GTI International 2008 - 21st & 22nd June

They dont normally send out the tickets until about 2 weeks prior to the show.

its per person.....some scallywags put people in their boot which is terrible

Hmmm... I may have to go as part of Audi-Sport.net, but I'm not sure my car will be finished by then. This would probably be a good place to try and swap my US trunk, sorry "bootlid" for a UK one too. And I have a coupel buddies that might want to join here too, especially to be in the club area. Although they both have US spec VWs...

Booked now, I feel violated..........

Ah well 2 days of fun, and a couple of blasts up the strip should test my Outlaw turbo well enough

Good man jojo...
You know it makes sense.

The usual suspects will be there I'd imagine...
I hope people make themselves known this year...it's always good to put faces to names.

Just booked in for Sunday. I must be mad - after the shambles last year I said 'never again'. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Just booked in for Sunday. I must be mad - after the shambles last year I said 'never again'. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Totally know what you mean Jas, but it's once a year, so I thought I should go, plus it's only down the road for me, so rude not to turn up really....
And our plot was actually in a good spot, spoilt by the soft surface, which was odd, considering most of us got sunstroke afterwoods lol

the back of my neck was the colour of brembo in your signature Joe.(it hurt like firk)

Think im going to attend this chaps....just need to make certain im free that day..... do the tickets tend to sell out at any point or is it pretty much an open book

Hi guys,

Damn didnt realises this had come round already!

Never been before, would you say its worth going just for the day or the weekend?

Also are people camping or getting hotels?

Hoping im not too late!

Cheers

Dave

Hi guys,

Damn didnt realises this had come round already!

Never been before, would you say its worth going just for the day or the weekend?

For seeing the cars etc...most are there both days, so a single day is OK.
If you want to do a lot of sprinting, that'll take a big chunk out of the day...so perhaps you'll want 2 days to see everything.
But I doubt it...
I find the show can easily be seen in a day.

We tend to go for 2 because it's so ****** far away, and because we make a long weekend social event of it....and it's good to meet up with others year after year.

But if you are local...I'd think a day will be fine.

Also are people camping or getting hotels?
Hoping im not too late!

You'll be struggling for hotels very local by now...we are in Lutterworth...and it's been booked up for the last 4-5 months.
I'm sure you'll find somewhere though...

Cool, cheers mate, im only about an hour away so lucky and I reckon one day will be fine then, do you call park together or just the car park as and where?

If you book your ticket online, and select the site from the drop down list, you'll get an Audi-Sport thing to hang on your rear-view mirror. Once you're there the stewards will point you in the direction of our parking area. Just hope we're not in a swamp again this year.

Looking forward to seeing a few old faces, was on the audi-sport stand a few years ago with the black golf.

Travelodge Lutterworth is fully booked but my friend managed to get a hotel on the High Street recently.

See you there

I got my tickets today, but it doest say clearly what sprints i am doing on it, i think i booked for 2 a day, but not sure,lol

It's ok Chris, you have Quattro!! OMG, you are going to get your RS4 filthy. :faint:

That's OK...he'll have Polished Bliss wash it for him.

Just like they will be giving it a once over before he leaves...won't they Herr Maguire? :yes:

Are you taking Clark down with you to do a fly-removal detail in Lutterworth?
Or will you be employing a few metres of Tesco's finest Cling Film?

Looking forward to seeing a few old faces, was on the audi-sport stand a few years ago with the black golf.

Seeing a few old faces from behind dark glasses, whilst nursing a monster hangover, eh lad?

Travelodge Lutterworth is fully booked but my friend managed to get a hotel on the High Street recently.

We are all in the Travelodge...so we're all right!
Bring on the flat, cloudy, tepid brown beer! :beerchug:

Yes, should have the RS4 in at PB for the Thursday and Friday. I'll get themto give it a nice teflon coating for the drive down (and several layers of Tesco finest). Who knows, I might even try washing it myself when I get down there....

I've booked three sprints for each day. Who wants a race :)

Yes, should have the RS4 in at PB for the Thursday and Friday. I'll get themto give it a nice teflon coating for the drive down (and several layers of Tesco finest).

This I knew... :p

Who knows, I might even try washing it myself when I get down there....

Phone me first, will you?
This I must see. That'll make my day!
Will you have your Marigolds on to protect your delicate skin?

I've booked three sprints for each day. Who wants a race :)

I'm your Huckleberry!
Saturday good for you?

I believe Marty (dub16) will be taking Richie on too. 2.9 8v FWD Mk3 vs 3.2 24v 4WD Mk4.
Place your bets now...:laugh:

Phone me first, will you?
This I must see. That'll make my day!
Will you have your Marigolds on to protect your delicate skin?

Appreciate the epidermal concerns, but have you ever seen a car that's been washed by Clark? It needs little more than a hose for the first month or so. Well within my capabilities.

Hopefully get a set of darker glasses for this year Ess_three!!

I am up for a bit of sport on saturday as well. Sadly Rich isn't taking the 32 so I will be up against Kenny in the Rallye and Martin in the Anni soot chucker.

I would take on Chris in the RS4 but wouldn't want to embarass you...

I just hope that everything is running well. It is going for final mapping on the 20th @ stealth so will see how it performs.

Plenty time Chris (he says jokingly)

ARP bolts are being fitted to the bottom end as we speak by the guy building the engine then sump etc back on and hopefully it will be running tomorrow. Then the cosmetic stuff to do, get the poly windows bonded in, bit of paint inside and out and job done. Hope to have lost about 100kg, possible even 150 and with the engine work should be lively. He hopes!

Looking forward to seeing the RS4 / 911 battle as well and sipping some ice cold refreshments.

Hopefully get a set of darker glasses for this year Ess_three!!

I shall be sporting my Gayviators, as per last time. :p

I am up for a bit of sport on saturday as well. Sadly Rich isn't taking the 32 so I will be up against Kenny in the Rallye and Martin in the Anni soot chucker.

Pah...no R32...boo.
You'll be fine against Martin.
He'll blow up his clutch/flywheel on his first proper launch.

I just hope that everything is running well. It is going for final mapping on the 20th @ stealth so will see how it performs.

I'm sure Vince will do a decent job.
Should be good...I'm looking forward to seeing how the VR6 turns out after 6 years or so of building!

Don't worry. Any over confidence on my part will get me a very shiney *** platter knowing my luck!

Come now...
Even a ham-fisted, limp-wristed, well groomed man-about-town can surely get the RS4 off the line with minimal fuss?

I'm sure once it's rolling, the lack of wind resistance due to an uber coating if Vintage, will see you glide through the standing 1/4 faster than a smaller capacity, less cylindered, 100 BHP less powerful 911?

I'll be happy to pay the wager...I just hope somebody gets a good video of it...should make for a good soundtrack if nothing else.

BTW Chris, you on the flat brown beer again this year?

Should make for a very good vid indeed. One to watch with the volume turned up. Custom Code are offering cheap maps for the weekend so I migh look to extend the advantage.

Pah!
I'll keep mine running on 95 octane if it makes you feel better.

Only if you keep me away from the ugly birds :w00t:

You are a grown up, and such must accept resposibility for letting real beer affect you to such a degree that you want to go home with a fat/ugly/horsey looking/all of the above, bird.