Northern Rolling Road Meet

AL_B

Reaction score
After my general Rolling Road Meet post generated little interest...

Does anyone fancy a Northern Rolling Road meet? People from the South are more than welcome to come along too, just means you'll have a long drive?

I'll be ringing two places tomorrow to find out prices. Its likely to be at Well Lane Turbos, Batley near Leeds, OR Prosport in Stockport near Manchester.

Watch this space!

AL

Yea I'm interested, £25 sounds like a bargain. Well Lane is within 2 miles of a couple of Shell Optimax stations

I could be up for this - as long as it isn't too close to GTi - I need time to fix it inbetween outings!

I'd be interseted in the Well Lane option too, name the date. Do they have a 4 wheel drive rolling road. I Dont fancy the 2 wheel option, too dodgy.

R88per,

Good point. Well Lane have both a 4wd and 2wd Rolling Road.

All,

As soon as I get 12 firm-ish interested people, I will then get some available dates from Well Lane.

I'm looking forward to it.

AL

I'm very interested in the Well Lane £25 offer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif As long as its on a weekend then count me in! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

So up to now we have:

me
matt
Funky_Junky
Moresauce (maybe)
silvers3uk
Doug_RS2 (if car sorted)
r88per

So we need 5 or 7 more people.

Moff are you not up for this?

AL

Al,

Put my name down please mate.

I seem to remember the S3's having haldex trouble at the last RR meet I went too. It may be worth checking they will run OK ?

David

Based on the last few posts, we are only 2 or 3 people away from the minimum.

Come on guys, it will be really good to see people their with different chips, AmD, REVO, APR etc.

AL

Al,

I am more or less new to the forum and have recently acquired an s3 which I think may be under-performing???

I would be quite interested in attending but could you please give me some indication of possible dates and times for the meet?

Come on people! the more that go means that I get to see chipped cars in action /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, and convince myself to have it done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif. Is anyone going who owns a chipped 1.8T?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi Andy,

Hope you're well. What've you had done to her? How much faster is she going to be since I had my little ride??!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I believe you're after an RS6, is this in addition to the RS4? If so you obviously have far too much money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers,

Christian

Matt,

No probs about your mate with the Leon coming along.

Summary so far: (depending on date of course)

Defos:

Me (4wd)
Matt (2wd)
FunkyJunky (2wd)
Silvers3UK (4wd)
R88per (4wd)
GolfBygobe (4wd)
DavidT (4wd)
Simon (2wd)
Riz (4wd)

Maybe's:
Moresauce (2wd)
Doug_RS2 (4wd)
Andiroo (4wd)
Matts Leon mate? (2wd)
SteveC? (4wd)
Drystone? (2wd)

So that just about gives us 12, excluding Leon, SteveC and Drystone.

I will ring Well Lane in a bit and get some dates and get answers to some questions, namely:-

1) print outs, & how much extra for a diag run for Moresauce
2) S3/TT experience, tying down etc. Smooth readings etc
3) check if 2wd & 4wd on the same day will cause a problem

Anything else?

AL

Al
i will ask my mate in his IBIZA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif if he's def coming along
although he'll prob need a firmish date !

Come on AL B, I thought you where the man with a plan?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Any dates yet???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Right.

The first date available is Sunday 4th of May.

Now, there is one problem with this date. Granada Men & Motors TV will be there filming rolling road sessions.
Before you get excited they film cars they have already pre-arranged to take along themselves. This means our "club" session could be disrupted numerous times, whilst Men&Motors do their runs and filming etc. Basically, it could end up being a long day.

Questions and Answers:

1) Q: Are diagnostic runs possible?
A: No. Not on a Sunday

2) Q: Is £25 the right price?
A: Yes. Normally it is £35 for 4wd, £25 for 2wd. But because we are a club, it will be £25 for all cars

3) Q: Are they experienced with S3/TT haldex systems.
A: Yes. They have chipped numerous S3's and TT's, and have had them on the rolling road on many occasions. Cars are tied down at each corner (if possible). Yes the S3's TT's can be tricky to do, but they've done it a number of times now, and they've achieved good graphs.

4) Q: How many power runs are done per car?
A: Firstly, the car is warmed up on the rollers and a couple of gentle runs are performed to make sure the car is mechanically ok, no smoke, nothing leaking etc. They then do a power run. If the power run doesn't result in a good graph, they'll do another one. And they'll do that until a decent power run is done and a good graph produced.

So that's it. Please provide feedback regarding the above date ASAP.

Remember we need 12 definite "YES's", no dropping out, otherwise each one of us will end up paying more money.

Cheers

AL

I am a definate yes for at least my car, if you end up struggling for numbers then I will get the skyline brought along also.

Simon

Sounds good to me I'm a defo for the 5th. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

A long day - right I'll make myself a packed lunch then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hi,
That weekend is bad for me (Badminton Horse Trials) so count me out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif Thanks for all the hard work preparing this one Al.

Nice one Doug.

Come on everyone, please confirm if the 4th is okay (if you haven't already). Otherwise we are in danger of loosing the date.

AL

If we're short on people I can try and recruit some friends?? however they don't drive Audi's??

OK.

Definites for Sunday 4th of May:

me
Matt
FunkyJunky
R88per
Simon
Doug_RS2
DavidT
SteveC
GolfTTish
DaveCav
SiTaS3

Drystone (attending but not putting car on)

Still awaiting confirmation from:

SilverS3UK
GolfBygone (defo can't make it)
Riz
Andiroo
Matts Ibiza Mate

AL

Great Steve. Can't wait to see what power your north-wales power station is cranking out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bruno. No probs.

AL

No probs Al, like I said, will deffo be joining you - she ain't ready yet ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif) but soon...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Andiroo