GTI International 2008 - 21st & 22nd June

Leaving the venue at 2PM chaps, need to get back for work, unless I have someone to cover for me, then I will stay later. It's literally down the road for me, approx. 50 or so miles away. Meet me on the M6 sevices near Coventry @8am(7.30am for Jason and Nilz, so you might actually get there on time lol:moa:) to travel in convoy boys and girls. :racer:

OK that makes sense about the 2pm stuff.....its about 40 miles i think....I might actually be in Lesta on the Saturday, so may just stay the night and drive up on Sunday morning, if not, then 7.30 are you having a laugh!!??!!

No im sure i can sort some sirens to go off to wake me up...

Have you booked your tix yet and have you picked the club, coz i cant yet....

Am I right in thinking that more people from AS.net are going on sunday? I may has well book for then if more guys will be there

BTW put the AS.net stick pride of place on car today

OK, I have booked Sunday, no mention of what club stand to pick so I have emailled automatrix. C U all there. I hope the old 80's good enough for the stand, Im spending friday polishing it!

Anyone having issues choosing a club, if so what is the situation about getting on the stand??

Also is there limited spaces for the stand, or can we go for a record??

Can I come :yes:

Of course.
The more the merrier.

Some seem concerned that their car may not be 'good enough' for the A-S area...it's not a competition, it's no Show and Shine...it's just an area where ANY member can park up and meet with others from the same Forum.

My understanding is that the space we are allocated depends on the number of cars coming...the more that have booked...the bigger space we are given.

Not sure if people will hang about the A-S area much during the day...we tend to collect at the start of the day, then wander off...popping back periodically to fetch cars for the Sprint, drop purchases off or shelter from the rain/sun as applicable.

Usually a bit of good bantar there...best you wrap yourself up well in cotton wool! :moa:

It's a good opportunity to put names to faces...inspect cars, sprint times etc.

My concern is that we order the tickets but dont get let onto the stand as there is no way of saying which club we are with, can someone find out whats happening with this please??

Thanks in advance :)

This is the reponse I got by email from Autometrix, when I emailled after my order had gone through and couldnt select dropdown box. I would suggest emailling with order ref number and let them know which club you stand you want to be with.

""Dropdown list not available yet, but will make a note on your order""

I just replyed to the email I got after ordering.

Good luck

My concern is that we order the tickets but dont get let onto the stand as there is no way of saying which club we are with, can someone find out whats happening with this please??

Thanks in advance :)

Nilz, you get a stand pass along with your tickets which hangs onto your rearview mirror mate. then they will divert you to the stands queue upon arrival.

OK i will sort that out this evening hopefully then...

Hi Rich, I am using IE, but what im saying is there isnt an option at all now to choose which club you are with, am i missing something??

All i can see is the option to buy tickets and pay...thats it...

Hi Rich, I am using IE, but what im saying is there isnt an option at all now to choose which club you are with, am i missing something??

All i can see is the option to buy tickets and pay...thats it...

If you are missing it, then so am i????????? :wtf:

oooh its like that is it.....lol i probably wont turn up on time anyway..haha!!!

I bet he will...
I hope Chris is, with his RS4...that would be interesting!

I will be if I can get my f'in ticket booked! There's no drop down for me either so I'll call/email in the morning and get it sorted.

Will be interesting indeed. I should 'just' get you to 60, but our 1/4 mile times are both in the low 13s.

jojo said:
Too bad they won't allow anyone to sit shotgun during the 1/4 miles. :(

I thought they did last year? If they do then you'd better keep away from the mud if you're even thinking of getting near the thing! Same goes for you, Vorhees :p

I've got it booked in with the PB guys on the Thurs/Fri for a little spit and polish. Then a long drive down, going slow to keep the flies off.

I thought they did last year? If they do then you'd better keep away from the mud if you're even thinking of getting near the thing! Same goes for you, Voorhees
Pah..Chris its only an estate,it'll be as easy as last year :eyebrows:

right guys, its all sorted now (apparently...havent actually checked!)

Let me know if there are any other problems and i'll get back to them.

Glad to see Audi-Sport wil be at GTI again this year. As posted earlier you can now book online.

I'll be there but will be on the www.audisrs.com plot this year.

If you have not been, I thoroughly recommend it, a great day out.

Can we have a VW Jetta on the Audi-Sport stand, its just that my cousin might be coming with me and he has one of them and i mentioned that im going to be on the stand, so he just wanted to know....is that allowed or not, if you could let me know please...

Thanks

Is he a member?
I think you have to be a member to be allowed on the A-S.net pitch...they said they were goin to check with Rich.

If he's a member then he can...if he's not, and joins just to park there...I guess that's ok as long as we aren't limited to a certain number of parking places...if that's the case then we must make sure active members get first shout.

Hulloo guys is there any space left on the AS.net pitch ? I would love to come along as im now keeping the S3 plus id be a GTI International virgin ! LOL.

Just booked up for the Sunday...just need to hope for some sunshine now!:icon_thumright: See ya all then.

Wes.:racer:

As long as you are a member its fine. I dont think there is a limit as such... They just see how many members have signed up once booking closes, and allocate a couple more.

Rich

cool well if no one minds a standard Avus Silver S3 turning up im gonna book it !

Hi Ess, he isnt a member, but i dont think he is too fussed about being on the stand, it was just coz we normally go to all the shows together and i didnt want to leave him in the middle of the carpark 2 miles away, whilst i parked in a "cool" spot....lol

Jamieface, cool the more the merrier.

LOL....yea i know....we will probably do that, just didnt want to be seen as taking the pee thats all...

I've booked up for the Sunday, first show i've been too with my S3.

Guys please remember that booking close 13th June @ 12pm. If you want to be on display, book now!

Right-o. I've booked my std. Goodwood S3 for Saturday including a few runs up the quarter. (anyone else sprinting on Saturday?):racer:

Should be a good chuckle.