GTI International - Do we want a club stand?

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've been sent information from autometrix (Volkswagen / Audi Driver) asking if we want a audi-sport.net club stand at GTI International at Bruntingthorpe, Leicester on June 17/18.

The club stand will be free and those who want to place their motor on the stand will also do so free of charge. We will need to know how many spaces we require.

Does anyone want to organise this? I will be there on that weekend but probably won't have my car so wont be on the stand.

Let me know.

Cheers
Rich.

I'd be well game for having my car on the stand, but it's probably too much of a sheep in wolves-clothing for that to be realistic?

Regards,

Rob.

I will more then likely be up for this. Although I am only planning on doing the 1 day (Probably the Sunday)

Lets see what kind of interest we get from the guys and I will confirm. As I've been asked by a few other groups whether I would like a place on their stand.

Mark.

i will be there,15mins from my house!

I am so gutted I'm going to miss this. Been going for the last 7 odd years without fail.
It's going to be a much better show this year compared to the last few!

Shame the new dates will coincide with a holiday I've got booked. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

You guys have a cool time and don't forget the pics!

Why that weekend... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif I really wanted to go this year and would have happily had my car on the stand... but that clashes with my drinking and car heaven in LeMans... How about asking them to change the dates? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Rich,

Do you know if cars on the club stand have access to the 1/4mile sprint??

Rich

i'm not sure.. I'll have a read of the documentation I recieved tonight and see if it says.

If not, I'll give them a ring to find out.

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not sure.. I'll have a read of the documentation I recieved tonight and see if it says.

[/ QUOTE ]

Had any luck with this Rich?

Yeah I'd be up for attending this one. Car should be nicely sorted by the time this comes around.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Rich, I have been crap lately! I will try and remember to look tonight!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing in the documentation Rich.. I have just emailed then so hopefully will get news soon!

Ok mate. Thanks. Will gladly put my car on a stand (not boething with JBR stand this year...Spend the money on mag adverts instead!) but want to be able to abuse the strip! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I may be interested but if your on the stand then can the car still be entered in the concourse event? If so then I'm up for it if you need to make numbers up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Count me in for the Saturday, and possibly the Sunday as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can't make the Saturday - classic car show at Castle Combe.
Count me in for the Sunday instead.

Sunday

The Slug - A3 quatty with some nifty graphic on the sides, hehe, dunno wether to take yellow one or mine, maybe both

[ QUOTE ]
Sunday

The Slug - A3 quatty with some nifty graphic on the sides, hehe, dunno wether to take yellow one or mine, maybe both

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you are most likely to bring the missus along, take both, you have no excuses Rich, it's only down the road for you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I will definetly come along,do we have a stand?

So guys back to the original question...

Hi Guys,

I've been sent information from autometrix (Volkswagen / Audi Driver) asking if we want a audi-sport.net club stand at GTI International at Bruntingthorpe, Leicester on June 17/18.

The club stand will be free and those who want to place their motor on the stand will also do so free of charge. We will need to know how many spaces we require.

Does anyone want to organise this? I will be there on that weekend but probably won't have my car so wont be on the stand.

Let me know.

Cheers
Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds real nice, but when is GTI international happening? or has it already happened? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read the first post in this thread it will tell you.

Im sure between us we can get this sorted out. Rich do you know how many cars we are entitled to on the stand? We can then get the list started.

[ QUOTE ]
Im sure between us we can get this sorted out. Rich do you know how many cars we are entitled to on the stand? We can then get the list started.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure to be honest as they are going to contact me nearer to the date to finalise numbers. I would think around 15 cars?

Perhaps we should just start a list and see how many we get. As soon as I know more about numbers i'll post the details.

Its possible that we could have as many spaces as we want!

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps we should just start a list and see how many we get. As soon as I know more about numbers i'll post the details.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here we go then:-

GTI International - Club Stand List:-

madkebab - Audi A4 B5 1.8TS

Perhaps we need to split this into 2 days. I would modify the list for Saturday and Sunday.

keep up the good work!

[ QUOTE ]
Are any of you guys going to go to Edition 38 as quite a few people say it is now a better show than GTI International?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah defo going E38 best show of the year bar none IMO. Couldn't get enough of it last year, went on the Saturday and then returned on the Sunday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Not sure about stands yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Defo want my car there though so I can catch up with my Dub mates /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Put me as a possible - As long as i can still use thr sprints, its cool! If not, then i wont.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Rich,

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally recieved this from autometrix today:-

In response to your question, YES! Cars will be able to leave the club display area and take part in the Sprint this year.

We have revised the layout of the show to encompass many aspects that people were unhappy with in previous years and as a result, the club display area is within easy access to the Sprint.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rich,

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally recieved this from autometrix today:-

In response to your question, YES! Cars will be able to leave the club display area and take part in the Sprint this year.

We have revised the layout of the show to encompass many aspects that people were unhappy with in previous years and as a result, the club display area is within easy access to the Sprint.

[/ QUOTE ]

GTFI!

I'm in then! That was the one thing that f*cked me off with bentwaters. I'm happy now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich