Bristol/South West Meet

AlexStanley

Reaction score
Website
www.alexstanley.co.uk
Prompted by Audi Girl's post in the A2 forum, who'd be interested in starting a regular Bristol/South-West meet?

Something like a curry, or going to a pub for a natter etc?

Post suggestions here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JPR said:
Bet powermap brings his laptop! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you come along and bring your laptop too? Hell, I could bring mine as well! Then we could have a 'which laptop is best' competition.

Or something.

Yes i been going to the Club GTI meets at the interchange hotel for 15 years now. I know the guys who run the hotel and i am sure they will welcome us with or without me laptop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Let me know when and i will clear it with them this week when i go up on Wednesday.

[ QUOTE ]
domcj said:
You can count me in now I have purchased my new car

[/ QUOTE ]

So what have you got Dom ?
And for how long /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JPR said:
Bet powermap brings his laptop! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I should look back in this post to see if i have done anything wrong. I am only trying to meet with people who have the same enthusiasm as myself for German cars.

You have been trying to get me going right from the start.

[ QUOTE ]
Alex Stanley said:
Right then. How about we draw a line under the politics and get back to arranging a Bristol / South West meet??!

Does everyone like curry? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

It depends on the date and location, but it is only about 1 1/2 to 2 hours from me.

Ian, I just bought a Yellow S3, and I would like to keep it for at least a year, but you know what Im like with German cars !!!!

As long as its not the first Tuesday of the month I am fine.

[ QUOTE ]
Alex Stanley said:
Phill should I put you down as a 'maybe attending' then? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Go on! I will try and make it! It all depends on when and where..

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1070640341Alex Stanley">

When shall we have a curry?
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Before Christmas
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Between Christmas and New Year
<input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />After New Year
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

[ QUOTE ]
Alex Stanley said:
Right then. How about we draw a line under the politics and get back to arranging a Bristol / South West meet??!

Does everyone like curry? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds great to me mate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Can you recommend an affordable hotel in the area for us coming from further afield /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I've stayed in a few Hilton's and hate them; always been really dirty and horrible /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Maybe the Travel Inn!

Sorry - been away for a couple of days with work... *really* knackered now!!!

Anyway, I'm going to try and put some more energy into getting this arranged - if people are coming from further afield and staying over maybe we could incorporate a pub as well..?

Current thinking is meet on a Saturday for a few drinks, go for a curry, stay over and then on Sunday go to a pub for Sunday Lunch somewhere.

What does everyone think? I know this has changed somewhat from 'lets go out for a curry' so I need to know if people are still up for it or whether it's got too complicated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

OK, judging by the deafening silence I'm guessing that I've 'overplanned' a meet, how about we cut back to just a curry/pub one evening?

For the Bristolians amongst us I was thinking about Clifton Tandoori (top of Blackboy Hill) then somewhere down Whiteladies Road for a few bevvies...

Right - sorry I've been a bit distracted with work to get this organised...

The big change for 2004 though is that I've left my job so I can concentrate on organising this now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So - shall we try to get this organised in January? There's a good curry house called Clifton Tandoori which I'm sure would be fine for us...

What I need to know is what day would be best? I'm guessing weekend?

Hiya guys,

Sorry I'm being a bit crap at the moment - the site being down isn't helping though...

Still want to get something sorted, but wondering who's still interested - I'll PM all the people today who have said they were going to come down and check who's interested and see if we can get something organised in the next couple of weeks.

Unfortunately most of the dates I suggested have passed now, and now I'm busy this weekend too (and it's a bit short notice), so what about a weekend in Feb?

Sorry guys have been trying to get on the site since just after christmas,has been driving me nuts.Am busy this weekend so let me know what date and when.You better give me detailed directions mind,i always get confused in Bristol and i worked in Fishponds for 9 months.Cheers Andy

i am up for a meet / drink (curry - depends on how quick i can get away from work - moan moan)

clifton is cool, let me know when ...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Excellent idea! lets see how many S3 we can get in a line!

im going to castle combe tomorrow _ japfest!

Might take the S3 round for a few laps.