Buxton GP Weekend 26th/27th April 2003

Dave,

Route is planned mate. Same as last year. Basically, because most people coming this time have not been before (or not for a long time) the route will be new to those people.

There are one or two bits where take-offs are very very likely. The main one being on the A54 from Macclesfield to Buxton. I forget where it is everytime. If you are doing anything over 70 you will fly.

AL

[ QUOTE ]
Moresauce said:
Moff you want to travel over to Buxton in convoy, if I can keep up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I may join you if you are going through Derby. Are you travelling on Sunday morning?

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
Any thoughts on the route yet, do i need to reinforce my sump again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno, but I might need some sphincter upgrading after a moment or two at the last meet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I should make this, but please be gentle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No being mean cos I have other interests then cars ok /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just 4 a laff might come in the punto.

Damn evo is broken again! Rear diff and ayc pump fecked and turbo internals on their last legs .... **** ££££'s to fix so I'm trading it for another evo a- a black one ..... dunno if I'll have it for saturday though :-( if not I could always bring the mini but it's standard with no mods yet......!

Barry, bring the Mini if you've not got the Evo. Cross country it should be very entertaining if the reviews are anything to go by. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Any more takers? I have PMd a few maybe's and await replies. I note Al was looking for numbers for the curry and beer, so sign me up for sure.

Aiming to be there circa midday saturday all being well, so if anyone is about on sat pm and wants to head into Macc etc then declare your interest here.

Cheers

David

[ QUOTE ]
AL B said:
Would sooner see and hear the mini.

AL

[/ QUOTE ]
........all 263bhp of it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

at the moment.......

[ QUOTE ]
AL B said:
Moff, great you can make the meal.
Crafty, superb mate. Look forward to meeting you.

AL

[/ QUOTE ]
This to be confirmed by the better half /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif, I want ton stay over at either Buxton or GTI Inters, but not sure which yet. When I get home I will find out... just thinking of the lines now... nice romantic night in Buxton hehehehehe, and a curry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fingers crossed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

and before you say it, yes I'm under the thumb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Moff,

You're under the thumb. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Cheers,

Christian

Just to confirm, Crafty and I will be coming up on Saturday AM, not sure where we are staying yet or what time we'll be there, but we will /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jon.

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
I am the rain king at buxton /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Slick tyres, front wheel drive, 196bhp and I still thrashed 2 S3s and John /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bring on monsoon season...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does that not surprise me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
No, thats true, but I wanted to show off the new beast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I will also be told off for caning the S3 now its Jules' car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Moff said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
No, thats true, but I wanted to show off the new beast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I will also be told off for caning the S3 now its Jules' car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like your a bit stuck either way. I hope the weather is looking good enough for you to bring the S2k. It would be good to see it.

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
I am the rain king at buxton /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Slick tyres, front wheel drive, 196bhp and I still thrashed 2 S3s and John /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bring on monsoon season...

[/ QUOTE ]
you never caned me!
you were the only one I never overtook though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I think the weaving had alot to do with that thouhg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drystone said:
[ QUOTE ]
Besides, I'm looking forward to putting faces to names and lots of car chat.
[ QUOTE ]

Here, here!! Me to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah my girlfriend will love all the car chat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah my girlfriend will love all the car chat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just spoke to my other half about arrangements for Saturday, she's beside herself with excitement as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

And while I remember, Jo your mission for the evening if you choose to accept it is to talk Jane into getting a secondhand S3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cheers,

Christian

I'm now booked into the Palace Hotel at a stoopid price because I was too ****** lazy to sort it out earlier! Its the big place on the hill, not sure where it is in relation to Broad Street, but I am sure I will find it.

Should be there early to mid-afternoon, so I will text you all when we arrive.

Looking forward to it! See you all soon.

ps what's the name of the curry place? I have heard there is a curry house in Buxton that is very highly recommended and wondered if it was the same?

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Moff said:
[ QUOTE ]
AL B said:
Nearest Optimax stations are in Macclesfield, Congleton and Leek...

SHELL Optimax near Buxton

[/ QUOTE ]
Good, cause you lot will need it if I am in the S2000 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm tempted to bring the Golf now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
325 lb/ft.......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif:p:p

Yeah come on John bring the Golf, I don't want to be the only VW. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
Plus I fancy a spin in it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Christian

trouble is it's had all the shiny bits taken off to make them shiny again, so apart from the remap it's a standard golf with BIG writing on it!

They mainly use a spotter plane arounfd there with unmarked video bikes.

I'm gonna try and find out some info on what they are doing this weekend.

Jon.

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Moff said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif
I'm really happy now, managed to find a really nice Guest House on Macclesfield Road, called Oldfield Guest House, its right next to Burlington Road.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that one. They call it Oldfield because it's an old field, with a couple of tents in, a hen house and a homosexual farmer who plays kettle drums till four in the morning before attempting forced entry on his sleeping guests. It's a Buxton thing, apparently. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kiss.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kiss.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kiss.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I know that one. They call it Oldfield because it's an old field, with a couple of tents in, a hen house and a homosexual farmer who plays kettle drums till four in the morning before attempting forced entry on his sleeping guests. It's a Buxton thing, apparently.

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gifnutter, luckily I like kettle drums /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, not sure about the farmer though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Great People, Great Route, Great Meet!!!

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome. Had a great day!!

Sorry to MOF for frightening him.... believe me I was more scared.... wasnt expecting having to slam on mid bend?? Convoy syndrome.....

Hope to catch up again soon,

Bye for now... Julian

[ QUOTE ]
Mark R said:
Ok, David in front, Jon in front of David. Road opens out onto a straight, with a 90 degree bend at the end, followed by an uphill section. All open, perfectly easy to see the whole section.

A moments hesitation... is David going? Nope. Oh, I'm in third, handy, I'm gone. Screams past David, levels with Jon on the bend, who's now denied cutting the apex. Overtake round the bend. Again, open road, easy to see up the hill. Get round and move back in much to both Jon and Davids surprise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in fact David was just going, in fact had looked in mirror to see mark a country mile away behind some pensionable Renault 9, pulls out to see a strage flash in the mirror that was Mark being the king of the late brakers alongside. Came damn close to a swap of paint, but nice move nevertheless! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Re caption:

Mark: "John's "intercooler fan" mod looks sweet" (sorry for most, only John and Al will get that one!)