Midlands Rolling Road Day

Arrkon

Back in a "B"
Staff member
Regional Rep
Reaction score
Ok guys and gals, as per our discussion, I'm looking to set up a rolling road day for the Mids Region (others welcome too though).

Would be held at on a Sunday daytime at: DynoDaze, unit 16, Phoenix Business Park, Brindley Road, Hinckley, LE10 3BY (MAP)

£30 per car, for 1 calibration run and 2 power runs. Extras such as AFR or boost monitoring can be added for £10 each. However, this is a 2WD dyno, so Haldex cars can run with the haldex unplugged (and see more power), but Torsen cars cant.... sorry.

Sunday 2nd December 2012 from 10am - 4pm

For those on Facepoke

https://www.facebook.com/events/386414951441054/

So what do we say?

Usual story, Names below:

1. Arrkon - Rob, A4 B5 1.8t

Last edited:
Ok guys and gals, as per our discussion, I'm looking to set up a rolling road day for the Mids Region (others welcome too though).

Would be held at on a Sunday daytime at: DynoDaze, unit 16, Phoenix Business Park, Brindley Road, Hinckley, LE10 3BY (MAP)

£30 per car, for 1 calibration run and 2 power runs. Extras such as AFR or boost monitoring can be added for £10 each. However, this is a 2WD dyno, so Haldex cars can run with the haldex unplugged (and see more power), but Torsen cars cant.... sorry.

Realistically would need 10 cars to run to make it a goer...

So what do we say?

Usual story, Names below:

Date?

2. JoJo - Joe, B5 Passat TDI 115 PD

Hi, im new here and would be up for a rolling road day, i can also make most weekends.
Wouldnt it make more sense though to find a 4wd dyno? It would surely create more interest? Ive been to 2 different 4wd RR in the midlands myself in the past so they are there.
I will come either way but if its a 2wd dyno i probably wont go on but would be good to meet everyone.

2. JoJo - Joe, B5 Passat TDI 115 PD
3. Speedy Steve, S3 8l (no mods) lol
4. Rob A4 Cab - B6 A4 Cabrio

And a quick tidyup of the thread...

I may turn up just to meet everyone, faces to names and all that.

Dependant on the date, I should be able to make this, as it stands at the mo, I cant do the 9th :(

I will keep an eye on the thread if there are any date changes though, as would like to meet the up again :)

Oh, im not on fb and went with the date in this thread, i will check for the 2nd in that case and report back.

I can't do the 2nd, will have to meet you all another time.

Have a great day.

thanks for the tidy up arrkon and sorry ,give me a hammer, screwdriver an saw i can work wonders give me a computer an i'm sh**e.

2. JoJo - Joe,
B5 Passat TDI 115 PD
3. Speedy Steve, S3 8l (no mods) lol
4. Rob A4 Cab - B6 A4 Cabrio
5. Rob A4 Cab son with 86c polo 1.3 (no mods)

Apologies guys, I'm not going to be able to make the 2nd I'm afraid.

Have a good un guys.

Yeah, this Sunday. Should have enough yeah :) assuming your still coming. Have also invited some smaller Vag groups as well.

Sorry Rob and the rest of ya!!

Jojo will beat me, I wont deny that, but its all about the taking part....umm actually scratch that, coz I aint even going to be taking part. OOPPS!! LOL

OK, I'm a 85% to go here, need to leave around 2pm though, so if you can arrange for me and my pissrat to go on the rollers before then please Rob.

What was the day like guys....?

a superb rr day. surprised by the result of the car.good to see it avin the nuts thrashed off it by the guys at dynodaze hats off to everyone. thanks to ARRKON for oganising the day.

No worries rob, was a good laugh even with the limited participation.

Will get planning a gathering for the new year, however I'm thinking somewhere publike haha

Meanwhile, I was freezing my *** off running around a forest shooting targets and destroying the countryside with lead, got covered with mud, soaked, froze, jammed my finger in the ejection port, (only a minor ouchy but painful none the less) and had to pay for the privilege.

Glad you guys had a great time. I will hopefully be able to make the next one as the season is now over, and Yay me, I came 12th in the UK this year. (18th last year)