Audis In The Park.....CONVOY!

A3Tom

Smell my finger.
Reaction score
OK, so at request.....here's a thread to sort out some convoys to Audi's In The Park.....can I get a big 'Ten Four Rubber Duck'?

This is how the threads going to work...

I'm going to arrange something with the Birmingham/Solihull/Coventry lot, however that doesnt mean that no one else can use this thread to arrange a mass drive out to Audi's In The Park from other areas.

Apologies, I dont know where you all live but as I said....jump in. Perhaps start a list with the region you're based in and people will tag onto it.

Sooooo.....

BIRMINGHAM AREA

lets get some names...I'll start (because I'm good like that)

1. A3Tom - Solihull based

Once we have an idea of where people are we can look at meeting points and then further RV's along the way to collect anyone else we may be passing.

Could I just have created a 'sticky'?......(thread that is:whistle2:).

You're welcome :)

T

Thread stuck. Great idea Tom, but we will just try to use this as a convoy thread rather than a who is coming to the event.

Thread stuck. Great idea Tom, but we will just try to use this as a convoy thread rather than a who is coming to the event.

Yep, discuss if you're coming or not on the other thread...this is purely for trying to organise a drive up with other people attending.

So, stick your area in and your name....then, when you see a few other people in the same area to you arrange an RV to get up there in one group :)

T

Saturday/Sunday NW:
Dependant ont weather? Should be cruisin down M6 from Preston on the Saturday 8th. Pitch mi tent @ Wicksteed.
If weather looks ***** I'll chip down on the Sunday.

Is it an idea maybe for people to put their routes up? To see if people can be picked up on the way and may the convoys grow!

Few of us hopefully will be meeting at Extra services on the A1 junction with the A605, down the A605 to the A14, then along there to Kettering and Wickstead. Not a long drive for us but if anyones from the Peterborough area feel free to join us.
Times etc can be sorted nearer the time.

BIRMINGHAM AREA

1. A3Tom - Solihull
2. JoJo - Solihull
3. Sidibear - Next to M6 J5 area.

BIRMINGHAM AREA

1. A3Tom - Solihull
2. JoJo - Solihull
4. voorhees - ricoh ish.

Last edited:
In all fairness, most people will ned up travelling the same route after a point, if this is worked well on timings, we could get a proper convoy going, yeehaaw rubber ducky.

Essex Area:

everybody in the essex area who's attending add your name to the convoy and we'll arrange a place to meet before we head off! yeeehaaaaaa thats a big 10 4!

1.ROLTYA3TURBO - loughton, m25/m11/a12/a13/a127/a406 all near me!

Last edited:
Essex Area:

everybody in the essex area who's attending add your name to the convoy and we'll arrange a place to meet before we head off! yeeehaaaaaa thats a big 10 4!

1.ROLTYA3TURBO - loughton, m25/m11/a12/a13/a127/a406 all near me!

****** hell, how many roads do you live near??!!!

BIRMINGHAM AREA

1. A3Tom - Solihull
2. JoJo - Solihull
4. voorhees - ricoh ish.

Awesome, I'm sure we can get a few more and pick people up on the way :)

1. A3Tom - Solihull
2. JoJo - Solihull
4. voorhees - ricoh ish.
5. markphelan - M6 J5

I'm too close for a convoy only half an hour away, but is anyone meeting outside at a local tesco, asda etc for beer supplies? Theres a big tesco in Kettering only 5ish miutes away from Wicksteed park.

I'm too close for a convoy only half an hour away, but is anyone meeting outside at a local tesco, asda etc for beer supplies? Theres a big tesco in Kettering only 5ish miutes away from Wicksteed park.

I'm sure we can swing via Tesco to scoop you up :thumbsup:

Im not sure if im going to be in Brum that weekend or Leicester, if I am in Brum, I will meet up with the local lads, if not, Ash, I might give you a bell if thats ok mate??

Im not sure if im going to be in Brum that weekend or Leicester, if I am in Brum, I will meet up with the local lads, if not, Ash, I might give you a bell if thats ok mate??

Yeah no probs, I'm going on a recky this weekend to have a look around. I'll get the address for a tesco/adsa/any other supermarket so we can plan stuff.

Ill be going down the A120 the A12 @ Colchester followed by the 14, if anyone is going that way so im not billy no mates :)

is anyone travelling from the south wales area on the sunday?

Grant, you could always meet these guys, depending on the time you leave etc.

We are going up on the sat mate

Right then people, had a drive to wicksteed park yesterday in search of a place for people to meet to get beers, food and other supplies. I found a Tesco extra store 3 minutes away, the address is

KETTERING EXTRA,
CARINA ROAD,
KETTERING,
NORTHAMPTONSHIRE,
NN15 6XB

theres other shops there as well just in case someone forgets tent pegs or something daft like that.

Can we get some idea of times that people are getting there on Saturday and arrange to meet in the tesco so new members like myself who dont know anyone can be 'scooped' up?

Right then people, had a drive to wicksteed park yesterday in search of a place for people to meet to get beers, food and other supplies. I found a Tesco extra store 3 minutes away, the address is

KETTERING EXTRA,
CARINA ROAD,
KETTERING,
NORTHAMPTONSHIRE,
NN15 6XB

theres other shops there as well just in case someone forgets tent pegs or something daft like that.

Can we get some idea of times that people are getting there on Saturday and arrange to meet in the tesco so new members like myself who dont know anyone can be 'scooped' up?

sounds good :)

I'm really wishing I hadnt mentioned 'scooping' now :)

BIRMINGHAM-ISH PEOPLE

1. A3Tom - Solihull
2. JoJo - Solihull
4. voorhees - ricoh ish.
5. markphelan - M6 J5

I'm starting to think of RV points etc.

Could I suggest Notcutts Carpark in Shirley by the M42 for the Solihull/south Birmingham folks. We can then jump on the M42 and head onto the M6.

We could then pop off the M6 at Cov to pick up voorhees if that suits?.

markphelan - is that alright with you or would you prefer another place that we can pick you up from?

Cheers

Tom

Tom, I will text you on the Saturday and let you know if im coming with you guys, otherwise, I will be going from Leicester and will catch up with you guys there or if we can meet on the way somehow, we could do that....and for Jo's benefit, I promise I wont be late ;)

I get onto the M5 at J13 so can be in the brum area reasonably quickly... what time and where and I can be there :)

<tuffty/>

Tom, what about Corley Services, and just let Vorhees know when we are leaving, saves him driving up to J4 to turn round to get to Corley.

I may well be arriving straight to site later as I am probably shooting in the morning, but its not guarenteed yet.

Have any times been sorted yet? Does anyone want to meet at the tesco i found outside of wicksteed, so we can all enter at the same time?

Tom, what about Corley Services, and just let Vorhees know when we are leaving, saves him driving up to J4 to turn round to get to Corley.

I may well be arriving straight to site later as I am probably shooting in the morning, but its not guarenteed yet.

Yep, Corley services is fine with me and if its easier for anyone else then its all good.

As for the meeting at Tesco, I'm up for it so we can go in on mass :)

T

What time was you guys thinking of meeting up? This would be the first time the missus is tagging along with me, unless she changes her mind the day before, so I don't want her to feel odd with the whole Audi community thing lol.

What time was you guys thinking of meeting up? This would be the first time the missus is tagging along with me, unless she changes her mind the day before, so I don't want her to feel odd with the whole Audi community thing lol.

Well gates open at 10.00am so I think an 8.30 start might be about right if we're leaving from Solihull.

As for your missus, at least yours is coming with you!. Mine just looked at me, let out a bit of a sigh and carried on painting her nails :lmfao:

T

Well gates open at 10.00am so I think an 8.30 start might be about right if we're leaving from Solihull.

I think that might be the time the park opens to the public, we may need to already be on site at that time.

In which case. meet at Corley 8.00am to leave at 8.30am?

I think that might be the time the park opens to the public, we may need to already be on site at that time.

In which case. meet at Corley 8.00am to leave at 8.30am?

Sounds alright to me.

7.30 meet for the Solihull area dwellers then (thats to factor in sitting about as someones bound to be late!)

T