GTi International - What did you think?

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
I went up on Saturday but for me I think it's losing its appeal!

It used to be much better when it was at crowthorne but since it moved up to ipswich I haven't enjoyed it as much!

Anyone else think the same?

Also did anyone spot our transport?

Click here....

Copied this from my thread, could'nt be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif to type again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Was a good day out, apart from the weather..... Should have moved to the US when I had the chance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

The only person I recognised was Ghetto, and then I only recognised his car... looks awesome in the flesh... loving those wheels.....

1/4 mile was a good laugh...... especially the M3 Cab (Got whooped - took on a smokin' golf which ran an 11) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Damn expensive though - I would have thought they would charge "by the car"... still, had a good day so I guess its worth it!!

yep totally agree with Dicky, i thought it was a real waste of a day going to inters!!! went on the saturday, got there about 11ish with ten or so mates and left by 2, there wasn't anything new to see and the whole thing is swomped by trade stands. I think most people who lead the vw mod scene tend to go to the smaller shows where the main attraction is the cars(as it should be) and not the trade side.

Another point to note is that Worthersee show is on the same weekend and is one of the best shows in europe so i expect a lot of the best uk cars are taken over there for the weekend, have a look at the link below and your see the kind of cars i'd love to be able to see at inters!!!!

http://www.edition38.com/gallery/index.php?row=204&f_id=7&level=2

I think Edition38 show in september is now easily the best uk show, very laid back with the best cars from the uk and europe, and a really good atmosphere. Also other shows like Stoner Park are a much nicer day out than inters if your into all kinds of vws not just new ones. As outlore said the plus side for inters they do a have a drag strip which is always entertaining good to see people taking all sorts down there.

Me too; Used to go to crowthorne without fail... Never been since it moved; Ipswich is such a haul away..

Audi driver day is getting better and better though.. Pity its sol late in the year.

I agree with you Dicky - it is a long way to go and it is getting less and less appealing - perhaps I'm just getting old! I was there on Saturday.

Had fun on the sprint, though - managed some runs early in the morning when everything was still dry. I got 7.86s and 16.09 1/4 in my Ibiza GTi track day car. It previously ran 9.2s and 16.75 when it was fully kitted out. Quite surprising just how much difference stripping the interior of a car makes! I expected it to be a bit quicker but not that much.

Also had some fun on the tyre testing - unfortunately Fulda didn't do very well out of me as I managed my 2 quickest times (by over 1 second) on my existing Yokohama A509s....

That A4 cab is smart!!

dscn2003.jpg

Hmm I had to miss it, but my mate in his Lupo GTi was there and I've heard all about it.

This car:

Doug01.jpg

Sounds like I missed out on some sweet MK1 Golfs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So when's E38? Also this thread is useless without pictures LOL

i was there on the sunday

took loads of pictures that should be up within the week

oh

and i won best audi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

oh

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool I'll wait for pics.

I want to see some of these MK1's that I missed.

Did you travel up with Jojo?

[ QUOTE ]
oh

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's a nice machine you have there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, gave me a good run upto 100(km/h /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)+ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

oh

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool I'll wait for pics.

I want to see some of these MK1's that I missed.

Did you travel up with Jojo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did indeed, think you might have had some trouble keeping up with us though lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

@Richy, I took a couple of photo's of that Zafira aswell, as he parked next to me... he cracked his front spoiler attempting that hand-brake turn, and had a lump of grass on one of his foglights whilst following us lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I kinda feel sorry for the show in a way. They didn't have much luck with the weather this year.
They attempted to put right some of the wrongs from last year, one being the poor sprint view. You could easily see this year. Also the transport around the car park was helpful.

Unfortunately there seemed to be a lot of expected cars/companies/traders missing.
This show has indeed lost its momentum.
Still, a lot of people turned up. Infact I thought the many of the cars in the carpark deserved to be in the show!

I'm a die hard fan, and I'm thinging twice about attending next year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

All said, were some good cars there. My favs were the dutch motors.

Was good to meet a few people from the various forums I'm on. Met RichA3Turbo and Jojo from here.

Dicky, I saw your wagon. I take it you stayed over at Capel St. Marys hotel? Did you spot my car in the corner of the car park?

Anyways, here are my photos --> CLICK ME

[ QUOTE ]

Did indeed, think you might have had some trouble keeping up with us though lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What you trying to say? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif Mine isn't that slow? LOL

Just been looking at the next events as I had to miss this one and I think it's probably E38. Is anyone going?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some good pics there and I am glad that you have taken some of the MK1s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I also see the white MK1 that my mates were on about with the chrome and carbon engine.

Well, Its the frist year i've been and have seen none of the show... Was really busy on the JBR/ECS Stand. Weather wise, it was better than last year. It was more severe but better i thought. Was good to meet a few of you (Jedi-Knight83, HTC, Pontio) and good to see some regulars (Dicky, Jojo.etc) From the look of it, it was a bit bigger than last year. I was hoping to get atleast 1 run down the sprint track, but unfortunately it did not happen... Shame, because i would really like to know what kind of times i am running. I agree its a bit of a trek from pretty much anywhere...its a good venue, but shame about its location.

Rich

Rich

woke up @ 3.30am
went bed 11pm

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif i'm soo tired this morning and driving for 8+ hours yesterday didn't help.

nice to see your car in the flesh too rich. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

and yeah u are a young ****** to run a company lol

Knew there was somone i had missed off my list! Good to meet you mate.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

We got back at 10:30 last night and then had to unpack the van ready for it to go back at 9am this morning. Didnt get to bed til half 11 and thats after about 6 hours sleep in 2 days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif

feel sorry for ya!

i went though 2 tanks of petrol and 1/4 of another..

there were some great cars there though

loved the Mk1's couldn't get enough of them and also there was a black Mk4 with R32 bumper with BBS LM's.. looked fantastic..

[ QUOTE ]
feel sorry for ya!

i went though 2 tanks of petrol and 1/4 of another..

there were some great cars there though

loved the Mk1's couldn't get enough of them and also there was a black Mk4 with R32 bumper with BBS LM's.. looked fantastic..

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you hear Revo revving the tits off the VW Cup R32? Sounded absolutely amazing! PROPER race car sound. Brilliant! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

went and saw the VW Racing Cup at Oulton Park 2 sundays ago and they were there too..and agree it did sound sweet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I kinda feel sorry for the show in a way. They didn't have much luck with the weather this year.
They attempted to put right some of the wrongs from last year, one being the poor sprint view. You could easily see this year. Also the transport around the car park was helpful.

Unfortunately there seemed to be a lot of expected cars/companies/traders missing.
This show has indeed lost its momentum.
Still, a lot of people turned up. Infact I thought the many of the cars in the carpark deserved to be in the show!

I'm a die hard fan, and I'm thinging twice about attending next year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

All said, were some good cars there. My favs were the dutch motors.

Was good to meet a few people from the various forums I'm on. Met RichA3Turbo and Jojo from here.

Dicky, I saw your wagon. I take it you stayed over at Capel St. Marys hotel? Did you spot my car in the corner of the car park?

[/ QUOTE ]

HTC - Yeah I spotted your A3 (didn't know it was you at the time otherwise I would have come over and said hello!)

Looking good matey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

i went on saturday

weather was really crap and i think thats why there were alot of grumpy people around.

I didnt like the layout atall!!! trade stands at the front and all the cars at the back!!?? doesnt make sense to me but hey!

sprint track was ok but i didnt think the viewing was all that great and there were hardly any cars running on saturday. RichA3turbo... love the car! shame it never got down the track

personally this was my first and last time at inters.

I may pop to Edition 38 but im most looking forard to GT battle (i know i know its mostly JDM). Looking like a great event

good to meet

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3turbo... love the car! shame it never got down the track

[/ QUOTE ]

I know! I had all intention of running it atleast once, but just didnt have the time. So i think that a santa pod meet will be organised by myself in the summer. Would be nice to go to a meet and not be working!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Knew there was somone i had missed off my list! Good to meet you mate.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

We got back at 10:30 last night and then had to unpack the van ready for it to go back at 9am this morning. Didnt get to bed til half 11 and thats after about 6 hours sleep in 2 days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed PeteTDI aswell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Took me almost 4 hours to get home, got a bit lost going through ipswich lol, it was easier to get there following Richy with sat-nav /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You missed PeteTDI aswell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So i did... Doh!

jojo.. that back road is the best way.. cuts out all the traffic from the show.. and puts you right back on the main roads for getting home

[ QUOTE ]
jojo.. that back road is the best way.. cuts out all the traffic from the show.. and puts you right back on the main roads for getting home

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I know how to get back there lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

it was nice to see some of you again, i was very tired got about 1 hour sleep the night before with baby james crying all night, did anyone see that mad green mk1 golf with the 700bhp 5 pot S2 lump on the strip, the first run it came off the start side ways with 3.11 to 60 and 11 something 1/4, then the 2nd run did 2.88 and 10.4 1/4 at 138mph thats one flapping fast golf

I'm going to the gti festival in july at santa pod if anyones interested.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3turbo... love the car! shame it never got down the track

[/ QUOTE ]

I know! I had all intention of running it atleast once, but just didnt have the time. So i think that a santa pod meet will be organised by myself in the summer. Would be nice to go to a meet and not be working!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
did anyone see that mad green mk1 golf with the 700bhp 5 pot S2 lump on the strip, the first run it came off the start side ways with 3.11 to 60 and 11 something 1/4, then the 2nd run did 2.88 and 10.4 1/4 at 138mph thats one flapping fast golf

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like the dude who ate the M3 for an afternoon snack /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

some good pics of the even! i really like that golf with just an engine in the engine bay!
can't quite get over the 2.25 tanks of petrol, surely that is like £110 of fuel or 1100 miles at 70mph!!!!! which leads me to ask how fast were u all going!!

ps ipswich does seem like an absolute treck of a way to go!

[ QUOTE ]
ps ipswich does seem like an absolute treck of a way to go!

[/ QUOTE ]

not if you live nearby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The only person I recognised was Ghetto, and then I only recognised his car... looks awesome in the flesh... loving those wheels.....

[/ QUOTE ]
Cheers mate! Should have introduced yourself, wasn't around my car much on the Sunday was cold and sleep deprived!

As for the show, first of all I was very upset with where our clubstand was placed, it wasn't the worst place, but I felt it was a bit 'out the way' of the show itself.
The layout I felt was poor, everything was set down one strip which I ended up walking up and down around 10 times, and this seemed to create some kind of wind tunnel as our crappy marquee found out on saturday!
The whether was very unfortunate for the event oraganisers and definately put a downer on things.
As for the cost, ridiculous, I think the event organisers are going to suffer dramtically next year, it all seems to be about profit for them.
Charging £25 for a clubstand, and then making members pay full entrance fee it appauling, if it wasn't for these clubs the show would have nothing..
I think alot of dramatic changes need to be made to convince me to haul myself and tent etc 250 odd miles back next year!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

The organisers have taken on board a lot of the feedback from this year’s event and have made major changes...

For 2006, GTI International will be at Bruntingthorpe, near Leicester, about 15 mins from J20 of the M1

And the dates will be June 17 & 18

( The same weekend this year saw the country basking in a heatwave )

And club parking areas, with much more space for club cars, will be provided free of charge (only pay gate prices)

For more details throughout the year, log on at www.gtiinternational.co.uk

Nice one,right on the doorstep.