Audi Driver International 2007

NBirkitt

Reaction score
A date for your diaries:

Saturday October 13, Audi Driver International at Castle Combe in Wilts

Audi-only Track day plus Trade stands, Club displays, Concours, Parade laps, Driving test (slalom) etc.

See www.audidriverinternational.co.uk

jojo said:
Would you like to give my car a polish before the shows starts Neil? :)

Only kidding..... :icon_thumright:

Someone's got to do it!

Has anyone applied for the club pack yet? You get allocated 10 places. Come on Audi Sport! You've got to be there!!

If theres a list put me on it

Have any mods organised this? As for a club stand, you need to apply for a application pack, which gives you 10 places. I can't believe that AUDI-sport wouldn't have been the first to get their stand sorted for AUDI Driver International. Or am I missing something here?

Do you know that it costs £10 for spectators, double that from last year. I emailed castle combe circuit and asked them about the event and they told me that they are only charging £6, so WHO! is getting the extra £4? I was going to attend but i am not paying £10 for what is basically a track day. If any Audisport.net members do go, ask about why castle combe are only charging £6 and who exactly is getting the extra £4.:no: :think:

Audimad said:
Do you know that it costs £10 for spectators, double that from last year. I emailed castle combe circuit and asked them about the event and they told me that they are only charging £6, so WHO! is getting the extra £4? I was going to attend but i am not paying £10 for what is basically a track day. If any Audisport.net members do go, ask about why castle combe are only charging £6 and who exactly is getting the extra £4.:no: :think:

Apparently, the organisers of the event(Automatrix?) don't get a penny from the tickets according to one of the workers that I know.

Audimad said:
Think you have the wrong username if your not willing to part with a tenner to see all the nice Audis on display mate

voorhees said:
Think you have the wrong username if your not willing to part with a tenner to see all the nice Audis on display mate
I have the correct username, i`m just allergic to being ripped off. :icon_thumright:

I agree that it isn't worth paying £10 to watch a track day. I was at the Autometrix VAG day at Combe at the start of August - I had free entry as I was on track, but I was very disappointed with what was there.

A mate did do something quite cunning - he entered his car for the show and shine/concours d'elegance. It is free to enter and you get a free entry pass in return. So perhaps we should all enter the Concours and accidentally park on the AS.net stand instead!

Thinking synically, perhaps the entry charge helps to subsidise GTi International!

Audimad said:
I have the correct username, i`m just allergic to being ripped off. :icon_thumright:
fair shout
on reflection the turnout for some of these things can be crap

jcs356 said:
I agree that it isn't worth paying £10 to watch a track day. I was at the Autometrix VAG day at Combe at the start of August - I had free entry as I was on track, but I was very disappointed with what was there.

A mate did do something quite cunning - he entered his car for the show and shine/concours d'elegance. It is free to enter and you get a free entry pass in return. So perhaps we should all enter the Concours and accidentally park on the AS.net stand instead!

Thinking synically, perhaps the entry charge helps to subsidise GTi International!
What an excellent idea.:icon_thumright:

Should be there for yet another blast round the track, Got a newbie with an S3 that I think will be coming too.
How about you jcs356 will you be taking your S3 or just watching from the sidelines.
:s3addict:

mintie said:
How about you jcs356 will you be taking your S3 or just watching from the sidelines.
:s3addict:
The S3 hasn't ventured onto the track yet. Perhaps this might be a good time for its first adventure!! I'm hoping that they don't get enough Audi bookings and open it up to other VAG cars so I can take the Ibiza.

Audimad said:
Just seen the ad in this months Audi Driver and it says £6 for spectators?

jcs356 said:
Just seen the ad in this months Audi Driver and it says £6 for spectators?
What page is the ad on. I`ve seen one on page 34 and it does not say the price, all it says is spectators welcome. I have though seen a leaflet where the price for spectators is £10. :think:

Two page spread pages 58 & 59. Yellow circle on page 59 says 'Spectators welcome, only £6 on the gate'

jcs356 said:
Two page spread pages 58 & 59. Yellow circle on page 59 says 'Spectators welcome, only £6 on the gate'
Thanks for that, i found it when i looked again, that will teach me to read the mag properly. Although the leaflet did say £10. I did speak to one of the organisers about the price before the mag came out and it looks to me that they have reduced the price. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

As no one has replied to say if there is a club stand or not then i am going to put my car on the club audi stand.:crying:

I`m up for this-any update on who`s going and if we are doing a clubstand??? Be good if we could as it looks like every other club will be there???

Wes G said:
I`m up for this-any update on who`s going and if we are doing a clubstand??? Be good if we could as it looks like every other club will be there???
Don`t hold your breath.:unsure:

jojo said:
How does one apply for the Clubstand Pack, and do you think it's too late to arrange this now?
Contact the organisers, i don`t think it`s too late, but be quick then i can get off that dam club audi stand and put our car on a good club stand.:thumbsup: