A Help For Heroes Charity Meet & Detail - Nottingham 26th May

coreythorny

Reaction score
My forum from my previous car are holding a meet/detailing day in aid of Help For Heroes and I thought I'd share it on here incase anyone was interested.

Heres the details:

Hello Guys,

Well I’m very pleased and proud to announce that we have set a date for this event to finally happen!!

Let me Give you some background information first!

Some of you may or may not know Burge (Carl) who is active on VXROnline. He has been serving for our country in the forces and has recently returned from Afghanistan safe and well!!!

As a mark and sign of our appreciation for not only Carl but all of the Armed Forces I have decided to organise a Charity Detail to be carried out on Carl’s car (Astra VXR). I’m pleased to announce that Rollini & Jonny R have been very much a co-organising this operation and have helped massively in the background organising venues and various contacts!! Massive, massive thanks to you aswell guys for offering your help!!

So what are the plans?

Our idea is to carry out a full detail on Carls Astra along side having a meet at the Venue where you can all mingle, chat and spectate if you wish whilst the detail is being carried out! We are using solely our own products that we have purchased ourselves and will be both of us working on the car!! We are also going to invite Total Vauxhall to the event and also invite Help for Heroes themselves along! These are still to be confirmed as of yet!

What do we want to achieve?
Well, ideally we’d love to raise a good sum of money that we can donate to Help for Heroes! This is where we’d like your help! Firstly if you feel happy donating money to a great cause then please use our text service to donate (more about that later)! A Small amount goes a long long way! Secondly we would ask if you could spread the word as much as possible!! Publicity is what we need to reach our target and make this a massive success!!

How do I donate and what’s the target?

It’s really easy to donate!! You can visit Ben Grace is fundraising for Help for Heroes or you can text “VXRO99” followed by the amount you wish to donate to this great cause!!
We have set a high target, but we believe it’s achievable and definitely worth the hard work!! We’re aiming for £500!!

Where & When?
So we have a date of Sunday 26th May and the event will be held at a local business unit in Nottingham. We will be there pretty much all day from 8:30am onwards till probably early evening! So please do not worry if you can only make a few hours, all your support is most welcome and we looking forward to seeing you there! More details on the location will be provided nearer the time!

What else will be going on?
Well we hope to have other things going on during the day! We've had interest from detailing businesses who are willing to run a raffle for charity donation and they will bring along some products for you guys to win on site!! We're also planning on having a BBQ, after all Rolls, Jonny and I are going to need refuelling!!! But of course you can help yourself and enjoy the BBQ too! Any volunteers for man the BBQ would be brilliant!! We're also in contact with other detailing suppliers to try to source samples and products to give away during the day!!

The Story/Thread will be updated probably on a daily basis so please please keep coming back and checking up on what we're up to!!
We'll also keep you up to date on our £500 target!
Many Thanks for reading, and on a personal note I'd like to thank again Rollini and Jonny for co-organising this with me!! Many Thanks Guys!!

The Link & Text Number once more:

Ben Grace is fundraising for Help for Heroes

Text "VXRO99" followed by e.g "£3"

For all those on twitter, please go and follow as we will also be updating the twitter feed.

@charitydetail

Please retweet our tweets and get as many followers as possible!

We look forward to seeing you there!!

help-for-heroes-1.jpg

the thread can be found here:
**Help For Heroes Charity Detail** We Need Your Help!!!!

There's discussions with Total Vauxhall to be featuring it, BBQ and growing numbers/ideas hourly.

Any questions let me know ;)