VAG Drivers Day, Castle Combe, TOMORROW!

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
Anyone going? I shall be there wondering about. If you see anyone in an ECS Tuning t-shirt it will be me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Say Hi!

Rich

Yeah I'll be popping along to this one. Not taking the car on the track but the sun is gonna be shining so should be a good day for wandering about and spectating. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
madkebab said:
Yeah I'll be popping along to this one. Not taking the car on the track but the sun is gonna be shining so should be a good day for wandering about and spectating. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not going on the track this time either. Will be on 18th September at Audi-Driver.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
docurley said:
I will be there with ESC big disc kit on and par-taking in the track day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave, i'll try and catch up with you. Would love to take a look at the car. Would be more than willing to be a passenger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Ca video it too if you like! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lets see what I can do got the other half and me boys in tow so I know they will all want a ride but if I can fit you in your welcome.

Still not fitted the BMC, ****** top-hat for the MAF still not come in (****** Demon Tweeks)

Anyone know if I will be able to buy a VAG-COM cable at the VAG drivers day? I hear there are trade stands... Anyone know who is going?

[ QUOTE ]
BobF said:
Anyone know if I will be able to buy a VAG-COM cable at the VAG drivers day? I hear there are trade stands... Anyone know who is going?

[/ QUOTE ]

No you wont mate. VAG-COM UK is only internet based.

Rich

Word of warning! I know it's a bit late but to anyone going to Castle Combe - watch out for police speed traps. A recent Ford event inspired the local bobbies to set up several covert speed traps on the roads to and from the track. Take it steady.

I had a great day, first time out with the A8, it's not a track by any means but it was a fun car. Just a pity about the fat **** taking the track tickets having a problem with both A8 drivers and Irish people. All I need now some bigger brakes, coilovers, low-fat diet and a couple of turbos. The trip back to Holyhead was great, past a transit (among other things) at just over 175mph

[ QUOTE ]
past a transit (among other things) at just over 175mph

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't know transits could go that fast! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah was a top day. Was gutted for the bloke with the SWB quattro who had an off. Think it was from the Dialynx stand. Good variety of VW,Audi and the odd Seat. Roll on Audi International in September. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
docurley said:
Yep it was a great day, breaks stood up well for the hole day with no break fade with my big disc conv buy ECS and I was on the track when the UR crashed. Got to get my car re-mapped had lots of picking under full throttle but I was pleasantly surprised how the car handled.

I nearly had a run in with two idiots one in a R32 and another in a Blue Golf who where still racing after the checked flag has I approached Quarry, one either side of me leaving me no ware to go until I glanced round at each of them and gave them a Glare then they backed off. But other than that it was a good day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was a fantastic day! Saw you on the track alot Dave, but whenever i saw your car in the queue it was empty! D'oH! I got you on video anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was sitting with my kids and other half (too hot to sit in the car) on the bench opposite I was the Mixed raced sort of large build has I'm told (Not Fat) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I was hopping to bump in to a few of you guys too it would have been good the chin wag with someone.

Next time we will have to email numbers out so we can all link up or arrange at place and time to link up with every one.

Here I am just found a pic. I think we should start-up a Face and Ride thread.

Me.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
docurley said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
docurley said:
Yep it was a great day, breaks stood up well for the hole day with no break fade with my big disc conv buy ECS and I was on the track when the UR crashed. Got to get my car re-mapped had lots of picking under full throttle but I was pleasantly surprised how the car handled.

I nearly had a run in with two idiots one in a R32 and another in a Blue Golf who where still racing after the checked flag has I approached Quarry, one either side of me leaving me no ware to go until I glanced round at each of them and gave them a Glare then they backed off. But other than that it was a good day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was a fantastic day! Saw you on the track alot Dave, but whenever i saw your car in the queue it was empty! D'oH! I got you on video anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was sitting with my kids and other half (too hot to sit in the car) on the bench opposite I was the Mixed raced sort of large build has I'm told (Not Fat) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I was hopping to bump in to a few of you guys too it would have been good the chin wag with someone.

Next time we will have to email numbers out so we can all link up or arrange at place and time to link up with every one.

Here I am just found a pic. I think we should start-up a Face and Ride thread.

Me.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

It does help when you know who your looking for! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You cars looking nice mate! Supercharger still going strong?

We will be having a stand at Audi Driver in September. You going to that? I should (i hope anyway) be pushing some good power by then so will be on the track!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
docurley said:
I should be there and hopefuly with a few changes to the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

As will I! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif