GTI International 2008 - 21st & 22nd June

Administrators

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
What level of interest is there in going to GTI International?

I see from some other posts that there is a little mixed reviews. I'm sure that Neil and the team at Autometrix will be trying to improve things.

We have to have our registration back by 31st of March.

Admin

I should be going, have been to the past 2 at Bruntingthorpe, last year wasnt very good due to weather, the year before seemed to be a bit better, hopefully things will be EVEN better this year...

Yeah, even though I slag it off each year no doubt I'll be there again, hoping things have got better!

I will be going providing the weather is looking reasonable.:icon_thumright:

I'd be interested in going, went last year......wish I'd taken wellies!!

I wll be going, This is why I drive a Quattro for... LOL Got to be the only place I know that still runs a 1/4 mile in the wet.... excellent

Im well up for this, never been before what sort of atuff have they got going on there ?

Im well up for this, never been before what sort of atuff have they got going on there ?

Lets go for it. We always manage to get a good few cars on the display. I will organise it again (have done for the last few years :))

PM me.

Rich

me finks ad be up for going only just bought my audi so wud be a good trip out :D

Here and there :)

I've submitted the forms to Autometrix. I will post up the letter from them later today.

Rich

I take it you are setting up a stand at the show, if so will you be there both days??

Also, what is needed if we want to be on the stand??

Rich

I take it you are setting up a stand at the show, if so will you be there both days??

Also, what is needed if we want to be on the stand??

You just need to be a member on here to be on the stand, we say stand, but it's more like a patch for Audi-sport members, just register your interest with Rich, and he should send you out a pass nearer the date Nilz, and if you can get up early enough, we can go together on the sunday. ;)

You book your ticket through GTI international and there will be a drop down menu where you click on audi-sport.

in the post you will receive your ticket and display pass, get up early and once your there you park on the grass, bring some wellies with you, weather was ***** last yr

GTI International 2008 - 21st & 22nd June

I think that you will agree that Bruntingthorpe is a good venue for GTI International and we will be back there this year for the weekend of the 21/22 June. We have learned quite a few lessons about the site during the past two years, and will be making a few changes which will, we hope, ensure that everyone has an even better time than last year.

Once again, we will be offering clubs special parking areas and we hope that your club will take up this opportunity. There will be no charge for these areas but, as last year, we are asking your members to book in advance. The details of how this can be done are set out on the sheet which accompanies this letter.

Please note that the offer of special club parking is only open to cars manufactured by the Volkswagen Group, Volkswagen, Audi, SEAT and Skoda (and Bentley and Lamborghini!)

We will be running the inter-club competitions once again. The clubs which win the award for the best display, and for winning the competitions overall, will each receive a cheque for £150, together with the trophy which is held for one year.

In addition, we have commissioned a special commemorative sticker, purely for club members, and all the cars on your club plot will receive one free of charge.

Like last year, all visitors to GTI International will enter by the same route and your members will reach the special club areas by driving down through the car park with the rest of the general public. This makes it absolutely essential that they display their club passes in the windscreen; only those who do so will be allowed to drive right through the main car park to the club areas.

We want to make GTI International 2008 a great event for the clubs. It is our 2ist anniversary year and, if you have any constructive suggestions as to how we can make the event better, I would be pleased to hear from you on 07944 490 431 or email shanechung@autometrix.co.uk

Special booking scheme for club members

In order to be as fair as possible to all the clubs which wish to have special parking areas at GTI International, we are introducing a new booking scheme.

1. All clubs which wish to have a special parking area at the event must complete the registration form and return it to us by the 31st March 2008.

2. At this stage, we are not asking clubs to indicate how many spaces will be required.

3. The advance booking forms and the booking form on our website will have a space to show whether the person booking belongs to a club, and whether they would like a place in that club’s parking area.

4. When we receive bookings which indicate this, we will check with you to confirm that the person is actually one of your members. We will probably do this in batches.

5. As the booking forms and payments come in, we will keep a running total of the club entries. At a cut-off date two weeks before the event, we will total up the entries for each club and map out the site based on these numbers. If we have received 27 advance bookings for VWOC (GB), for example, we will allocate a space sufficient for this number of cars, plus a little extra space for any late-comers.

6. Because we will have the addresses from the advance booking forms, the tickets and Club Display windscreen passes will be sent out directly from our office. This will avoid you having to send them out.

7. There will always be some club members who arrive on the day who will not have club parking passes. They will be directed into the general car park and will then have to walk to the Information Centre. One of our staff will ‘phone your club co-ordinator at the event to check that the person is a member, and that there is still available space on the plot. The person will then be given a Club display pass which will enable them to drive from the general car park to the club plot.

This might all sound a bit complicated, but we believe that it will make the whole thing much easier to organise. It will avoid having empty plots, or ones which are only partly filled.

Please note that only vehicles manufactured by the Volkswagen Group are permitted in the special Club parking areas.

Letter above.

The above should answer your questions.

I will get the AS.Net banner so we can show who we are. I've got everything crossed for a HOT sunny day!

We had a good pitch last year - right next to the tyre testing and the VW/Seat stands. Unfortunately it was on the grass rather than the hard standing so it did get a bit soggy!

We had a good pitch last year - right next to the tyre testing and the VW/Seat stands. Unfortunately it was on the grass rather than the hard standing so it did get a bit soggy!

Good location, crap surface, my S3 looked more like a filthy Landrover just driving the 50yards to the parking space lol.

What, so I can't come along in my Bugatti Veyron?

Also they should probably allow Porsche's in as well now they are wearing the company trousers! Interesting what will happen with the Porsche/Bentley/Lamborghini/Bugatti question? Too many sports cars if you ask me.

They allowed Glen to go down the strip in his C4S...so maybe they forgot to mention that one ;)

Jo what do you mean if i can get up early enough??

Anyone would think i like my sleep...lol

Rich, put me down for the Sunday, i think that date should be ok....

Rick, you going Saturday or Sunday??

Also do you have to get your tix in advance or can you get them on the day, if you do, then do you get a pass as well or will you only get this with advance bookings??

Rick, you going Saturday or Sunday??

Also do you have to get your tix in advance or can you get them on the day, if you do, then do you get a pass as well or will you only get this with advance bookings??

Most likely both days, but if not then i will go on sunday (sunday normally a better turnout)

you book it through the net, and you receive everything in the post. thats it basically

Cool i normally always go on the Sunday as always has a better turnout and will probably do so this year as well, went Saturday last year due to other commitments and the weather was crap!!!!

Jo, dont worry i will defo try getting up early, unfortunately on both previous meets, I had family commitments as im "usually" pretty good with timing...lol....so he says!!!

You MUST pre-book to get a place on the stand. Should be fairly self explanatory on the form.

Jo, dont worry i will defo try getting up early, unfortunately on both previous meets, I had family commitments as im "usually" pretty good with timing...lol....so he says!!!

I'm only kidding dude, takes under an hour to get there from here, so we should be fine. :icon_thumright:

I'll come down on the Sunday if that's OK

PM sent

Julian

They allowed Glen to go down the strip in his C4S...so maybe they forgot to mention that one ;)

They sure did...but the bloke was not happy.
Told me it was for VAG only...
I pointed out the fact that Porsche had just bought a chunk of VAG, and that he'd let a Clio with a 1.8T go down earlier...and he backed down.

Told me I'd not be allowed on again.

Maybe no bad thing since I got my **** kicked by Cainey in his TT straight after!

I'll come down on the Sunday if that's OK

PM sent

Julian
Yipee...I wont be the only 8P there like last year on the Sunday, oh actually there was an 8P S3 turned up later-my bad:(:icon_thumright:
Fancy a couple of runs down the sprint together Ju-can compare the different ways of launching the old DSG???:cool:

FYI - You book your place on the stand when you book your tickets. I do not actually need to know. Autometrix will give me details of attendees before the show and i will post it up.