AH FabricationsEM Tuning
Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Administrators On Twitter

GTI International 2008 - 21st & 22nd June

What level of interest is there in going to GTI International?

I see from some other posts that there is a little mixed reviews. I'm sure that Neil and the team at Autometrix will be trying to improve things.

We have to have our registration back by 31st of March.

Admin

2. # ADS
    ADS

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    I should be going, have been to the past 2 at Bruntingthorpe, last year wasnt very good due to weather, the year before seemed to be a bit better, hopefully things will be EVEN better this year...

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Will be going too, looking forward to it

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Guess I better turn up for this aswell.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Brum brum

Status
    Yeah, even though I slag it off each year no doubt I'll be there again, hoping things have got better!
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

2nd Gear

Status
    I will be going providing the weather is looking reasonable.
    A3 3.2 Q SPORT DSG Now...Edition 30 Golf GTI

va va voom

Status
    ill be there
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

5th Gear

Status
    I'd be interested in going, went last year......wish I'd taken wellies!!
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic

Previous
    2010 R36 Saloon in Biscay Blue
    2008 Red S3
    2005 A3 3.2 quattro S-line Sportback dsg Avus silver
    2005 A3 3.2 quattro Sport Sportback dsg Black

Reverse Gear

Status
    I wll be going, This is why I drive a Quattro for... LOL Got to be the only place I know that still runs a 1/4 mile in the wet.... excellent

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    I'll be there hopefully my car will be all sprayed up for then too!

J
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

the only S3 in the villiage

Status
    Im well up for this, never been before what sort of atuff have they got going on there ?

the only S3 in the villiage

Status
    Im well up for this, never been before what sort of atuff have they got going on there ?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo
    Guess I better turn up for this aswell.
    I ain't going then.....

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees
    I ain't going then.....

Status

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jojo

...Watching you!

Status
    Lets go for it. We always manage to get a good few cars on the display. I will organise it again (have done for the last few years )

PM me.

Rich
    IHI-VF34 + RACELOGIC + Parada SpecII = Who needs Quattro?! 0-60 5.1s @ Inters '06

Thought of the month: People need to understand what is meant by 'Build Thread'...

Reverse Gear

Status
    me finks ad be up for going only just bought my audi so wud be a good trip out :D

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RichA3Turbo View Post
    Lets go for it. We always manage to get a good few cars on the display. I will organise it again (have done for the last few years )

PM me.

Rich
    Hey Rich, where have you been lingering? And put me down for Sunday.

...Watching you!

Status
    Here and there

I've submitted the forms to Autometrix. I will post up the letter from them later today.
    IHI-VF34 + RACELOGIC + Parada SpecII = Who needs Quattro?! 0-60 5.1s @ Inters '06

Thought of the month: People need to understand what is meant by 'Build Thread'...

Status
    Rich

I take it you are setting up a stand at the show, if so will you be there both days??

Also, what is needed if we want to be on the stand??

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nilz18t View Post
    Rich

I take it you are setting up a stand at the show, if so will you be there both days??

Also, what is needed if we want to be on the stand??

You just need to be a member on here to be on the stand, we say stand, but it's more like a patch for Audi-sport members, just register your interest with Rich, and he should send you out a pass nearer the date Nilz, and if you can get up early enough, we can go together on the sunday.

va va voom

Status
    You book your ticket through GTI international and there will be a drop down menu where you click on audi-sport.

in the post you will receive your ticket and display pass, get up early and once your there you park on the grass, bring some wellies with you, weather was ****e last yr
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L

...Watching you!

Status

GTi Club Display

Quote Originally Posted by Shane @ Autometrix View Post
    GTI International 2008 - 21st & 22nd June

I think that you will agree that Bruntingthorpe is a good venue for GTI International and we will be back there this year for the weekend of the 21/22 June. We have learned quite a few lessons about the site during the past two years, and will be making a few changes which will, we hope, ensure that everyone has an even better time than last year.

Once again, we will be offering clubs special parking areas and we hope that your club will take up this opportunity. There will be no charge for these areas but, as last year, we are asking your members to book in advance. The details of how this can be done are set out on the sheet which accompanies this letter.

Please note that the offer of special club parking is only open to cars manufactured by the Volkswagen Group, Volkswagen, Audi, SEAT and Skoda (and Bentley and Lamborghini!)

We will be running the inter-club competitions once again. The clubs which win the award for the best display, and for winning the competitions overall, will each receive a cheque for 150, together with the trophy which is held for one year.

In addition, we have commissioned a special commemorative sticker, purely for club members, and all the cars on your club plot will receive one free of charge.

Like last year, all visitors to GTI International will enter by the same route and your members will reach the special club areas by driving down through the car park with the rest of the general public. This makes it absolutely essential that they display their club passes in the windscreen; only those who do so will be allowed to drive right through the main car park to the club areas.

We want to make GTI International 2008 a great event for the clubs. It is our 2ist anniversary year and, if you have any constructive suggestions as to how we can make the event better, I would be pleased to hear from you on 07944 490 431 or email shanechung@autometrix.co.uk

Special booking scheme for club members

In order to be as fair as possible to all the clubs which wish to have special parking areas at GTI International, we are introducing a new booking scheme.

1. All clubs which wish to have a special parking area at the event must complete the registration form and return it to us by the 31st March 2008.

2. At this stage, we are not asking clubs to indicate how many spaces will be required.

3. The advance booking forms and the booking form on our website will have a space to show whether the person booking belongs to a club, and whether they would like a place in that clubs parking area.

4. When we receive bookings which indicate this, we will check with you to confirm that the person is actually one of your members. We will probably do this in batches.

5. As the booking forms and payments come in, we will keep a running total of the club entries. At a cut-off date two weeks before the event, we will total up the entries for each club and map out the site based on these numbers. If we have received 27 advance bookings for VWOC (GB), for example, we will allocate a space sufficient for this number of cars, plus a little extra space for any late-comers.

6. Because we will have the addresses from the advance booking forms, the tickets and Club Display windscreen passes will be sent out directly from our office. This will avoid you having to send them out.

7. There will always be some club members who arrive on the day who will not have club parking passes. They will be directed into the general car park and will then have to walk to the Information Centre. One of our staff will phone your club co-ordinator at the event to check that the person is a member, and that there is still available space on the plot. The person will then be given a Club display pass which will enable them to drive from the general car park to the club plot.

This might all sound a bit complicated, but we believe that it will make the whole thing much easier to organise. It will avoid having empty plots, or ones which are only partly filled.

Please note that only vehicles manufactured by the Volkswagen Group are permitted in the special Club parking areas.
    Letter above.

...Watching you!

Status
    The above should answer your questions.

I will get the AS.Net banner so we can show who we are. I've got everything crossed for a HOT sunny day!

Brum brum

Status
    We had a good pitch last year - right next to the tyre testing and the VW/Seat stands. Unfortunately it was on the grass rather than the hard standing so it did get a bit soggy!
    Jason

1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jcs356 View Post
    We had a good pitch last year - right next to the tyre testing and the VW/Seat stands. Unfortunately it was on the grass rather than the hard standing so it did get a bit soggy!
    Good location, crap surface, my S3 looked more like a filthy Landrover just driving the 50yards to the parking space lol.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Please note that the offer of special club parking is only open to cars manufactured by the Volkswagen Group, Volkswagen, Audi, SEAT and Skoda (and Bentley and Lamborghini!)
    Love the bit in brackets!

Brum brum

Status
    What, so I can't come along in my Bugatti Veyron?

Also they should probably allow Porsche's in as well now they are wearing the company trousers! Interesting what will happen with the Porsche/Bentley/Lamborghini/Bugatti question? Too many sports cars if you ask me.
    Jason

...Watching you!

Status
    They allowed Glen to go down the strip in his C4S...so maybe they forgot to mention that one

Status
    Jo what do you mean if i can get up early enough??

Anyone would think i like my sleep...lol

Rich, put me down for the Sunday, i think that date should be ok....

Rick, you going Saturday or Sunday??

Also do you have to get your tix in advance or can you get them on the day, if you do, then do you get a pass as well or will you only get this with advance bookings??

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Jo what do you mean if i can get up early enough??

Anyone would think i like my sleep...lol
    You have a habit of being fashinably late, no?!

va va voom

Status

Rick, you going Saturday or Sunday??

Also do you have to get your tix in advance or can you get them on the day, if you do, then do you get a pass as well or will you only get this with advance bookings??
    Most likely both days, but if not then i will go on sunday (sunday normally a better turnout)

you book it through the net, and you receive everything in the post. thats it basically

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L

Status
    Cool i normally always go on the Sunday as always has a better turnout and will probably do so this year as well, went Saturday last year due to other commitments and the weather was crap!!!!

Jo, dont worry i will defo try getting up early, unfortunately on both previous meets, I had family commitments as im "usually" pretty good with timing...lol....so he says!!!

...Watching you!

Status
    You MUST pre-book to get a place on the stand. Should be fairly self explanatory on the form.

S3 Drift King!

Status

Jo, dont worry i will defo try getting up early, unfortunately on both previous meets, I had family commitments as im "usually" pretty good with timing...lol....so he says!!!
    I'm only kidding dude, takes under an hour to get there from here, so we should be fine.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Cool will be there, do you need details etc rich?

5th Gear

Status
    I'll come down on the Sunday if that's OK

PM sent

Julian
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic

Previous
    2010 R36 Saloon in Biscay Blue
    2008 Red S3
    2005 A3 3.2 quattro S-line Sportback dsg Avus silver
    2005 A3 3.2 quattro Sport Sportback dsg Black

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RichA3Turbo View Post
    They allowed Glen to go down the strip in his C4S...so maybe they forgot to mention that one
    They sure did...but the bloke was not happy.
    Told me it was for VAG only...
    I pointed out the fact that Porsche had just bought a chunk of VAG, and that he'd let a Clio with a 1.8T go down earlier...and he backed down.

Told me I'd not be allowed on again.

Maybe no bad thing since I got my arse kicked by Cainey in his TT straight after!

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 3.2 Ju View Post
    I'll come down on the Sunday if that's OK

PM sent

Julian
    Yipee...I wont be the only 8P there like last year on the Sunday, oh actually there was an 8P S3 turned up later-my bad
    Fancy a couple of runs down the sprint together Ju-can compare the different ways of launching the old DSG???
    Last edited by Wes G; 14th March 2008 at 07:21.
    A3 3.2 Q SPORT DSG Now...Edition 30 Golf GTI

...Watching you!

Status
    FYI - You book your place on the stand when you book your tickets. I do not actually need to know. Autometrix will give me details of attendees before the show and i will post it up.

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast