front.jpg
front.jpg
front.jpg

back.jpg

side.jpg
side.jpg

side.jpg

Is it going to compete this year ?

Tickets are booked for the Weekend at Thruxton our local circuit.

Usually do Brands later in the season and Silverstone.

Paul

Is it going to use turbocharged engine?

Yup. Basically the S3 base engine with TOCA supplied Turbo and Cosworth ECU.

The engine is built by Ric Wood Motorsports up in the north west.

Cool, hope it will do better than AMD Golf

Got a few pictures of it at Thruxton this weekend here it is spitting flames (excuse the chain link safety fence).
DSC04550.jpg

Another one on the track in action from the Sunday

DSC04566.jpg

DSC04567.jpg

Really looking forward to seeing this on the BTCC!

I was watching btcc few days ago but they didn't show it at all.
Any idea how did it finish?
Also, what kind of suspension is it at the front?

Engine gave up in the first race (first few laps) and they didn't have a spare. Front suspension is NGTC control spec. on a space frame front end.

They didn't really expand on what caused it though. I was talking to the guys on the Sunday morning and they said that it is basically an S3 engine with the control spec management system. The guy did also say that they need to put it on a serious diet to make it more competitive.
Does look nice in the flesh.

Tom did pretty well in the Golf too.

Paul

Yup. The second A4 is being built in a lot less haste, with the aim to reduce the weight. I think they should have gone with the Lehman engine to be honest.

Yup. The second A4 is being built in a lot less haste, with the aim to reduce the weight. I think they should have gone with the Lehman engine to be honest.

speaking to them recently thats the engine they have with the second car due at the next round, promise of big things too but if they have sorted the hefty 175kg issue then i imagine their boost allowance will be out the window.

watching practice on saturday you could see the big difference in power on slow corners and front running times proved it

They don't have a boost allowance. They run the same boost as all the other turbo cars. They lost 90kgs out of Sherman (the first a4's nickname by the team) and the lehman engine is in the first car as well. I spent some time talking to the team on Sunday at croft.

The car will be very quick, but reliablilty may be a problem...... I was shocked to see some of the parts being supplied to them. They had a light tap to the back end in race one and it destroyed a suspension mount. It looked very weak in design. It had been sheered in two axises as if it was made of cheese.

i was under the impression they are running 2bar of boost, a special dispensation from TOCA due to their excess weight?

i remember the old leons having that weak steering issue, only thing is if you strengthen it then the stress will go elsewhere

i was under the impression they are running 2bar of boost, a special dispensation from TOCA due to their excess weight?

i remember the old leons having that weak steering issue, only thing is if you strengthen it then the stress will go elsewhere

2bar !!!!! :uhm: Nope defo 0.65 bar like everyone else. Max was only ever 0.8 bar boost over atmosphere at the season start before the turbo vs N/A equalisation stuff came in to effect.

clearly i'd not drunk enough that day, i meant .2 more :lol:
i know Honda are running the least, something like .55 but why they have to run less just because they have a better chassis is a bit strange.

this is only what i've been told anyway, clearly i'm mistaken but at least i know now :)

Honda's are running less, because the boost reductions were taken from the what was set at the quali session at donington. For some reason the Hondas choose to run 0.7 during that session instead of 0.8 like the others. Thus when the reduction of 0.1 from the qualy came in.... they dropped to 0.6. and then a further 0.05 for croft.

Nothing to do with the chassis.

ahhhh they kept that quiet then, wish i knew that before just to put them on the spot haha.

i'm guessing they ran less boost at that point to cover their backsides after getting a telling off for a slight overboost issue, that didn't work out too well did it

Engine gave up in the first race (first few laps) and they didn't have a spare. Front suspension is NGTC control spec. on a space frame front end.

Good engine builder then!

Both the NGTC seem to be doing very well - already competing at the front end of the grid. The Audi looks very nice too and doing pretty well in it's first season good stuff, came a long way since it's first blast round a circuit looked very unstable and a bit of a beast to tame.

Shame about the VW but I'm sure it will get there hopefully get a consistent driver so they can develop it.

Had a good look at it while it was parked up at knockhill

Love BTCC. My mate Stephen Jelley used to race alongside Colin Turkington in one of the Team RAC BMW's but has now moved to the Porsche Cup.

Id love to have a drive in this!
In fact with xmas coming up and me thinking of asking Santa for a 'red letter day' i wonder if a touring car drive is an option?