Goodwood Festival of Speed

MikeS4

MikeS4
Reaction score
Anyone thinking of going this year?
I've never been before but it sounds like a cracking day out if you're piston head.

its i the best event ever!
i worked at the one last year and i'm doing the same this year!
its a bit pricey for a ticket, but well worth it! get a good seat in the grandstand and watch all the yummy cars go up the hill! also a stoopid quick transit van!
walk the pits and be amazed by the cars!
oh and don't forget to drool over the audi stand! they better have the R8 on display this year!!

I'm planning to be there on the Sunday but you're right prices are very steep. Just admission is £47 while the grandstands are £82.
Is it worth paying the extra?
Any chance you get discounts for AS.net members?

I'll proberably go i could pretty much walk there (if i wasn't so lazy)

I wouldn't bother with a grandstand ticket. Part of the fun of Goodwood is strolling round in the paddock and along the length of the course. There's plenty of decent places to stand as well.

I've been to the last four Goodwood fos's. They're absolutely world class, best vehicles from most classes and periods.
You can walk around all of the pits and see and talk to the drivers, mechanics and staff. And get close up to all of the cars.

It's a very full day though. Gates open at 7 a.m. there's stuff to look at that early. Leave it till 9 a.m. and you'll get stuck in the 5 mile traffic jams! and maybe finally arrive by 11.00 a.m.

As well as competition cars there is the Supercar paddock. All the latest most exclusive motors available. (to some).

Also there's lots of trade stands selling all sorts of motoring mechandise.

..........it's the only place to be on June 22/23/24. :icon_thumright: