one of those riders who can turn his hand to anything and yet does not seem to have really got "the break".

Toseland will be in Moto GP I reckon next year, but unless he gets the good tyres, he'll be mullered.

Have to say I think the move to 800s has not been a good thing. The 990s had so much more pwer than they could handle, it was more exciting racing I think, far more "squirelly" and there seemed to be gernerally more exciting racing and battles last year.
Mind you it has been a fair bit better then last few rounds, the first couple fo races fo the season just had the pack well spread out!

I still lo ve the 125s best of all! Nutters the lot of em, usually 8 of them in a line, all with potential to win, as they enter the last lap! lol!

simch said:
Toseland will be in Moto GP I reckon next year, but unless he gets the good tyres, he'll be mullered.

It's inevitable he'll be on either Michelins or Bridgestone.
If he goes with Bridgestone,he'll be fine.
They don't operate the 'two tier' system that Michelin certainly used to.
Everyone gets the same.

If he goes with Michelin,they seem to be dropping the 'two tier' system as well.
Partly because they have less riders to supply.
Partly because they're desperate to regain domination,so they're supplying good tyres to everyone,in the hope that someone will beat Bridgestone.

Either way,I really don't think tyres will be a problem to him.

There is a young english lad called bradley smith who rides the 125cc, i went down to donington last year and he seemed to struggle a little but this year i think he finished 7th he were battling for that posistion for about 6 or 7 laps it were quality all the fans behind him it were like watching the gp again!

Bradley Smith had a podium finish a few races back and is often the top honda rider in the 125's. At least he gives us someone half decent to follow in gp's

Bradley got a third in France a couple of weeks back.
He's on a dog slow bike,but that circuit doesn't have any long straights.
We were over at Mugello and he was as fast as anyone into and around the corners,but was being butchered down the straights.
Being on a Honda,up against Aprilias,he's always gonna be on a hiding to nothing.
Same with 250's.
The disc valve two strokes always murder the reed valve ones.
Give him a fast bike and he'll win GP's,it's as simple as that.

A ginger GP champ !
Ha !

Misano may throw the cat amongst the pigeons,because it's the first time the MotoGP riders have ridden the circuit in the new direction.

gp has got boring,but i think next year will be better.

i have alway's thought bsb is the best on the edge of your seat racing on tv.

AND IT STILL IS.

sean1098 said:
gp has got boring,but i think next year will be better.

i have alway's thought bsb is the best on the edge of your seat racing on tv.

AND IT STILL IS.

Oh man,I can't agree with that at all.
I find BSB so ****** boring.
People go on about the quality of BSB,but here's an interesting fact for you.
Kyonari,on a full factory HRC bike with top-of-the range Michelins got the fastest lap at Donington BSB this year.
Toseland,on a non-factory bike with supposedly dodgy Pirellis,went a full second a lap faster than Kyonari...
The bottom line is,there are no world class riders in BSB at the moment.
None.
The only rider I can possibly see doing anything at world level is Rea,but he's a long way away from it.
Don't even get me started on the likes of Rutter...
How the hell he still gets a job...sheesh.
Bottom line is,I'll scrimp and save to fly all over the place and watch MotoGP.
I don't even bother driving to BSB.
SKY's coverage of BSB is excellent though.
Just a shame it's BSB they're covering.
AMA is even better than BSB.
If you don't agree,answer me this.
Take the respective champions from each series.
Say it's Mladin or Spies in AMA and Kyonari or Rea in BSB.
Put them on the same bikes.
Who do you think would be faster ?
Simple...Mladin or Spies..no question.
Again,you don't have to take my word for it,Hodgson has raced in both and says the pace in AMA is much faster than BSB.
BSB will stagnate as long as the same old faces are racing each other and the tracks are as mickey-mouse as Cadwell/Mallory/Knockhill.
Seriously,how are we going to breed world class riders if they're trundling around go-kart tracks on part-throttle ?

Sorry..bit of a rant...but I get frustrated at how crap BSB is,when it could be really good.

Im with bowfer on BSB,not a good consistent series and far too much of a difference in skill levels. But i have to agree Moto gp defo took a turn for the worse, i say scrap 800cc and scrap traction control, there are riders with REAL talent out there Cappa, rossi, melandri, pedrosa whose skills are not allowed to show because of traction control and a reduction in power, dont mean to take it away from stoner but that guys a tosser without traction control and more bhp (990), and why is rossi struggling?, because every rider in the paddock has had a little electronic rossi brain in the ecu controlling how much mumbo gets to the road (as much as physically possible), but there are only certain riders who are capable of this and stoner is not one of them, that bike is damn quick with good tires and a consistent rider, nothin special on board at all. True enough it brings everybody on an even par, but what about riders who have genuine throttle control and balls? There should be a separate class for these as all were seeing is a group of top class riders being mixed with some idiots, and due to the fact computers are doing half the work wot you end up with is idiots and stars competing????????? I mean did you ever see stoner and elias even fightin at the front let alone winning races without a computer? No is the answer.
Rant over but i have to say that shades of F1 have crept in motogp, its goin boring and stars are burning away!!!!!:busted_cop:

I can't see traction control being banned,although even the riders agree it spoils the spectacle.
The simple fact of the matter is that the factories go racing to sell road bikes.
They're always looking for new things to chuck on their road bikes and most developments come from racing.
Disc brakes,alloy frames,rising-rate suspension etc.etc.etc.
All developed on race bikes first.
With road bikes chucking out 170bhp now,traction control is becoming a 'must have' for manufacturers.
It will make bikes more appealing to those that would otherwise be scared and it will help manufaturers avoid litigation when someone highsides themselves into a lamp-post.
I'm not into 1000cc bikes.
Even though I've raced,I find them way too much on the road.
People still want them though and traction control will help them sell.