Post GTI international thread

Your car was looking great Chris and fair play for making the long trip. Sorry Glen, I missed speaking to you, but the Porka looked and sounded awesome.

Mark.

Our club stand

gtiinternational06audisportstand01.jpg

gtiinternational06audisportstand02.jpg

gtiinternational06porsche01.jpg

Club stand cars

gtiinternational06rado02.jpg

gtiinternational06rado01.jpg

gtiinternational06golfmk2bay01.jpg

gtiinternational06golfmk101.jpg

Blimey, some weekend! Thanks again Rich for arranging the club stand and good to see the good attendance.

Great new location for the show but the overall banter and drinking bettered the show itself.

Here starts a painful 14 days waiting for any police enforcement camera notifications to arrive following a spirited journey there and back.

Chris, hope the "hangover" abates soon ;)

Cheers all!

madkebab said:

Coolio.

Looks like you've got a similar taste in cars as me :D As I would have taken photos of most of them as well.

Oh yeah I forgot to ask, but the guy you were talking to at the end waiting for the show and shine, I'm sure I've seen him before? Is he the owner of the silver MK1 Cab?

ChriS3 said:
As for the hang over, I have bigger issues now. Aparently 'Nicola' is my bosses neice!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahaha... Not good. I'm sure I could remind him of the exemplaries you were using to describe her at 730am this morning... :)

Ryanc said:
wayy a picture of my car! Nice to meet you chris and glen.BTW is your car 320bhp as caney(tt) has been asking.

320ps apparently.
Bog standard...

Didn't do too bad...
5.1 0-60 (Porsche claim 5 dead) and a 13.6 quarter.

Got right royally humped by that TT though...

Markb said:
Coolio.

Looks like you've got a similar taste in cars as me :D As I would have taken photos of most of them as well.

Oh yeah I forgot to ask, but the guy you were talking to at the end waiting for the show and shine, I'm sure I've seen him before? Is he the owner of the silver MK1 Cab?
Yeah mate that is Darren with the mint silver mk1 cab. He was robbed in the show n shine as he didnt even come within the top 3!!

You did very well glen!That tt kicks my *** at pod every time!

Ryanc said:
You did very well glen!That tt kicks my *** at pod every time!

I was quite chuffed with my times (well, the 2nd and 3rd runs anyway).
That TT is really fast...I was shocked at quite how fast it got off the line..it seemed like he had a car length or two on me before I'd even got the clutch fully out!

Good fun...

Good to meet and chat to you BTW Ryan!

Lovely car you've got there glen,btw how did you fair against that silver s3?
Shame there's not more events like that.

Ryanc said:
Lovely car you've got there glen,btw how did you fair against that silver s3?
Shame there's not more events like that.

I didn't line up against him...
They moved me forwary to line up against a Mk2 GTI..the poor lad, it was his 1st 1/4 run...and they give him a 911 to line up against.

Pity...that was my fastest 0-60 and 1/4...it would have been interesting to see how I got on against it.

Cheers for the comments about the car...pleased you liked it.

Well we had a fantastic weekend!

Started off friday with nothing but problem after problem!

First of all, exhaust was clunking a little to after 30 seconds of investigation i discover the front backbo hanger had snapped, so bodged that with HD cable ties, and then, i discover that i've got yet another major boost leak which took me 3 hours to fix. I was a little p*ssed off to say the least, but even more p*ssed off when i discover that my TB had just kicked it too. Lucky for me i had my old(er) one to hand which is a little less screwed, but screwed none the less! Ended up getting there only an hour and a half later than planned though.

Had some fun friday night with the leicestershire locals, one of which was a '05 model Impreza WRX STi, who thoughts he would try and impress his girlfriend by beating what was 'only an A3'...Lets just say i dont think he got any that night! hahaha. As soon as i dropped into 2nd gear from the traffic lights, i rather rapidly gained some distance on him, after he properly launched from the lights. Brilliant!

Was a early start on saturday morning, with getting up @ 6am to hit the showers before the masses, and then casually made our way over to te main gate for 7:45.

I was particularly impressed at how much space we had for a club display! Shame we couldnt make full use of it on the Saturday, but we filled it nicely on sunday which was great!

Thanks to everyone who had their cars on the stand to give Audi-Sport.Net a real presence, which it has always lacked in previous years!

The sprints were pretty good this year, and much better than they were viewable for the entire length of the track... A vast improvement! Also that club cars could use the track. It all seemed somewhat more relaxed this time!

I was pretty happy with me first run of the day on saturday where i managed a 13.8, with a crappy start! id 0-60 in 5.7 seconds, but was really finding it hard to get a good start....Too many revs or too few!

Great to see all the usual guys again, and also good to meet some new faces!

All in all, i think its an improvement from previous years, and with it being where it is, i think it will only get better, once again! Thats the first year, since the first time i went about 4-5 years ago that that was really good...It slowly declined up until this point, so fingers crossed that next year will be bigger and better, with equally good weather!

Cheers

Rich

Yeah thanks again Rich for sorting out passes etc.. Nice to see you guys at show even if i didnt get to mingle that much, nice Porker Glen. Just wished there were more stands really apart from that not a bad day! Got a massive red face now tho hehe :)

Here we go:

Rich:

http://media.putfile.com/Rich-Cropped

The boy Maguire (ChriS3) doing the business:

http://media.putfile.com/Chris-vs-Mk2-No1-Cropped

http://media.putfile.com/Chris-vs-Mk2-No2-Cropped

Apparently there are fast TTs...
Like this one:

http://media.putfile.com/TT-Cropped

The very same beast that handed me my *** in a silver platter.

VWR Beetle in full effect:

http://media.putfile.com/VW-Racing-Beetle-Cropped

An example of doin' donuts...M3 stylee...

http://media.putfile.com/M3-Doin-Donuts-Cropped

RichA3Turbo said:
Well we had a fantastic weekend!

Started off friday with nothing but problem after problem!

First of all, exhaust was clunking a little to after 30 seconds of investigation i discover the front backbo hanger had snapped, so bodged that with HD cable ties, and then, i discover that i've got yet another major boost leak which took me 3 hours to fix. I was a little p*ssed off to say the least, but even more p*ssed off when i discover that my TB had just kicked it too. Lucky for me i had my old(er) one to hand which is a little less screwed, but screwed none the less! Ended up getting there only an hour and a half later than planned though.

Had some fun friday night with the leicestershire locals, one of which was a '05 model Impreza WRX STi, who thoughts he would try and impress his girlfriend by beating what was 'only an A3'...Lets just say i dont think he got any that night! hahaha. As soon as i dropped into 2nd gear from the traffic lights, i rather rapidly gained some distance on him, after he properly launched from the lights. Brilliant!

Was a early start on saturday morning, with getting up @ 6am to hit the showers before the masses, and then casually made our way over to te main gate for 7:45.

I was particularly impressed at how much space we had for a club display! Shame we couldnt make full use of it on the Saturday, but we filled it nicely on sunday which was great!

Thanks to everyone who had their cars on the stand to give Audi-Sport.Net a real presence, which it has always lacked in previous years!

The sprints were pretty good this year, and much better than they were viewable for the entire length of the track... A vast improvement! Also that club cars could use the track. It all seemed somewhat more relaxed this time!

I was pretty happy with me first run of the day on saturday where i managed a 13.8, with a crappy start! id 0-60 in 5.7 seconds, but was really finding it hard to get a good start....Too many revs or too few!

Great to see all the usual guys again, and also good to meet some new faces!

All in all, i think its an improvement from previous years, and with it being where it is, i think it will only get better, once again! Thats the first year, since the first time i went about 4-5 years ago that that was really good...It slowly declined up until this point, so fingers crossed that next year will be bigger and better, with equally good weather!

Cheers

Rich

nice to meet ya rich

i deceided to have a go on the strip (3 runs) in the polo = 6.1 to 60mph and a 14.2 quarter ( with my pudding foot )

cheers

chris

Christ boy, you crazy? That must have been a painful 14.2 seconds!! Not a bad time though!

Inspector Rich!
Are you ready for gti festival ,i know there is a 13.6 in the old girl.

hahaha. Yeah there is defo better times to be had... Im impressed as they were crap starts! I really need a diff in there!

Ess_Three said:
n example of doin' donuts...M3 stylee...

Yeah that was funny when Security done some A-team manovers straight over the grass to stop him. Then he drove round security a few times before stopping.
Guy was a bit of a pie in the end toe ending it along that busy road towards to the show.

2.2 5cyl 20v ,big turbo ,loads of nos

RichA3Turbo said:
Christ boy, you crazy? That must have been a painful 14.2 seconds!! Not a bad time though!
lol. probs not one of my better days but i wasnt gonna miss the show

heres a pic of my foot/leg when i got home=

ceedubya said:
my money would be on the mk1 golf everytime,

no veyron driver would have the balls to drive it that hard

Why?
It's under warranty...if you break it, they fix it.

And besides, the Veyron drives itself in runs like that...you just point it in the right direction and unleash it..

Golf would win,mac f1 is a 11 second 1/4 car and is still probably quicker than the veron the 150mph.

The Veyron would tear it a new one.

I dont know... i think it would be pretty fair. Just think of the weight difference!

Rich