EM TuningVolks Autos

Thread: Karting

1st Gear

Status

Karting

Anyone on here into karting? i usually go to M4 karting in chippenham but want something a bit more competitive

2. # ADS
    ADS

Quattro ist für sissies

Status
    I have Birel Rotax Max. Havent used it for a while though but going to get back into my karting soon.
    For sale

3" Downpipe and de cat (will be going on ebay soon)
    Autogauge boost gauge
    Chrome Audi Number plate surrounds

PM for info.

1st Gear

Status
    How much does it cost roughly do get into racing karts

ern
    Neutral

Status
    Its not cheap mate! I work at 3 sisters race track up near Wigan. The local club is the MBKC (Manchester Buxton Kart Club) and they turn up in some big trucks with TVs on the side and automatic awnings etc.. Sure you could do it on the cheap if you were committed though! Check out the MBKC website for more info, might give you a better idea.
    Mercedes Alphards for sale CHEAP ... PM for details

1st Gear

Status
    ive just build a drift kart, fabricated a 140cc geared 4stroke engine onto a tonykart frame i bought cheap!, still need to get the brake system sorted but its gunna be fun
    ROGUE TRADER

2nd Gear

Status
    I used to do 100cc kart's, back in the day, i tried doing it on a shoestring budget, used to transport it on a roofrack ontop of my Nova GTE, used to go to Rye House. Used second hand Super1 tyres to keep costs down but 6hrs before and engine rebuild was a killer, that's if it lasted 6hrs, which it rarely did.
    A day karting used to cost me in excess of £100, bearing in mind that was 16+ years ago!

My wife used to race Mini's and was East Anglian grass track champion many years ago, and we keep toying with the idea of getting a cadet kart for my daughter, but other thing's keep cropping up to spunk out spare cash on! lol maybe one day

Reverse Gear

Status
    I like the karting a lot. This is a platform for the racers. It is real fun to participating in karting.