Northern Meet - Wednesday 12th March

s4dreamer

Reaction score
Same time, same place -

The White House pub @ Blackstone Edge on the A58 between Littleborough and Ripponden from 7pm.

Just ask if you need a map or directions.

Hope to see a few more of you there this month.

Trev

So is anyone other than Al going to bother turning up for this ?

C'mon, there must be plenty of you in the Cheshire/Yorks/Lancs/Durham area within reasonable reach of this place, and if I can drive 60 miles each way to make it I'm sure more of you can make the effort (there are even people who drive 100 miles each way - just for the fun of it!!).

Looking forward to seeing [more of] you there!

Trev /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Al, are you still coming to this ?

There's only you and DavidT who've given a definite "yes" so far, and I don't want to turn up and be on my own /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks David.

You are right life is too short, but sometimes you can't just say "hey, lets forgive and forget" time and time again. Especially since, I have already done that once already. I know it sounds petty, immature perhaps, but its the principle of the matter.

On a lighter note. I believe Simon took you around Donnington in his S3, what did you think?

Regards

Alan

AL / DAVID

I would have come but iam working till late ( 11:00pm )

If theres going to be another meet in the near future then give me a shout.

I'll tell you all about it tomorrow mate.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
AL B said:1) I have a growing dislike of someones personality and methods. What I can't understand is why I'm the only one to feel that way. Perhaps if others knew what I (/we ?) know, then they might feel different, or perhaps they wouldn't care. Who knows. I guess, some people just change when they are behind a keyboard or it appears that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you're referring to Gaunty, and that's fair enough. You don't have to like him and the world is like that. Personally, I wouldn't let it stop me coming to a meeting though. As I've already said, you don't need to sit next to him. TBH, I'm not even sure whether or not he's coming tonight as he has some child-care issues to sort out and hasn't confirmed yet. So far only me, Peter (Domus) and (I think) DavidT are definites, so we need you to make up the numbers anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
2) It feels more like a TS meeting these days anyway, with a token-gesture invite to me (and AS.net) to attend. Although it comes across as a nice gesture, half of me finds it a bit...well...cheeky/insulting, since it was me who started the meets in the first place. Originally in the North West and then expanded them to "Northern Meet" to include you chaps from over the pennines.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's intended to be a meeting of like-minded individuals - to compare notes on their cars, and generally talk about stuff. I don't care who comes, or what their favourite forum is. I took up the reins of arranging the meetings when you'd practically given up because of low attendance, and don't mind doing so. Nobody's complained so far, so I'm happy to carry on setting the date and location. If either need to be changed, I expect people to say - it's not my meet, it belongs to all those who attend.

Open invitations are extended to this site, TS, and rs246. I tried ukmkivs, but although there was some interest, no-one turned up. You tried the TT forum and we had a good turnout from those folks. So please don't accuse it of being a "TS" meet just because I happen to initiate the arrangements.

If you don't want to come, that's fine, but don't cut off your nose to spite your face - as David says, life is too short.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Reasonable points Trev.

I haven't been personnally insulted or upset by Gaunty. Just want to make that clear. In person, I find him a nice bloke, easy to get on with.

What I am disappointed with are the things that were recently done to this site by TS member(s), namely potential threats in e-mails towards Jo and vandalism in the as.net gallery, directed at Moff and Moresauce. They didn't find it a fun "wind-up". It was totally uncalled for.

Yes there was a slight attendance drop with the Northern meetings organised on the old site. Think we had a gap for a month, then you decided to take over the organisation. The site split occurred in November/December, TS started, you continued the meets from there. AS net started in January.

Sorry Trev, but it is predominantly a TS meet, no matter how many other sites you invite, as most of its attendees post more on TS than on here.

Yes, I know it looks like I'm cutting of my nose to spite my face. I know this is all stupid, but I feel strongly about the points raised in para 3 above. Why should I attend a meeting organised from a site (TS), some members of which, have attacked this site and insulted one of its admins, and two of its moderators? Thats my reasoning. If people can convince me thats the wrong reasoning, then I will try to change my mindset.

Ta

Alan