Audi Driving Experience - Silverstone

madkebab

Reaction score
Wow, what an amazing day this was. Anyone who is an Audi enthusiast really must go on this day. Arrived at Silverstone at 8.30am to be greeted by the Audi staff who were extremely friendly and checked our driving licences (got to be over 21 and have 9 points or less to attend) then we were offered coffee an bacon sarnies. Once everyone had checked in we were introduced to the Audi instructors who were all german rally drivers with loads of experience. A presentation was then shown on car physics looking at things such as lateral forces, oversteer, understeer and how to correct in a fwd car a rwd car and a 4wd car. After about an hour we were then lead out to the cars. The cars we used on the day were the awesome RS6, the new S4 and the 3.2 quattro TT.
Over the day we did two exercises in each car. 3 in the morning and 3 after the very substantial lunch. The exercises included correcting understeer in the S4, involving steering out of the corner (easier said than done), high speed overtaking in the RS6( great fun!!), slalom course including a hairpin in the TT which was timed. A session round the Stove circuit following the course instructor whilst he gave you pointers over a walkie talkie. Emergency braking and steering to avoid an obstacle.
This really is a great day to get hands on experience with Audis highest performance cars and you must spend at least 5 hours in the cars overall so plenty of driving. I must admit I was overwhelmed by the RS6 it truely is a beast of car and really you couldnt push it anywhere near to its limits unless you were on a track. Must say I was also pleasantly impressed with the TT, the DSG system combined with the awesome sound of the 3.2 really is something else.
If you are looking for a great day out then this day can't come more higly recommended. Audi really have put some thought into this day and I am thinking of attending again already!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

ps Have some video photoage of the day if anyone wants to host it for me.

[ QUOTE ]
how big are the videos? i can ask a friend if he is willing to host them

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure of the size will have a look when I get home tonight. Im won the day in a national newspaper but I would certainly pay to go again. Didnt think you would get so much hands on experience in the cars. Best to go with a mate as you get paired up with someone for the whole day and this means having a lot of trust in their driving abilities.

Sort of true. At the end of the day there's only cones to hit so it doesn't really matter how bad you screw up. But i agree a buddy does make it a better day.

I'm going on my own.

After all, I can't be as unlucky as anyone who gets paired with me!

I like cones.

Once they've seen me drive the rs6 they might not let me drive mine home.

I'm going to stay up the night before. They sent a list of hotels pages long. Anyone recommend one?