GTI International 2007

jojo said:
why is one of the alloys wierd?

Because i ****** one Rs4 alloy up (when i was in a car accident in 2004) and got a replacement which cost £160

the replacement spokes were thiner compared to the one i have, not many people notice it but am sure everyone at inters will

shame your not going on sat jojo

jojo said:
You not coming then Rich?

I'll be there on Sunday mate, so I will inspect your car to see if its worthy of a space on the stand LOL!

See you all tomorrow.

Rich.

Just got back from Gti, very nice day although I didn't stick aroud for much, just like 2 hours, then had to rush back home, although I did manage a run on the strip against my bro, that was nice (first time). Wanted to ask something, could I come tomorrow and go on the stand or strip ? i.e. could I pay at the gates for the stand and pass?

oh yeah im sure you can i payed on the gate last year and payed to go on the strip near the front of the strip, got any pics or times of your run, how did the weather hold out for you, i can,t wait to get down there tomorrow now and give the car full beans on the strip

Was a good day, apart from the rain

glad the sun came out for a few hours but my trainers were covered in mud.

Really nice cars around, and really liked the Audi TT mk1 shape in Green which had a TDI conversion

Will post all the pics up when i get them of my cousin

Took my S3 down the strip, was sh!tting it for some reason (as it was my 1s time ), but loved every second of it, I was in a Zone, ignoring all the people and sound around me, was mad.

Went head to head with voorhees, but he had a remapped one so he wooped my ***, (wait till i remap mine) :)

Nice meeting Chris, Defratos and jason.

Chris think i got some pics of your car somwhere on my cousins camera.

Want to be there on sunday but cant make it :(

Cant wait for the next show now but audi-sport does need more cars coming to the event.

edit - forgot to mention i saw the sexy W12 :) and a sexy black R8 :hubbahubba:

I am looking forward to tomorrow, not on stand, everyone seems to dislike my car lol, i'll be coming round to see all of you who are there tho.

100_1304.jpg

100_1303.jpg

100_1306.jpg

100_1305.jpg

Nice to meet you rick and mark from the site,time was a premium so I was doing a flyby and not being ignorant...sure I saw Chris in the safe convoy after the strip.

Cheers for the pics mate,

Had good fun "racing" you down the strip, ill get you next time :)

From the pics i think i need some spacers, dont you think ?

voorhees said:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/vrsexy/100_1306.jpg

Nice to meet you rick and mark from the site,time was a premium so I was doing a flyby and not being ignorant...sure I saw Chris in the safe convoy after the strip.
Thanks for the pics Jason. Good to meet you and the other guys today, even if it was only briefly.

Was quite a good day. It rained (very heavily) at around 10am and this made everywhere a complete mud bath. Rain then stayed away most of the day until 4:30 and then the heavens opened again. God knows what kind of mess the place is going to be in in the morning.

leaving at 9 am today forecast looks dry fingers crossed:thumbsup:

shineydave said:
well i wandered by about a dozen times and never saw a soul, where were you all hiding?

Likewise.

Came past your stand a few times too, but nobody about.

Was the Noggy blue S3 with black wheels on eof the Audi-Sport.net guys? Not sure if he is aware but puffing out plenty of blue smoke.

I leave you with a shameless pic of my car and the stand I was on:

GrahamS4_4784.jpg

P6160211.jpg

the noggy blue s3 with black wheels was Chris's S3 - he is on the forum

I have a few pics of you on the strip - PM me an email address if you want them.

No joke about the blue smoke - have a look and check if it's persisting.

Have a few other S3s on the sprint that may be from here- if you think it could be you and you want the pics, PM me your reg and an email address.

marms said:
Thanks for the pics Jason. Good to meet you and the other guys today, even if it was only briefly.

Was quite a good day. It rained (very heavily) at around 10am and this made everywhere a complete mud bath. Rain then stayed away most of the day until 4:30 and then the heavens opened again. God knows what kind of mess the place is going to be in in the morning.
Nice to of met you Mark,
today (sunday) was a nightmare when getting something to eat or you ventured onto any grass/mud/quagmire
It was very sunny though as you can see

Picture.jpg

i've just been washing my S4 after yesterdays mud bath, took me an hour to do the car and 10 mins to do my shoes. to cap it all i put them on with no socks whilst washing the car with the intention of hosing them off during the washing process but a bleeding ant bit me on the ankle. it's not been a good day........

Hi all, nice to see familiar faces and meet new ones as usual, weather was pretty good!, I got some sunstroke too lol, face is all aching - ouch!

So much for my shiny car, the marshland ruined it, and a thumbsdown for the foodstands location, so it was either starve or wreck your footwear for grub.

Bluesmoke is your excuse Chris! - HA! :sadlike:

voorhees said:

Nice sun tan you got going on there Jason.

I'm pleased i couldn't get on Sunday now. Me being follicly challenged and all. I would have had a very burnt head.

My face hurts from all the sun!

Nice to see you all again, great day and not a bad show this year.

we walked around for hours looking for the audi-sport.net stand asked someone on the club audi stand they didnt have a clue where the stand was. asked a few of the gti int reps eventually they pointed me in the right direction when i eventually found it there was only 2 cars there one s3 and a TT. shame it was around 3 ish i think. we must have walked past there about 4 times!!

Lol, sorry mate I was in a hurry (had to leave asap) never realised it until I was looking at the pics, and I thought my bro took some pics with his camera as well but he never (just took a vid). Look at it this way, no one got mine :p , I got yours on vid with my bro pointing to it thinking its my car

lol
you can upload the video :)

i think i have a pic of urs

just waiting for my cousin to give me all the pics

Well despite the weather saturday morning, it was a fun weekend as usual. The mud was vile, but other than than was good. Good to see people, old and new. Sunday was brilliant weather and great for the strip. Managed a 5.5s 0-60 but that was bogging in 1st, and a 13.89 1/4. Looking forward to next year!

ps - Will upload some vids or races against ChriS3 and JamoS3.

Well I'm going to rename GTI International as "GTI Eventfull" for me.

Excellent day (Sunday) but didn't get home until 01:15 Monday morning. Not by choice!
Fecking car broke down whilst on the M1 (bearing in mind I live near Brighton).
Just lost all power.

Anyways, cutting the long long story very short, I was given a loan car by th RAC and now mine is sitting at a recovery centre in Milton Keynes, hopefully being returned to be sometime today.

******!

Oh well, guess I'll just have to get involved when it arrives (Kev rolls sleeves up ready).

Took loads of pics tho. Check 'em out here --> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kevin.yeoman/WebGalleries/GTI_Internation_2007/index.html