Scottish Karting Meet

How about the one in Edinburgh with the twin engine outdoor track? If not, as you say, plenty in Glasgow.

Scotkart run "open" events most weekends that allow smaller groups to race against each other - If Raceland do a similar deal then it would be a great option - A longer track with faster karts - Awesome in the wet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Exclusive events at Scotkart are for 24+ and Raceland for 16+ - Will we get that many?

DJ

'faid my finances are going to be tight till after xmas. Few bills due, not least my insurance and my car is flashing up for its 80K service. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Wah!, DJ, what' happened to the 13th! Well, actually, I know, cos I phoned them up.

I'll need to check if I can make the 20th. 3 hours is a fair time on the track and I've got some other arrangements already made, hence me reserving the 13th. I'll see what I can do though.

Any more takers?

Scotkart has 2 indoor circuits - Both with single engine karts - LPG at Cambuslang and petrol at Clydebank - The only place in Scotland I know with twin engines is Raceland south of Edinburgh. - Raced there 2 weekends ago - with ice on the circuit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

DJ

Glad you all had a good time. Hey Mark 10 out of 38 'aint that bad! Last time I was carting I got t-boned all the time. The drivers got a caution but it was of no use to me having been spun into last place. Small consolation, I got my Xmas shopping done! Drove back to Kilwinning at 40mph after I came off of the M8!!!! Why do people have to drive soooo slow!

[ QUOTE ]
khufu said:
Glad you all had a good time. Hey Mark 10 out of 38 'aint that bad! Last time I was carting I got t-boned all the time. The drivers got a caution but it was of no use to me having been spun into last place. Small consolation, I got my Xmas shopping done! Drove back to Kilwinning at 40mph after I came off of the M8!!!! Why do people have to drive soooo slow!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, by the last couple of races I was probably needing some anger management /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif , but starting at the back meant I could get some revenge. That was fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

40MPH, ouch!

been there to! my old boss said you could go flat out round the start straight and 1st corner on the track North of Glasgow. I eventually tried and realised that being 3 stone lighter I got up a bit more speed on the straight. Full speed into the tyres sideways does rattle your rib cage a bit LOL

Just checked the Raceland web site - They have an open sprint meeting ( 4 heats of 10 laps - 930M outdoor track) with their twin engine karts on the morning of Sunday 11th Jan - This is a non championship round of their open hire kart Super GP series - Think I'll give it a go - Anyone else up for it?

http://www.raceland.co.uk/open_race_events.html

DJ

Do they provide studded ice tyres for january?

Sounds good to me, don't think i'm working so I'll probbably attend...

That's going to be a bit soon for me, next time maybe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif