Northern Meet 2 - The Sequel

Drystone

Reaction score
There will be another meet on Sunday 29th of June at the same venue as last time (Old Cobblers Inn, Rawtenstall, Lancs).

Meeting at 12 noon, then we're going to go off for a bit of a drive (preplanned route) and return to the pub for a couple of beers and some food for those who want it (food is served all day).

I'm hoping that because it's a weekend we might get people from a bit further afield making the trip to Lancashire for the meet. As before this will be a joint meet with the UKMKIVs forum.
Hope to see you there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cheers,

Christian

[ QUOTE ]
rock-boy

[/ QUOTE ]
Is there something that you are not telling us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif

Come on guys, nobody interested in this?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Should be a good dayout. Mossy, Matt, Dan, Clive and all you other Northern boys where are you??

Moff and the rest of you Midlanders, it's only a couple of hours up the motorway for you (15 mins from J18 of the M62), be great to see you there.

Cheers,

Christian

Hope to be there this time (self and the better half Anne) but not the Audi yet ... its like waiting for the second coming (in a biblical sense)!!!

Great Clive. Look forward to meeting you and your better half /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

So far thats:

Myself
Al B
That Wigginer (Clive) and Anne
DavidT
GolfTTish (maybe)
8 from UKMKIVs

Anymore for anymore?

Cheers,

Christian

Iam back on line at last.

That dam old computer of mine eventually give up the ghost and now iam back witha beast. well for the next few weeks until it's out of date.

I should be able to make it on that Sunday, although I may be a little late.

I will try and get Lee to come down in his Subaru beating oil burner. I will let him tell you the story about the Subaru.

Hi guys,

just back from Honeymoon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif - romantic Venice, beautiful Sorento. 37 degrees, but we were fleeced so many times that we didn't get too hot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I should be able to make that one. Looking forward to trying to keep up with the uber-golfs!

Dan

Clive,

Hope you'll be able to make it, would be a shame if you can't be there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Dan,
Forgot you were getting hitched, congratulations!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
Look forward to seeing you on the 29th.

Cheers,

Christian

[ QUOTE ]
Drystone said:
Dan,
Forgot you were getting hitched, congratulations!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
Look forward to seeing you on the 29th.

Cheers,

Christian

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers mate! She's the perfect woman - she understands my sad obsession with cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Dan

Final bump for this thread.

Hope to see some of you on Sunday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

12noon at The Cobblers Inn.

Cheers,

Christian

Hi folks... hoya mossy.
dont know if i can make it sunday...:(

if the weather is good ive quite abit of work to do on my trackday golf to get it ready for its first outing week sunday on a RSOC day yikes..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Great meet, thanks to those of you who turned up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

The fantastic weather was nice but meant all us forced induction boys were a little down on power. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Apologies for the fairly poor standard of roads on the drive. You need to travel to Buxton or Scotland to find some real drivers roads (see Scottish meet thread on this forum).

The Clio in a hedge was one of the highlights. Obviously had a minor brake problem or forgot how to use the steering wheel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, no injuries though as the unfortunate driver was stood looking sheepish by the car next to a copper who had a grin on his face, he obviously found it amusing as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The other highlight of the day was Andiroos 625BHP RS4, with just a hint of nitrous oxide. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Thanks for coming along Andy. Sorry you had to wait so long for food, heard you comment that you were so hungry you could cry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, sure you enjoyed the mixed grill all the more for it though.

David, thanks for the ride in your gorgeous S4. Interesting run we had up that dual carriageway, until you overtook me that is, at which point I got bored /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Hopefully your car will have depreciated abit more by next April so I can afford to buy it off you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

I'll post pics up in the gallery asap.

Cheers,

Christian

Dan,

Small world as you say! Took me a while to finally convince myself it was you before saying hello /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif. Spent the next hour or so trying to find suitable wedding gifts, came back to the desk pleased with our selection only to find that most items were to be discontinued /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. Maybe we should just ask for vouchers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

It's Al who is seeing my sister not the other way round /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Luckily my other half shares no genes with Al. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Hope your back gets better soon.

Cheers,

Christian