Vag meet in the south

Randomjim

Reaction score
Thinking of sorting out some sort of vag meet in the south as no rice has gone a bit too far north for me. Just wondered if this would be popular??? And any suggested locations? :icon_thumright:

Edit: Meet will be on Saturday 30th June at Box Hill in Surrey. Time and more precise details will follow nearer the time. :o.k:

Well the new no rice is a bit far for most of the people round here. So maybe down this way portsmouth/chichester/worthing. Or maybe farnham guildford horsham something like that.

Whereabouts are you from?

im from catford and for some reason all the meets are never around my area?
would travel towards bluewater, croydon

im from catford to! wouldnt mind traveling to bluewater if theres a good turn out.

Yea was thinking somewhere like that. Was thinking of a no rice spin off but more aimed at audi's. Every other month or something like that....

A pub meet would be good..I will bring a co pilot with to drive me home...ONE FOR ROAD!!

We will need to let the Landlord know, but a mid week till rush I'm sure won't be too much of an issue..I'll bring VAG-COM along again too if required

Hi, new to the forum but would like to join in.

Hunters Lodge isn't that great for service and food though.

not than a newbie has much say :sorry:

New boy! ! !

Ok, not much i can say about that.

:blahblah1:

:jester: I think this is a great idea, I live nr Reading so I'm not too fussed as long as it's in the south some where.

Numbers are starting to build up :)

So we need a decent pub with a big car park that wouldn't mind an audi invasion. Any ideas?

Hopefully somewhere i'll know :happy:

I live near Bluewater, it has a big car park....

the other good place for a meet (have been there in the past) is The Moat down near Brands Hatch just off the M26

Guildford seems like a fairly central meeting point. What does everyone think of that?

:jester: I think we should get this going and see how many people we can get to turn up. I think we should pick a date at the end of next month so people can decide if they can go.

I propose the 23rd June Saturday.

Can people let me know what they think.

:idea: There aren't enough Audi meets and too many VW so come on!! :idea:

I`m from Norwich so would be a bit of a drive but I`ll come along if enough people are interested???:icon_thumright:

Well I am in Reading, so sounds good to me!

Having said that, if it is going to be the 23rd June I am in Stafford on a track day! :sorry:

:jester: I just want to say that Guildford was surgested but I don't know Guildford very well, so does anyone actually know where in Guildford we are talking?

As for dates I think I will surgest 2 dates and the one with most people will win.

Does this sound ok?

:jester: The two dates that might work are either the -

23rd June Saturday or the 30th June Saturday.

Can people make clear which dates they can attend please.

Is GTI Inters" around that time...cant remember the date off the top of my head??? Be well up for either date as long as it does not clash?:icon_thumright:

How about Box Hill? nice location which is well used for car meets & such... Guildford is OK but just a big slab of tarmac more used by the boy racer meets.

Keep me posted - I'd be interested in popping along, putting some faces to names etc!!!

:jester: From what I'm hearing it sounds like the 30th maybe better.
Can I have people's thoughts on this please. With regards to location Box Hill does sound good.

Also I'm putting my email address at the bottom so people can add me if they so desire. I think we should be able to get a good turn out.

Could be fun.

:icon_thumright: nickelvery@hotmail.com :icon_thumright:

30th sounds good to me, there better be a good place to get some munchies in box hill.

Theres a fairly large pub just off the M3 at bagshot called the golden retriver i think, easy to find and normally dead during the week.
They do an ok food menu as well.

:jester: So we still need to make our minds up on where it's going to be then.

At least we now know it's on the 30th.

The options are Box Hill where they hold car and bike meets some times.

A large pub off the M3 near Bagshot.

And Guildford, but I think as this is the Rudeboy meet place of the year maybe not such a good idea.