GTI International 2008 - 21st & 22nd June

Good to meet everyone but the fact I left at 11:45 sums up my opinion of the show. That's the last inters for me and I mean it this time!

I'd rather go to something like Audimeets or a more specific club event.

Good to meet everyone but the fact I left at 11:45 sums up my opinion of the show. That's the last inters for me and I mean it this time!

:whistle2::icon_thumright:

for 18quid a shot...doesn't sound promising!

Nice meeting the couple of ya on Sat, shame about the weather!

My first time there, not bad but thought there would of been more traders, seemed orianted more to VW, I still got my side repeaters tho, from German traders, never seen any like this ever before!

I wondered where you you went?, didn't know you actually went home! :search:

The show in general was average, maybe last year had quite a big effect, especially on the attendance, I felt it was a bit thin. Main highlight as usual is the 1/4 miles, and actually taking part makes the day more fun... it did for me at least, despite losing twice haha. :sob:

And as usual, it's nice to meet the old boys again and a couple of new ones, sorry if I didn't get to say hi to other member's of the forum on our stand, since we all arrived at different times, it split the group up really.

As for next year, if it's still at Bruntingthorpe, I can't see myself failing to turn up, as it's only a 40mile trek for me. Hope I still have my S3 in 12 months time!

I forgot until about 2:30, then I couldn't be bothered.

i went down on saturday, couldnt find the section for the all your cars saw an a3 (d11 dpm) but that was it, i was in the show n shine section so if u were there u proberly saw my car. Was wondering does anyone have any pics from the saturday or any of my car infact ??

im thinking the same m8

I thought I'd turned up at the wrong show. So many cars missing. More atmosphere at a no-rice meet. If it wasn't for the strip I would have been totally bored. Weather must have something to do with it, but I've been going since it was at TRL and it was always busy even in wet weather. It's just not the same show anymore. Used to get many people from overseas visiting.
Oh well. There are always other shows.

Great meeting the usuals and thanks to Glen for allowing me to drool over his car.

First time i went on saturday and wasn't there that long, weather was pants not many cars there, couldn't get my car remapped but highlight was beating a r32 on the strip.

It was seriously lacking this year. So many traders were not there and no europeans to be seen. Even back at bentwaters there were loads of dutch, german and french cars that made it more interesting. If it wasnt for the strip i probably wouldnt have bothered going back on the sunday. The location is really good, but the show itself seems to have got worse every year since i've been going. This year was by far the worst. Even the traders didnt have anything interesting to show you with exception of some of JBS' turbo kits. Very disappointing. They really need to make a massive effort for next year and get it back on track else it may be the last one i fear.

Had an OK time anyway. first thing on shopping list...clutch. But with 90k miles on it, 35k of this with ~320bhp its done pretty damn well to last this long.

Rich

Did anyone see if that one fellow at the autojumble still had the ABT front and rear B6 A4 bumper spoilers for sale Sunday? I was going to buy it, but I had no cash.

They need to use a hangar or something and have the show and shine and dealers indoors. The rain just ruins everything. Poor planning and show development all around.

I thought I'd turned up at the wrong show. So many cars missing. More atmosphere at a no-rice meet. If it wasn't for the strip I would have been totally bored. Weather must have something to do with it, but I've been going since it was at TRL and it was always busy even in wet weather. It's just not the same show anymore. Used to get many people from overseas visiting.
Oh well. There are always other shows.

I know what you mean...it's a poor relative of the TRL days.
The show was OK...it's always good to chat to new people and catch up with old mates...and we use it as a social event spread over 4 days....but we were all commenting about the fact that there are none of the bonkers show 'special' cars anymore...or foreign cars (Jeroem Dik and the JD engineering cars were worth the 8 hour drive alone)

Great meeting the usuals and thanks to Glen for allowing me to drool over his car.

My pleasure...
It was good to chat in person after so many years of it always being on forums!

nice to meet up with you guys again although i am audi-less now! Show was a bit disappointing i had a weekend ticket as i only live 4 miles away but even i was bored on sunday.

Maybe Autometrix need some constructive criticisms in order to get it back on track. It used to be that the sprints were a bonus to the rest of the interesting stuff on display .etc but now its the main part of it and when its wet....well, thats it really.