Vag meet in the south

I would be in for this and like a few others I'm in the Catford/Bromley area too, only problem for me is that I will be on holiday over the last two weeks of June.

Right here's my 2 pence. (for a newbie ;) )

Meet at Newlands Corner for 12/1Pm

Here you have a nice sized car park and a good back drop for those that want to take pictures etc of the cars.

Then it's off to Boxhill 1/2Pm in convoy, this is about a 25 Min's journey but would be good for people to take video and camera footage if wanted.

There are two places to meet at box hill. The top or the bottom.

The bottom is where the bikes meet every Sunday (some on Sat's) this also has "Rikers", an independent Burger bar.

Or there's the top, again a large car park and some kind of restaurant (not been inside) and a BIG back drop for photo's.

Or you forget Boxhill and go to the Fairmile in Cobham (20 min journey). This is a Large pub where you can sit down, have a shandy and burger and chips, mixed grill or salad. The Fairmile also has a large car park that quite often has car meets using it's facilities (porsche's and Subaru's are one).

I'll post up some pictures of the venues later when i get home tonight.

Ps. Unless it's after 3pm on a Saturday i can't make it anyway because I've got to work to raise Petrol money.

And food for the little un ;)

i run a clubpolo meet and as of tonight we have a new location where the landlord is happy with us to be there.

Princess Royal boozer just off the A31 just outside of farnham.

Let me know if anyone thinks this might be a good idea?!

Better be off or i'll be late!

:jester: Right cool that's fantastic great work. I think the Boxhill idea is great and just need to see how many people are interested.

Just to count how many people are coming please send a quick email to the address below saying "YES PLEASE!!!".

Thanks very much

:idea: nickelvery@hotmail.com :idea:

And possible for the next meet Farnham sounds like a great idea.

Thank you all for the imput so far.

I'm up for it, live in farnham, work in basinstoke, and spend most of my time in guildford!
I will just oogle at other peoples cars...:)

Been speaking to phantoma4 and he's in too, provided he can get the day off.

Yep i'll be coming as long as no one calls in sick!

Will be bringing my cameras and mini vid rec. Hopefully looking to get some good group photos and members with cars etc!

Should be a very good turn out, and i hope to see you all there :D

Also for anyone in the south, we will probably be meeting at Pease Pottage and convoy from there. That way anyone who hasn't been there before won't get lost. Also allow me to get some good videos of you all rolling :)

Phantom_A4 said:
Also for anyone in the south, we will probably be meeting at Pease Pottage and convoy from there. That way anyone who hasn't been there before won't get lost. Also allow me to get some good videos of you all rolling :)

Perfect :)

:jester: The reason for 30th in my mind is:

a- hopefully good weather.
b- Give us a good amount of time to get as many people as possicble. (I count about 12-13 people at the moment)
c- Get my nasty dent fixed on my car by then!!! (Most important)

I think if all goes well it could become a quartaly thing!

We have had a good response so far and looks like more to come also.

easytease said:
do i win an award for most standard car? :D

If there was an award I think my 1.6 sport could be a contender...

The 30th sounds possible, lets hope nothing comes up!!:faint:

No idea where i am going, but guess i will have to do some home work!:readit:

:jester: I have had three responses saying YES PLEASE to the meet, I know more people are interested so could you send a quick email to my address below so we can get a good idea of how many people are coming.

:idea: nickelvery@hotmail.com :idea:

Thanks very much.

count me in guys!

where the hell is pease pottage guys? sounds like some fairy tale place :)

im based in portsmouth, so all the suggested areas arnt TOO far away.

anyone else from Portsmouth/chichester area? i think andymac is based in southampton, he may be up for it!

definately count me in, 30th sounds great too, 2 days before i start my new job :)

Prawn said:
count me in guys!

where the hell is pease pottage guys? sounds like some fairy tale place :)

im based in portsmouth, so all the suggested areas arnt TOO far away.

anyone else from Portsmouth/chichester area? i think andymac is based in southampton, he may be up for it!

definately count me in, 30th sounds great too, 2 days before i start my new job :)

I'm from chichester so you can meet me and follow me to the land of fairy tales if you like lol.

Yeah, im up for this - anywhere within 40 miles of Basingstoke I'll go to!

Box hill is just down the road from me so i'm definately up for this one.

failing that i used to live in guildford and theres a massive car park / walking area with a good backdrop for photos at newlands corner (i think someone else has suggested this above)

So 30th june it is then guys?

Glad to see the Box Hill idea was a hit, it really is a nice venue!
I've been there to quite a few car meets in the past with RSOC & various Jap meets.

30th is OK with me :)

Cancel the holiday this is far more important lol.

But seriously :huh: i reckon this meet will be worth doing more than once so there's always next time.

Hey jim, could you edit your original post so the details are on the 1st page, think it would attract more attention...plus stop people getting confused with the posts saying different things...even I'm confused!
:icon_thumright:

Ed said:
Hey jim, could you edit your original post so the details are on the 1st page, think it would attract more attention...plus stop people getting confused with the posts saying different things...even I'm confused!
:icon_thumright:

Good idea mate, i'll re-edit again when we know exactly what's happenening.

Randomjim said:
Good idea mate, i'll re-edit again when we know exactly what's happenening.

:jester: Hey buddy,

Could we say Audi meet at Boxhill 3oth June for the title?

Just a thought.

You can't change the title (only mods can) but you can change the body text...which I can see you have already done :)

Let's make it really easy, start a new topic.

Before that can be done we need to decide what's happening.

Meet at newlands, hour later move onto boxhill?

Also, what's better, Sat or Sun's??

I know for me Sundays are easier, I work till 3pm on a sat although it's 10 mins from newlands corner.

Map of Newlands corner.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Drove+road&sll=51.234999,-0.505714&sspn=0.011823,0.039911&ie=UTF8&om=1&ll=51.235805,-0.501423&spn=0.023646,0.079823&z=14&iwloc=addr

Postcode just north of carpark GU4 8SE

Box Hill comes under Dorking, here's a Google A-B but it will be more of "follow the car in front".
Post code of a hotel just next to carpark RH5 6BX

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?daddr=Burford+Bridge+Roundabout,+Westhumble,+Dorking,+Surrey&saddr=newlands+corner&f=d&hl=en&sll=51.256141,-0.322938&sspn=0.011818,0.039911&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1

Oh ok i'm not being stupid then.

Saturday or sunday works for me i'll book that weekend off when i get back to work.

Great work guys thanks very much for the imput.

I will happily make a new post.

Sudays are good for me too so maybe that should be the day.

So we are talking the 1st July Sunday then?

I have organised events (of a some what different nature) in the past and would love to be a part of running these events.

I understand that Randomjim started this post so I hope you'll be up for it. RSVI is obviously great at planning so if your interested then please let me know.

What do you think.

oh 110 mile round trip for me...I shall see what is in the diary, hopefull beable to make it up there!