Rolling road session?

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone know of any Rolling Road events happening soon around the South West area?

I'm looking to get my S3 Rolling Roaded and was wondering if there were any events organised? I've looked in the events section and there soesn't seem to be any.

Perhaps we could organise something at AmD or somewhere equivelent? Would anyone else be interested? Would anyone like to organise it?

cheers
Rich.

ok so if I did look into arranging one, where should it be? I am in South Wales and don't mind traveling a little bit!

Can anyone recommend some 4x4 RR places?

I'll give them a call then.

Cheers
Rich.

where in wales do you live. i have been / just signed in and trying to find a local meet or if there isnt one try to create one. (just moved from club gti newport) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
ok so if I did look into arranging one, where should it be? I am in South Wales and don't mind traveling a little bit!

Can anyone recommend some 4x4 RR places?

I'll give them a call then.

Cheers
Rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking it was gonna be at AmD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
snoopmorgan said:
where in wales do you live. i have been / just signed in and trying to find a local meet or if there isnt one try to create one. (just moved from club gti newport) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Port Talbot. There is another guy local to me who has a S3 who would be willing to meet!

I think there were a few people talking about a south wales meet a few weeks ago.

Perhaps this thread needs to be moved to the Events/Meets thread? Mods?

@jojo, I don't really mind if we do this at AmD.

Cheers
Rich.

In terms of South West locations, there is Interpro in Bristol who are pretty good.

Dunc

Hi Rich,

Yea id def be up for that mate. I live in Wiltshire.

When are you thinking?

Damo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Im organising a Rolling Road session already in the UK events forum. There are 15 cars going, it is in Bury (north west). But 1 guy has had to drop out so there is a space available.

Hi Rich,
I've had a few RR sessions at Interpro in the past, and found them quite helpful. They are only an hour away from us and I know they do 'club' power run days, but don't know how much? Saying that I'd go pretty much anywhere, distance no object in them Recaros!
Meet sounds good, been chatting to Bayliss and he's also up for a group meet. Perhaps Cardiff way?
Let me know.
Chris.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hi Guys,

I'll give Intepro a call tomorrow to see what they can offer!

As soon as I know more, I will post some details...

Cheers
Rich.

P.S I's be up for a meet! How about this Saturday? I have the day free and could meet anywhere. I don't mind Cardiff as there are a few on here from Newport who I think would be up for it. Chris would you be ok for this saturday? What about others?

I would prefer a amd day cause they are more experienced at running haldex equipped cars,interpro tend to overheat 1.8t's ie runs to long,tsr is 2wd.Tried powerstation on last sat and they haven't got a clue with haldex cars.I am up for a meet in s wales but am busy sat ,if you guys can't make it another day then meet on sat and get it started.Cheers Andy

I wouldn't mind it being a AmD day either. The only problem with this is the distance (but then it is a day out!)

I take your point on Intepro so perhaps I won't bother with those.

I'l do some digging today and see what I come up with.

** MODS CAN YOU PLEASE START A SOUTH WALES MEET THREAD IN THE EVENTS SECTION. Thanks

Rich.

Sorry Rich, PC trouble! Can't make this Sat as missus is Graduating /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif Fair point made above about Interpro, I didn't know it could affect the Haldex.
Any other date will be fine for me, if this Sat goes ahead then I guess I'll meet the others again.
Group RR sounds great! Guess I could find out what my chip is really like eh!
Cheers,
Chris.

[ QUOTE ]
StephV6 said:
I'll join the RR if it is at AMD

[/ QUOTE ]

As will I...wont run the car tho.

Rich

Right quick update - called AmD earlier today and spoke to craig, he told me to give this other guy a call (which I did) and he is going to come back to me with possible dates for the RR Session. It will be on a saturday and he was saying that they would require approx 15 cars to do the RR day! They said that they would also probably put food on for us too!

I was thinking of doing this next month (mid August). Can you give me a rough idea of who would be interested! Obviously if there are 15 places then the first 15 who put their name down here will be included.

I suppose there would be a backup list also so let me know if you would like to be on that!

At this time I just require names - Obviously if you put your name down at this stage I won't hold you to it as I haven't got a firm date! Once I have then I will collect the details!

So come on then, who's up for it!

At the moment the list looks like:-

Defo...

DickyS3
StephV6
T30GUE S3

Possible...

Damo
Jojo

Spectating (although I'm not sure I need a list for this, but hey what the heck!)

RichA3Turbo

Cheers
Rich.

As I actually had my car RR'd at AmD whilst having my remap two weeks ago, you can put me down as a spectator for now. Gives other people a chance for a run. I don't mind making up numbers though if need be. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

UPDATED LIST

Defo...

DickyS3
StephV6
T30GUE S3
chucky
AndyTQ

Possible...

Damo

Spectating (although I'm not sure I need a list for this, but hey what the heck!)

RichA3Turbo
Jojo

Cheers
Rich.

I cant for the last 3 weekends of August which are the exact opposite dates as Damo (Hol as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif).
So if it is in August, Damo or me will only take one place.

Could you also add simont to the list (im posting on his behalf)?

Dunc

UPDATED LIST

Defo...

DickyS3
StephV6 (if its not any of the last 3 weekends of aug)
T30GUE S3
chucky
AndyTQ
DuncS3
S3mon
Damo (If its after 14th Aug)
Simont

Possible...

Damo
PeteTDI

RichA3Turbo
Jojo

Cheers
Rich.

Nice one Rich, let me know when you get an exact date so I can make sure I don't miss it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif
Maybe my car will have already been sorted by then!

No worries! Spoke to the guy today and he is going to give me a date on Friday.

As soon as I get all info, I will post it here.

He also said that they would put on food and drink which will be free (tea, coffee, Soft Drinks and some sort of BBQ type food). He also said that he would try and get the police to come so we can test out our laser detectors, jammers etc.

Apparently the TT guys organised a similar thing and it was a great success!

he also said that they would also carry out small repairs free of charge i.e Rattling exhausts etc.

So it looks like it is going to be a great day!

Speak soon,
Rich.

I had better step up the modding process,more power,i want more power.Will i have time to get a front mount i/c on and get custom 4 bar mapping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy

Could you also add RS4John (he is on holiday but I called him today and he wants to put his name down)

Be good to see his car as its a very heavily modified RS4

Dunc

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:

He also said that they would put on food and drink which will be free (tea, coffee, Soft Drinks and some sort of BBQ type food). He also said that he would try and get the police to come so we can test out our laser detectors, jammers etc.

he also said that they would also carry out small repairs free of charge i.e Rattling exhausts etc.

Speak soon,
Rich.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't suppose they will do a demo chip a bit cheaper on the day? I'd be perpared to volunteer my car if the price is right! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Chris.

UPDATED LIST

Defo...

DickyS3
T30GUE S3
chucky
AndyTQ
DuncS3
S3mon
Simont
RS4John

Possible...

Damo
PeteTDI

RichA3Turbo
Jojo

Cheers
Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
T30GUE S3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:

Speak soon,
Rich.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't suppose they will do a demo chip a bit cheaper on the day? I'd be perpared to volunteer my car if the price is right! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can ask! But they may be pushed for time. When I had mine done it was a 3hr jobby. When I speak with them tomorrow i'll pop the question (oh er!)

Rich.

UPDATED LIST

Defo...

DickyS3
T30GUE S3
chucky
AndyTQ
DuncS3
S3mon
Simont
RS4John
MarkyB

Possible...

Damo
PeteTDI

RichA3Turbo
Jojo

Cheers
Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
What date are we looking at mate?

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure yet Rich. the guy is coming back to me today with a date.

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
What date are we looking at mate?

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure yet Rich. the guy is coming back to me today with a date.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok cool!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif