GTI Inernational 09

S£;707542 said:
http://www.gtiinternational.co.uk/

I Know it's early but after spring fest I'm keen to meet up with everyone again, So who's thinking of going?

It's a two day thing and we can camp!!

Another club stand would be good.

you do realise this means your the organiser now :)

I don't mind doing it if no one else steps up to the bar.

Well you made such a good job of sorting it out on Sunday it would be rude for me to step on your toes for this one :o.k:

But if you want to take me under you wing for this one I'm more than happy and have plenty of time to help out with anything :)

I think you'll find our GTI International 'organiser' RichA3turbo is already all over this...
He's made contact and sored out some Club Parking.
I believe he is also the keeper of the A-S.net banner.

I'm sure there will be a decent turn out of cars..as usual!

See you all there...

oh right ! I can assume he is going to chime in soon to let us know etc etc.

Its nice to also find where the banner went as we tried to contact the powers that be to be able to use it for the GTi Spring Festival to no avail so we had another made ( thanks Voorhees)

Ah, this must mean it's time for my annual post bemoaning what Inters has turned into compared to the heydays of 10 or 12 years ago.

For those of a nervous disposition, look away now...

In summary, unless you want do to the 1/4 mile sprint or fancy looking around the Cold War air display at Bruntingthorpe I wouldn't bother. A large number of high profile VAG scene retailers now don't bother turning up as the show is so bad. If you want Pick'n'Mix, cheap tat off a market stall or a raffle for a stuffed toy then you'll be in your element. If you want a serious car show I'd look elsewhere.

This is my slightly embittered experience based upon 12 years attendance at Inters where I saw it outgrow the Crowthorne site and then enter a downward spiral into several years of mediocrity resulting in the poor show we had in 2007 & 2008. I was talked into going last year despite saying never again after 2007 and I ended up leaving just after 11am after just over 2 hours in the show.

There are better offers out there...

True...

But the other shows are populated by stupidly low cars on air-bags, silly wide, overly large wheels and stretched tyres and sporting leather covered engine bays.
If that's your bag...try other shows.

If however, you can ignore the pretty poor stalls and want to see some serious stuff play on the 1/4 mile...then it's a good show....just not as good as it was at Crowthorne, as Jason says.

how much is the raffle for the stuffed toy.
are the jelly babies real or cheap ****

I went to Inters for the first time last year and granted it wasnt the most amazing car show i have been to however, like Ess Three said its a serious car show for people who are actually interested in the cars for what they are.
Maybe a little bit of tweeking but no chavy wallys with cars whos exhausts touch the floor and speekers that can rip your ear drums out! Its more for the "technicaly" minded people. Although you will get a few "chavs" its not over run by them.

At the end of the day its what you make it and if someone finnaly sorts out organising it properly ie actually telling us they are doing it, it should be a good crowd and we can camp drink beer and have a laff because after allisnt that what life is about?? :D

I was hoping you'd let me 1/4 mile your car if not mate.. then we can still compare times :thumbsup:

I was only joking but if mine is running full boost maybe we could swap for a run.. could be interesting.

aye, sounds good mate !!

Aparently the stand is lready being organised so i guess all being well we will see you there.!! Prob stay over somewhere again, might even camp !

It's not too far away for me to give it a miss, and always nice to catch up with a few old friends also, I will most probably be there on Sunday unless something comes up on the day.
And if Voorhees is reading, I want a rematch dude! :racer:

Glen, whats Rich doing for this organising thing? We are itchy to get the ball rolling !!!!!!

And we have the New banner too in case we want another

As far as I know, he's made contact and applied for Club Parking.
If like last year, then all we do if select A-S.net from a menu when ordering tickets once it's registered.

I always had you lot down as intelligent....NINE HOURS!!!

That's life...it's what has to be done to make a good weekend of it.
Drive down Friday...show all weekend, drive home Monday.

Kinda puts some of you southern softies to shame though doesn't it?
It's too far for me to go... :sadlike:

I'm obviously getting old as one of the ways that Inters has gone down hill in my eyes is that there are cars scraping on the ground with leather engine covers and stretched tyres.

I also think that there are far more tyre kicking chavs than there ever used to be in the past. I'm sure that's why a lot of the big tuners/accessory suppliers don't bother going anymore. Autometrix charge a lot for a plot and it just isn't worth them going as it's the wrong audience.

I think something like AudiDriver (Autometrix) or the Audis in the Park event organised by Cal off the forum offer better prospects.

I'm obviously getting old as one of the ways that Inters has gone down hill in my eyes is that there are cars scraping on the ground with leather engine covers and stretched tyres.

I also think that there are far more tyre kicking chavs than there ever used to be in the past. I'm sure that's why a lot of the big tuners/accessory suppliers don't bother going anymore. Autometrix charge a lot for a plot and it just isn't worth them going as it's the wrong audience.

Sadly, this is true...
Just not EVERY car as in some shows.

I don't care for the Show side...so tend to bypass it on the way to the sprint...but every now and then you see a a real star - like a bog standard Mk1 GTi which will make me smile.
I walk past the Chav-chariots at pace though.

It's not what it was 10 years ago...for sure.
But, still worth the visit for the craic/Sprint.

Jo, you better stop eating from now mate!!!!

LOL...i should be up for this, last year was CR4P!!! Probably due to the weather tho!!!

Was good to meet up with everyone and put names to faces, which is always a good thing.

And as J said, its just not what it used to be back in the 90's!!!

Oh those were the days ;)

Right, for some reason I thought it was still in May, but its the end of June now isnt it!!!

So unfortunately guys, im not going to be able to make this, as Nilz will be a Daddy anytime around then, next year tho' or even at Audis in the Park of E38 :)

******, im a 'maybe' as have wedding on the sat.....

Nilz...i didnt realise you were expectin?! good luck fella:icon_thumright:

Right, for some reason I thought it was still in May, but its the end of June now isnt it!!!

So unfortunately guys, im not going to be able to make this, as Nilz will be a Daddy anytime around then, next year tho' or even at Audis in the Park of E38 :)

Bring Nilz junior with you mate, start em early !!!

Cheers Tim

Mark, Nilz Junior might not even be here then, but you never know!! ;)

Sooo Jase(Voorhees), are we on for the rematch?

are you gonna turn up this time? seemed a bit lonely doing most of the 1/4 mile on my own last time