Audi Driver International 22nd Oct. Who's going?

perhaps we should see if we can get some kind of award for having the dirtiest cars on show,lol.

I assume either autoglym or Meguirs will be represented up there?? i want to try some gold class wax.

Have just read the whole post and can't wait for tomorrow. Can't make it up there for the morning but will come and hunt the as.net stand down and meet a few people if thats ok.

Is everyone doing a stint on the track then? Just hope i don't stack it!!

[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping to clean the car today but it is throwing it down with Rain!

Oh well, looks like I will be turning up in a dirty S3... Have to wash it there!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well who looks the most craziest person in my neighbourhood!!!

I've just washed the car in the pooring down rain! Now thats dedication!

Didn't bother shammying it though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

The things you do eh!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Oh well, looks like I will be turning up in a dirty S3... Have to wash it there!

[/ QUOTE ]

The things you do eh!

[/ QUOTE ]

Think it'd look odd if I get my Jetwash out at 4am tomorrow morning? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The things you do eh!

[/ QUOTE ]

Think it'd look odd if I get my Jetwash out at 4am tomorrow morning? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah you go for it! When my neighbour asked me why I was washing the car in the rain, I told him that it was the latest trend and its "better" for the car!

I bet he'l be out there later doing his! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Sorry to be a post whore but just got a quote for trackday insurance: To cover the whole cost of replacing the car would be £131 with an excess of £1400! Up to 7 grand would be 70 quid. Think i will just take it fairly easy. See you tomorrow!

Can someone post up the final list with meet details and if any one needs anything brought?

I will bring Laptop with VagCom (don't know how to use it yet) and Etos parts list. We should have brought a Barbie now that would have been cool.

Dicky ,i have had a flu bug all week,i was hoping to be feeling better for tomorrow but still feel ropey today,so i shall be dropping out.I am /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif off cause i have done some nice spec cards etc ready,if i feel better later i will try to make it ,but car will be dirty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy

I may be doing a session... probably just the one though. There are stand pipes dotted all over the place so you can wash cars there.... Shall be doing mine in the dark tonight! GREAT!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone post up the final list with meet details and if any one needs anything brought?

I will bring Laptop with VagCom (don't know how to use it yet) and Etos parts list. We should have brought a Barbie now that would have been cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

The full list is a few posts above...

We will be meeting at Cross Hands pub at 8. Come on, try and keep up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers
Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
Dicky ,i have had a flu bug all week,i was hoping to be feeling better for tomorrow but still feel ropey today,so i shall be dropping out.I am /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif off cause i have done some nice spec cards etc ready,if i feel better later i will try to make it ,but car will be dirty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries mate. Hope you get better soon!

Try and pop up if you feel better...

Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
I may be doing a session... probably just the one though. There are stand pipes dotted all over the place so you can wash cars there.... Shall be doing mine in the dark tonight! GREAT!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Washing cars in the dark is great fun! Hope the rain stops for you Rich...

I've just given mine a quick wash as it hadn't been cleaned for 2 weeks. At least it will look presentable until I can clean it properly up there...

See you all tomorrow!

Rich.

Updated list...

DickyS3 - Audi S3
Jojo - Audi S3
Markb - Audi A3 1.8T
docurley - Audi A4 1.8TQ (RS4 Body conversion)
madkebab - Audi A4 1.8T
Enzo (possibly) - Audi S4 (B5)
Crash - Audi A4 2.4
The911SC - Audi S4 (B7)
trekbiker - Audi A4 Avant 2.5 TDi
JPO - Audi S4
s3bow - Audi S3
rojocho - Audi A3 1.8T
MaWhitey - Audi A4
TheSlug - A3 TDI QS

RESERVE LIST

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That saves me bringing my lappy too then,lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tho i may fetch it up for entertainment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I did email the speccy sheet to you Doc, i hope you got it.

I wounder if there will be any kind of autojumble going on, could do with some odds and sods, Door cards, 1999 Dash etc etc,lol
EDIT
Maybe arrange the cars by power output?? should spread them about a bit

You still keep forgeting to add my 2.8 to the list so I will do it.

Updated list...

DickyS3 - Audi S3
Jojo - Audi S3
Markb - Audi A3 1.8T
docurley - Audi A4 1.8TQ (RS4 Body conversion)
docurley - Audi A4 2.8Q Supercharged (and For Sale)
madkebab - Audi A4 1.8T
Enzo (possibly) - Audi S4 (B5)
Crash - Audi A4 2.4
The911SC - Audi S4 (B7)
trekbiker - Audi A4 Avant 2.5 TDi
JPO - Audi S4
s3bow - Audi S3
rojocho - Audi A3 1.8T
MaWhitey - Audi A4
TheSlug - A3 TDI QS

Meet point:

Post code is BS37 6RJ for all you sat nav'ers!

Full address is :-

Cross Hands Hotel
Old Sodbury
Nr. Bristol
South Gloucestershire
BS37 6RJ

8am leaving at 8:15am

[ QUOTE ]

I did email the speccy sheet to you Doc, i hope you got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorted and edited /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Been out cleaning my car in the rain which was fun LOL

Also managed to dry it off in between rain showers. Hopefully going by the forecast it should be good tomorrow.

I have got all of my cleaning equipment including buckets etc... in the spare wheel well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Also put a seat and some other bits and bobs in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

So my Sat Hav is saying that BS37 6RJ is at the side of a dual carriage way in a field. Hmmmm

Anyone elses bring an actual road up?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The things you do eh!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah you go for it! When my neighbour asked me why I was washing the car in the rain, I told him that it was the latest trend and its "better" for the car!

I bet he'l be out there later doing his! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not clean it at 4AM? LOL

My neighbours think I am mad anyway. Due to the amount of time and money I spend on my car.

I don't suppose it helps that I have been out at 1AM in the morning in the past with a 100W flood light finishing off work, before I go to work at 6AM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

wanna do mine, but its really pissin down, lol C U guys down there!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Been out cleaning my car in the rain which was fun LOL

Also managed to dry it off in between rain showers. Hopefully going by the forecast it should be good tomorrow.

I have got all of my cleaning equipment including buckets etc... in the spare wheel well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Also put a seat and some other bits and bobs in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

So my Sat Hav is saying that BS37 6RJ is at the side of a dual carriage way in a field. Hmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been raining heavy down my way all day (no let up) so didn't get the chance to dry it off.

Hopefully the wax I put on her 2 weeks ago is still working well..

****** weather!

anybody doing the severn road bridge run???

often do my car in the rain, if it's light, going to get wet anyway.

got a few spare buckets and sponges etc for tomorrow in the car for you guys, plus polish glass cleaner etc.

waced my car with block wax last weekend so doesn't look to bad at the mo, but a 100 miles tomorrow should trash it on our lovely roads. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

got a spare folding chair if anyone is brave enough to want to sit in this weather, let me know if anyone wants to rest their **** on it, i can chuck it in, weight no issue as i have an abf lump for bill brockbank and an o2a gearbox for someone else in car, cheaper than lowering springs!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
got a spare folding chair if anyone is brave enough to want to sit in this weather, let me know if anyone wants to rest their **** on it, i can chuck it in, weight no issue as i have an abf lump for bill brockbank and an o2a gearbox for someone else in car, cheaper than lowering springs!!

[/ QUOTE ]

A gear box and an engine? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif In what car?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess it'll be easier for me to do a quick splash at the Coombe, So I'll just bring a sponge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm following you Mark, so you best not get us lost LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

I don't have the 'willpower' for car cleaning................... haven't we got any 'polishers' on the stand who can do a full valet for a couple of bob??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Look forward to meeting everybody tomorrow! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bound to be a bit of polishing going on, eh! as long as mine's clean it'll do.

as for what car with engine's in, my A3 of course, a few boards and a dust sheet, hey presto looks like a builders estate!

[ QUOTE ]
anybody doing the severn road bridge run???

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be yes, i aim to be on the old one about 715 ish.As long as its open by then as it is currenty closed

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess it'll be easier for me to do a quick splash at the Coombe, So I'll just bring a sponge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm following you Mark, so you best not get us lost LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't got a clue where I am going. Hopefully the Sat Nav does though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah think i'll do the same, yes Mark your navii best work otherwise we would be in trouble lol as im following Joe if i can keep up, lol C U in morn bud !! G'nite all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

do i just turn up and pay £5 entrance fee.
is there a fee to park my car there?

cheers

[ QUOTE ]
do i just turn up and pay £5 entrance fee.
is there a fee to park my car there?

cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Parking is usually included, but it was on grass last year, so come meet up with us at 8am at the pub to get a pass, and see if we can sneak you onto our stand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Got in from work about 10pm, suppliers let me down with the wrong kit... won't bore you with details....

give car a quick jet wash, will have to say sorry to next door...

about to eat, then need sleep, so will be running late. hope to be there between 10-11...

why am I writting this you are all out still cleaning your cars or a sleep... hope weather holds out, been dry most of the day...

woohoo, gonna go. About to leave but it takes 4 hours to get there...

Just got back - good day and realy good to meet a few of the guys. Had fun round the track and managed to hit 120MHP round the front straight (scary putting that much trust in the brakes).

Will try and attend more events next year as a result.

Cheers,

Greg (still got a smile on my face).

Hiya guys, nice to meet you all, had a great time! apart from the 120mph speed nearly got caught lol, mind you Joe was hittin 150 at the time, lol, Joe think i got flashed on m42, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif!

What an excellent day out! Glad to see some old faces and to meet some new ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Everything went pretty much according to plan from the moment I woke up, many thanks to Markb for leading us to the meeting point, we took the scenic route, and it was damn quick! Forget Satnav and Tomtom, we now have Marknav, hes got a 14" screen in his car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif , the return trip was a good viewing aswell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
RESPECT! has to go to the man JPO(Ian), who took on the track lap after lap, nothing could hold him back!, not even ****** brakes with a warning on the dash, worn tyres and low brake fluid!!... the man's on a mission... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
Didn't head to the tracks myself, but lots of awesome machines on show, and some very rapid machines on the tracks aswell. Did join in on the parade lap with Sluggy and Markb in the end though, for 3 laps of the circuit for a laff, to get a feel for next time? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Only downer of the day was some prat driving an Audi UK supplied new shape S4 into a parked up TT, after completing a timed lap of the slalom course, then legging it out of the circuit, but he was caught in the end! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Slug meister will hopefully post up a few pics taken throughout the day, including the damaged TT.

See you guys there next year(That's if I still have an Audi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

[ QUOTE ]
Hiya guys, nice to meet you all, had a great time! apart from the 120mph speed nearly got caught lol, mind you Joe was hittin 150 at the time, lol, Joe think i got flashed on m42, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, managed to hit 150(kph) on the way back as it was clear for a little stretch, then drove like a grandad for the rest of the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Where abouts on the M42 bud? no active cameras AFAIK, unless the overhead signs have a speed displayed

Yeah...had a great day out guys was itching to get on the track but could'nt for obvious reason. The drive back home along the M5 with Joe made up for it....150 (errhmmm 150kph) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif Kept up with you all the way to 145 then your extra 6th gear kicked in and started to pull on me slowly, was fun till we met the plod on the bridge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif