VAG trackday school Knockhill 2005

rd20vturbo

Reaction score
Website
www.20v-turbo.co.uk
I am trying to gauge interest in organising a trackday school at Knockhill for VAG-based cars only, around March time next year. Many people have shown interest in the school, mainly because you get tuition and confidence-building stuff before you go out on your own.

I have approached Knockhill and they are willing to sort something out for us. I'm looking for around 25 cars and the cost would be £55 a head - the trackday school would be a Saturday morning from 9 'til 12, tuition and class stuff from 9 until 11:30 then an open track for the last 30 mins. I attended this school last year and it was very good, well worth it if you fancy a go on track but are worried about it.

I am opening it up to SEAT, VW, Skoda and Audi forums to try and get the numbers, I will speak to Jim at Star Performance too.

Any interest? For more info email me at robbie@20v-turbo.co.uk

that sounds fun, i liked the idea mini did where you buy the car and get automatically put into race club

what i mean is it'd be great to join a club where this could be done regularly

[ QUOTE ]
dunk said:
where is knockhill?

[/ QUOTE ]

Scotland : HERE

Hopefully yes! So far the latest info is that it will be a trackday school, taking place hopefully in March 2005, from 9-12AM on a Saturday morning, cost is £55 per car and you get on track and classroom tuition with an open track session at the end of the morning, 30 mins at least. So far the list of attendees is:

1. RobDon (me) - SEAT
2. WX51 TXR - SEAT
3. DaveMcGo - SEAT
4. DodgyDave - SEAT
5. Caz3442 - SEAT
6. neiloakley - SEAT
7. matchmaker - Skoda

I'd love to see some S3, TT, etc. out on the track too! Hopefully Jim will bring along his S3 and Bora too, maybe Barry can bring his Fabia vRS as well!

Latest updated list of confirmed attendants (no Audi's yet!):

1. RobDon - SE
2. WX51 TXR - SE
3. DaveMcGo - SE
4. DodgyDave - SE
5. Caz3442 - SE
6. neiloakley - SE
7. matchmaker - Briskoda
8. steve9016v - UKMKIV
9. vroom69 - UKMKIV
10. d17ona - UKMKIV
11. bowdie - UKMKIV
12. gerard - UKMKIV
13. d9lon - UKMKIV

Can you give more details on how much time you get on track? Do the instructors go out in your car telling you what you are doing right or wrong, in the first 2.5 hours??

It is a bit expensive for me if it is only 30 mins track time.

I have been to a track evening organinsed by a friends work at Knockhill - it only cost us £30 each for a 2 hour open track session - that was only 25 cars.

I'm interested - just want more details

Interested, but as above, I would like to find out how much time you actually get on the track?

Cheers,

Stevie

Please remember this is a novice track SCHOOL, not a trackday. You get tuition on the track from the instructors both in their cars and in your own car too with the final 30 mins being an open session, so from the 3 hrs you probably get at least 2 hrs on the actual track, with some classroom tuition in-between. You are paying for the tuition and tracktime too.

I found it very enjoyable and educational too.

Knockhill's description of it is thus:

"Specifically aimed at drivers who would love to take their car on track but have never quite made it. The cost is only £55 and there are strictly limited spaces available so places MUST be pre-booked.

Course outline:

Arrival and registration
Safety briefing and all the ins and outs of track day etiquette
Tour of Knockhill in MG ZS's with ARDS Instructors showing you all the lines and giving you all the tips you need to know
Q's +A's in classroom regarding track tour
Take your car on track and follow your instructor as the pace slowly builds
Back into the classroom for any final questions prior to your session
30min open track session with opportunity for extra tuition

We know this course will be invaluable to people who have not been on track before as they will learn everything they need to know about trackdays and will be on track with other like minded people and won't have to go through that "jumping in at the deep end" feeling! There will be 'Novice' tracknights for the graduates of the school. Check out the schedule for school and tracknight dates."

1. RobDon - SE
2. WX51 TXR - SE
3. DaveMcGo - SE
4. DodgyDave - SE
5. Caz3442 - SE
6. neiloakley - SE
7. matchmaker - Briskoda
8. steve9016v - UKMKIV
9. vroom69 - UKMKIV
10. d17ona - UKMKIV
11. bowdie - UKMKIV
12. gerard - UKMKIV
13. d9lon - UKMKIV
14. phatphil - UKMKIV
15. Black Magic - Briskoda

Only 10 places left, 25 cars required. A magazine will be covering this event.

Latest list:

1. RobDon - SE
2. WX51 TXR - SE
3. DaveMcGo - SE
4. DodgyDave - SE
5. Caz3442 - SE
6. neiloakley - SE
7. matchmaker - Briskoda
8. steve9016v - UKMKIV
9. vroom69 - UKMKIV
10. d17ona - UKMKIV
11. bowdie - UKMKIV