Future Cheshire/ North West Meets

richy

Reaction score
Website
www.vagowners.com
Guys and Girls,

Please discuss..

we can all arrange for a meet to happen but who will actually come.. cos alot of peeps say they will come and end up bailing out at the last minute because alot of you guys are under the thumb..

SHOW some RESPECT to your man hood and get out of the house!!! and have a pint!

alot of us at vagowners.com will come and have a pint... so if we can agree on a date between us all.. we can get this thing on the road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif or in the pub.. lol

will have to let everyone have an input and then decide.. as if i say somewhere then people will only moan so it had to be a group vote..

i would be up for a meet need to talk to some more audi drivers

Meets are always going to be tricky for me to get along to; but I'm always keen to attend...

It'd be nice if across a few of the boards we can arrange a more regular date; I think it's probably the inconsistency in NW-meet timings that makes them so quiet...

As has been said in the past; we've got quite a big group of VAG-forum junkies in the north-west; and it'd be good if we could all get together more often. Perhaps the best way is to just set a regular day for it to take place; and if people turn up, wonderful. ...Obviously this runs the risk of there being 0 or perhaps 1 attendee at a given meet, and I'm sure that might make the sole-attendee unhappy, but it's nothing they won't get over... But overall, I think if word got out that there's an Audi/VAG meet-up at <wherever> on the last sunday of every-month; or alternate months perhaps - the meets would only get progressively bigger.

...It's easier to say to people "meet at the <red lion> the last sunday of every month" than "we sometimes have north-west meets; you can normally find information on either audi-sport.net / vagowners.com etc. - or if there's not, perhaps suggest a date/location..."

People, I would've thought, are more likely to attend if they just know the details - if they have to check almost-deserted meets sections hidden away in the basement of forums to find the details each time, it gets a little sketchy.

Anyway, just my 2p's worth...

Like I say, I'm always keen to go along; it's just tricky a lot of the time - but hopefully I'll be able to push more things aside to squeeze in some more meet-ups in future; it's always nice to have a drink and a chat with like-minded Audi-geeks...

Regards,

Rob.

valid point...

but as i think it was mentioned before as people have wifes and ball and chains and other commitments it tends to be te story that a regular meet would never get off the ground due to "other commitments"

i understand you can make it a regualr thing and have the possibility of strangers coming...

but i agree you have a valid point.

Guys,

There is an established Northwest meet running already.

Please see Northern Meets

It was setup originally by AL_B from this forum (3 years ago I guess) and is posted on tyresmoke and rs246.

Anyone interested is very welcome to attend.

David

as its in halifax/rochdale area.. its a big trip for most of the people in the area..

although a few do come from manchester its better to meet towards the middle to help with traveling etc..

the past few times have been in wilmslow.. although not in the middle its easy for everyone to get to.. its a nice area, easy to find etc..

plus this up and coming one is on a monday...

i don't leave work till 5.30 in liverpool for me to get home, get changed and travel to rochdale/haifax for 7pm is hard for me... and likely to be the same situation for alot of others..

trying to please everyone will always be a hard thing but generally a weekend is better for everyone..

Well does anybody want to set up a meet say once a month at a weekend maybe a sunday and somewhere in the middle of the north west as i want to meet over audi driver and get some new ideas

18th December
The Preston Brook Pub, Runcorn

Junction 11 Off the M56 and Starts 2PM till 4.30PM

Once you come off at the junction follow the signs for preston brook through the village 30mph Speed limit ( Camered) and we are there on the right hand side @ the Preston brook Pub.

X1420Y1520S100W500H300.gif

hope thats ok for everyone..

the meet is for all VW Audi Skoda drivers.. there is usually a good number of people that come to the monthly meet..

everyone is welcome. and the pub has good food and even better ale..

i should be there whats the road name im looking for

If I've got my car back by then I will come along /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Only a 120 mile round trip. So not too bad compared to some of the meets I've been to.

thanks mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i live about 10 mins away from there, Should be able to make it for an hour or so at 2pm.

See yeh all sunday

Mark

The Turn out was not to bad considering the weather - though only one other Audi was there.
Lots of MKIV's .

Some nice looking motors

Have a good Christmas everyone

[ QUOTE ]
lol thats a bit silly aint it lol..

[/ QUOTE ]

Well not really seeing as though I did say

[ QUOTE ]
If I've got my car back by then I will come along /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]